Author Topic: TSC Recent Acquisitions  (Read 286414 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: TSC Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #1170 on: April 13, 2008, 09:56 PM »
Scored the Lucas Collector's Set from SWS.com this week. Four figures I didn't have for $16 shipped was an OK deal to me.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 15, 2011, 08:28 AM »
yesterday I bought the vtsc Han Solo in Trench coat (rotj) original release. I always try to buy the first version of a figure and avoid repacks, cause they omit some paint applications frequently on the reissue.

5 years after the launch of this figure, seems to be a durable interpretation of the character.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1172 on: July 28, 2012, 02:34 AM »
Steel City Con...  Picked up two more Death Star Gunners.  :)  This guy's gone up in value it seems, so getting two for less than $5 each was a deal IMO.

Also got 3 loose Mace Windu Legion Troopers...  Part of a much cooler deal, and appreciated in their own right since he's not the most common trooper army builder, and Mace looks badass with a squad behind him.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 02:39 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1173 on: July 28, 2012, 02:41 AM »
The DS gunner in the TSC line was one of my favs in both presentation and design. Throwing it, or the Imperial Engineer from the Legacy line, on a Vintage card would have been the cat's ass.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 29, 2012, 10:50 AM »
The DS gunner in the TSC line was one of my favs in both presentation and design. Throwing it, or the Imperial Engineer from the Legacy line, on a Vintage card would have been the cat's ass.

+1

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1175 on: July 31, 2012, 01:36 AM »
The Death Star Gunner, to this day, marks my "minimum" level of quality to make a truly nice figure.

He has:

-Lots of gear...  basically two or three ways to display him, which is great.

-A great working holster...  Maybe the best Imperial holster ever done on a soldier of the Empire.  It holds the E11 blaster perfectly, and hides it.  Why can't Sandtroopers and the like have these?

-The minimum articulation count and sculpt/pose....  He's a model for future figures, and a model that Super Articulation isn't necessary to make a pretty darn poseable figure.

He has the minimum points...  He has elbow joints that allow him a neutral pose, but also allow him to look natrual with a blaster in two hands, or like he's working on something like a computer screen or other gadget.  He has ball jointed knees for sitting.  He has ball jointed neck and a regular waist joint.  He has wrist joints.

What's really key is he has no ankle joints, but his feet are sculpted nice, flat, and neutral.  He's able to be posed walking or "lunging", or moving while crouching.  He doesn't need the ankles for any of it.

Some will cry foul on the elbow joints being angle-cuts, but angle-cuts work...  They really do.  Not always though.  It depends on how sharp they are or not.  If they're done like the Death Star Gunner though, they're perfect IMO. 

Ball joints are better, but if the line saw a price drop by a couple bucks, I'd be ok seeing some second or third tier guys cut down to this level of articulation.  Cantina aliens?  I'd be happy to see them like this.

That new Snaggletooth is great, but did he really NEED all that articulation?  If that set was $20 I would've done happily with angle-cut elbow joints and no ankles on the new Snaggletooth.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 30, 2015, 01:58 PM »
picked up today the saga 037 Sandtrooper   in john chipana shop. 8)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: September 9, 2017, 10:47 PM »
Picked up Yarell Poof and Hammerhead for $3 each at a garage sale...MOC. (And R1-G4 from 2002?)

They had Han with carbonite, too...maybe someone else...Poggle! Why didn't I buy them? Foolish...also, going too long without eating affects my judgement.

I went back the next day got Poggle, Han was gone, baby, gone.

Also got Mas Amedda (POTJ), K-3PO (POTJ) and Pit Droids (30th annivesary/legends) that Celebration Amidala (OTC/post transitional whatever)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:49 PM by Scockery »