Author Topic: Wal*Mart Exclusive Basic Figures #70-74  (Read 59724 times)

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: Wal*Mart Exclusive Basic Figures #70-74
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 11:28 PM »
Aurra looks okay, the rest are crap.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 02:29 AM »

From our Hasbro Q&A Wrap-Up & Images

I'm wagering the repaints will entice me to buy considering that Labria looks vastly improved.  it's one of those things like the Jawas or Tusken from OTC where I said no, then saw them and realized I'd feel bad if I didn't get them.

Aurra...  Meh I'll get her too, I can sense it.  The Royal Droid looks kinda cool.  Nice update to that little bugger.  Part of me kind of prefers Hasbro use a better figure to update ones like those and the Red Droid even though people wanted straight repacks on those...  Not for value mind you, mine are all loose, I just sorta dig having a better version.  R2-B1's always felt kind of lame up there with the new Astro's we got from the EE sets.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 11:59 AM »
The purple Droid and the Praying Mantis are all I am snagging out of this group.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 11:59 AM by Paul »

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2006, 12:44 PM »
That Nabrun repaint is great! I Will buy!

I will probably get that alien cricket disaster aswell!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 06:03 PM »
Easy passes for me. I have all of them, and the Aurra and Astromech just look blah.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2006, 09:32 PM »
I only really want the Astromech just because I'm a sucker for Astrodroids :)

The Aurra is interresting enough to use as another of her species. I may pick one up if I ever see one (Wallyworld exclusives are rather to ugh to come by when you live in a state with only 3 Walmarts :( ).
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2006, 09:40 PM »
Mace's Droid,Kitik,Devil Guy & Kabe & the guy he comes with.The others suck.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline ddschneider1972

• Youngling
  • Go Bucks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2006, 11:36 AM »
Mace's Droid,Kitik,Devil Guy & Kabe & the guy he comes with.The others suck.

"The others" that suck...umm I guess that'd leave Aurra? I never read the comics so I won't buy her, she does look OK in a piratey way, I guess.

Mace's Droid is the only one I'll buy, since he was briefly shown in the Clone Wars toon in the wing of his ship, then soon after blown up...

The others I already have with different paint....thanks for making me buy Ktik at Kmart last year hasbro, with 2 other figures I had and 3 bar sections I already had....you #!%%!...

"Modern Collectors are just Walmart Shoppers" -The new SW "Fan Club" President

They are right, everything is big in Texas, even the defeats...The Buckeyes are (still) #1!!!!!!!!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2006, 01:21 PM »
Actually been searching around photo archives for the Cantina Bar sections (since I don't have any) so I will only buy Mace's Droid & Kabe/The Other Guy. The Devil Guy dosen't look Star Warsy so no for him too. My mind is CHANGED! :P
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 01:22 PM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2006, 02:37 PM »
Not too exciting of a wave. At least there are no openers for me.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 11:42 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 10:28 AM »
The purple droid is the only one I'll pick up if I can give up the idea of a complete TSC carded set....
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 10:30 AM by ruiner »

Offline Vader0519

• Youngling
  • *force choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 12:46 PM »
Mace's droid is also the only one I will even consider getting from this group.

Why do I have the feeling that one will be the hardest to find...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 01:16 AM »
The paint apps are okay by me.  I think that the Nabrun Leids repaint is actually quite good.  But what bothers me about this wave is that it's a WalMart exclusive.  WalMart doesn't have a great track record in managing their exclusives, and when it comes to the Basic Figure line it gets to be even more of a concern.

I do seem to recall a collective groan rising from the crowd at the Comic Con Q&A on Friday upon hearing the news that this wave is exclusive to WalMart.  Target would have been a much better venue for these, but it seems as though Hasbro wants to throw WalMart a bone.  It seems that staying in WalMart's good graces is a big concern for any company that wants shelf space in their stores.  Unfortunately though, it seems that Star Wars shelf space has been diminishing at Wally World.  Ugghhh.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline monstermonkey

• Youngling
  • What is this... "llama" you speak of?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2006, 11:34 AM »
I do seem to recall a collective groan rising from the crowd at the Comic Con Q&A on Friday upon hearing the news that this wave is exclusive to WalMart.  Target would have been a much better venue for these, but it seems as though Hasbro wants to throw WalMart a bone.  It seems that staying in WalMart's good graces is a big concern for any company that wants shelf space in their stores.  Unfortunately though, it seems that Star Wars shelf space has been diminishing at Wally World.  Ugghhh.

Although I wasn't at the comic con, I'm groaning too. I like all these figures, even if they are just repaints. I love the cantina and there can never be too many aliens! However, I can't stand store exclusives. Online exclusives, I don't mind....but to have to go to the store over and over waiting for them to show up just sucks. To make this worse, these have to be a Wal-Mart exclusive. Of all of the places, they're THE WORST when it comes to exclusives (well, any figures for that matter). The 2 that are closest to me are both the 24 hr. kind, so guys are there all times of the day and night waiting for the stuff to be put out. I'm sorry, I have a life to lead and can't do that! I've never seen the Twins, the CW Animated 3 packs, or any of the new Marvel Legends exclusives. I don't know if its poor distribution, horrible workers, or me just not being there at the right moment to get them. Target is not as bad since they'll always go in the back and get it for you if you plug in the DCPI and it shows them in stock. K-Mart is usually dead, so I've never had a problem finding anything there. Oh well, I might have to pick these up on eBay ::)

(edit: I just changed the name back to Wal-Mart is all-JJ)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 05:58 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2006, 04:28 PM »
Is the paint deco on Kitik Keedk'ak new, or is it just a straight re-release from the 3-pack?  Repaints of Cantina inhabitants can work, unfortunately, because it could simply be a second individual from the same species :-\  It's looking more like I may buy the better part of this wave. :-[
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.