Author Topic: Target Exclusive Imperial Shuttle  (Read 90812 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Imperial Shuttle??
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 11:39 AM »
Jesus, what a kick in the nuts this is!

A $125 vehicle (with no figures) rumored to be back in the mix at half the price with two figures?!

Sounds too good to be true considering the higher prices that we've been seeing on vehicles (see TRU AT-AT and Gunship).

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 11:41 AM »
Imagine if it was the ROTS shuttle... hee hee

:)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 01:21 PM »
Hopefully fans will support this item... which is what needs to be done in order to hopefully get some new vehicles/playsets made.

I think a lot of people will, if the price remains at $60.  I think that's great and if it was a nice OTC-styled display/window box with pack-in figs, I'd grab it at regular price for sure.   But the cynical side of me says no way will it be $60 when a re-done AT-AT without electronics is running $80 at a competitor.  I can't help but think someone inverted a 9 (as in $90) to make it a 6. 

In the process of moving I dug out the old shuttle box and $60 for that is pretty good.  Someday I'll even open mine :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 01:41 PM »
Color me unconvinced at this point.
With Target being the new home of 12-13.00 single figures and a recent $40.00 Tie Fighter, $60.00 for a BIG ship and two figures would be more than a little out of character.
They do keep their battle packs to a decent price...
but this seems too good to be true. I hope I'm wrong, I know my nephew would love one and at that price I would make his Christmas.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 04:59 PM »
This is good news. I have one Imperial shuttle displayed in the landing position. I'd LOVE to hang one from my ceiling with the wings open...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 11:18 PM »
I can't see this happening especially with the issue most retailers have with huge toys in huge boxes that clog up shelf space.  Target would maybe able to stock, what 2-4 at the most at any given time.  I already have the vintage and Saga versions, but I'm a sucker for vehicles - especially repaints.  Maybe it will be painted to go with the Endor deco that the AT-AT will have?

Oh, I also don't think that $59.99 is right if this ship is indeed rumored to be coming out.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 11:22 PM »
I can see it happening.  It's a large box, but they could put them on an endcap or whatever, or even on risers for space... remember what they did with the 12" Speederbikes?

As for price, what's so unbelievable about it?  The Falcon costs less and the amount of plastic is similar... same goes for the Gunship. 

Think positive people, think positive;)

Say it with me together now...

Good things can happen, pessimism is negative and there is no future in that.   ;D

« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 11:26 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2006, 11:41 PM »
Pessimism or realism?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2006, 11:41 PM »
DOOM!  I say  DOOM!  ;)

Hmm.  I Forgot about the 12" Speeders.  They did fairly well except for Leia - at least in my area.  Oh well...I'll keep my thoughts positive and I'll just end up using the DCPI trick when I hear they're starting to hit.  I never really paid attention after I picked up my Tie Fighter, but how many of those did Targets typically have stocked??  2-6 maybe?

Price??  I got raped at FAO for like $130-$140 after shipping so maybe I'm just hoping the $60 price point doesn't hold true so it doesn't hurt my ego.

Okay...Looks like Brent posted before me here.  Sarcasim again, no?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 01:53 AM »
Assume the worst will happen, and you can always be pleasantly supprised

;)
"This is the way."

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 09:05 AM »
I'm actually lookiing forward to this as I missed out on the original version from FAO/KB.  And if the $60 price tag holds true that makes it all the better.  I'm getting a little sticker shock with the price of vehicles these days ($30 for the starfighters/hailfire/AAT and $45 for the gunship!!!), so a reduction from the original $100-$125 would be welcomed.

Where my concern comes in is that the smaller Target stores like the one in my area never seem to get the same volume as the Target Greatland stores and thus I usually only see one or two at best of the larger vehicles.  The TIE Fighter was the exception as they had about 6, but 4 of them ended up on clearance for $28.  The shuttle is not something I'm going to wait to go on clearance...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 09:34 AM »

With Target being the new home of 12-13.00 single figures and a recent $40.00 Tie Fighter, $60.00 for a BIG ship and two figures would be more than a little out of character.
They do keep their battle packs to a decent price...

I've been wondering the same thing. I've been such an outspoken critic of the $13 figs, but yet, I have to admit that the $20 BP thing is reasonable. $60 for the shuttle seems very reasonable to me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 10:54 AM »
$60 for a shuttle plus figs as a bonus is totally worth it. Even if it didn't come with figures I think it's a bargain. I'll be picking one of these up for sure if the rumors turn out to be true.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 12:48 PM »
Pessimism or realism?

Can go either way I guess.  If you think positive all the time, maybe you do get some letdowns and are naive at times... but I still think that being optimistic is better.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 01:38 PM »
$60 for a shuttle plus figs as a bonus is totally worth it. Even if it didn't come with figures I think it's a bargain. I'll be picking one of these up for sure if the rumors turn out to be true.

Yes, this is a much more realistic price for fans that want this piece.  That FAO price was insane several years back.  My only worry is that people bought this already back in the day and they won't buy it this time around.  LIke me.  I am not going to buy it because I have mine already.  I don't want another one. 

However, I can just see Hasbro putting this out there at that price and then throwing their hands up in the air bellowing "We can't even sell the Shuttle for a measley $60!!!"  When something new like a AT-TE or Turbo Tank or Death Star Playset at that price range would sell instead of another rehashed vehicle from the early 1980's.  The 80's for Pete's sake.   I know, I know...I know why they do that but it's said to see toys from the 70's and 80's repackaged all the time (even if they are childhood favorites).