Author Topic: Previews Exclusive Death Star Briefing 7-Pack  (Read 85738 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Diamond Comics Imperial Officers 7-Pack
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2006, 11:17 AM »
Depending on the price, I might go for it. I love Imperials and to get so many big wigs at ones is tempting.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2006, 02:10 PM »
This was my favorite announcement too. I think everything has been said already, but I'm simply impressed that Hasbro took the time to make this set and make it decently.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2006, 02:22 PM »
Hasbro's best anouncement, but not the best out of all of CC. That would be the 12" Jabba!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2006, 03:30 PM »
My favorite Hasbro announcement. I don't really give a **** about the Tarkin- I'm satisfied with the other brand new figures/head scupts to not bitch about him.

guns/types--I don't give a ****-it's just something I can have these guys turn on themseves with in a played out meeting.

Black uniformed officer? Not upset about this either- The ones I can remember off the top of my head were too low ranking to ever be in a conference anyway. If I'm wrong, correct me then- but I'm just too happy we're getting this set period to find complaint over it.

finger gesturing 'finding the lack of faith in the power of the force' effect for vader here is great as well.

The DS

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2006, 06:16 PM »
I wonder if Hasbro is going to suprise us with the table and chairs with this set? Or what we see is all we get? I like the set and I can't wait until we can order this one.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Officer 5 Pack
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2006, 06:29 PM »
I'm actually glad no table or chairs are included. Look at the legs, how would they sit at it?

Also, how are we going to have to order this thing? Isn't it at some certain website? I never ordered the Diamonds Sandcrawler, and I forget where people got it from.

I'm actually quite disappointed that there are no table and chairs.  And... looking at the legs, I'm disappointed they don't have the articulation to sit.  I could care less about the blasters and although I wish they would have done a quality resculpt on Tarkin, I would easily forgive that if they had made table, chairs, and articulated their lower halves.   I mean, we don't see half of these characters do anything else in the movie, but sit at this conference table.  It's time we start demanding more articualtion from the action figures Hasbro puts out.   I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but instead of 1 joint stiff straight legs, I'd rather the conference table & chairs come with this set and have the figures preposed to sit.  We already have a Tarkin, Vader and Motti, which are 3 of figures we see outside of this room, so we wouldn't be losing much.   I know, this is not an argument I'll win here with anyone, but this is one scene I'd love to make a diorama of.  Guess I'll have to start checking out Niub Niub's making-of section to create the room, table, and chairs - even though the figures won't be able to sit.

Offline 212th Battalion

• Jedi Initiate
  • oh crap...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2006, 07:04 PM »
i think its a cool set but it would have been better if it came with the table and chairs even if they could'nt sit. I mean i would use the chairs and tables for my clones for fan fic photo novel. I'm since i;m getting a new camera for christmas i think it would be alot better if i had the chairs and table to use in my photo novel ;)
Momar and Fester

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2006, 07:36 PM »
I think this set is actually pretty boring. 6 Imperials and a Vader? Blah. I have Veers and ROTS Tarkin, and I think I'll have enough Imperial officers once I get Moff J. I really do like that A New Hope Tarkin figure, as well as the white shirt officer. I just think that the other four officers look very similar, and therefore very boring. I'm probably going to buy the Republic Commando Scene Set instead.

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2006, 07:47 PM »
I think this set is actually pretty boring. 6 Imperials and a Vader? Blah. I have Veers and ROTS Tarkin, and I think I'll have enough Imperial officers once I get Moff J. I really do like that A New Hope Tarkin figure, as well as the white shirt officer. I just think that the other four officers look very similar, and therefore very boring. I'm probably going to buy the Republic Commando Scene Set instead.

I guess that's why Hasbro has such a tough time figuring out what collectors want.  See, I see the Republic Command set as boring and just as tired of clone repaints as of the Jedi Starfighter repaints.  Maybe next Hasbro can give us stormtroopers in all the colors of the rainbow.  They already got me to buy a black stormtrooper that I've never seen in any movie for double the price of a regular figure!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2006, 10:05 PM »
Why no Piett?

"Death Star Briefing."

---

The more I think about this set, the more angry I am that these guys aren't coming with Wookiee bowcasters and Gaffi sticks.

Either they aren't getting it or they're trying really hard to give you a stroke.  Title relevance be damned, weapons accuracies be damned, next thing to go will be grammar. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Imperial Officer 5 Pack
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2006, 11:22 PM »
I'm actually quite disappointed that there are no table and chairs.  And... looking at the legs, I'm disappointed they don't have the articulation to sit.  I could care less about the blasters and although I wish they would have done a quality resculpt on Tarkin, I would easily forgive that if they had made table, chairs, and articulated their lower halves.

If they gave us the table and chairs, they'd also have to give us figures with articulated knees, or else people would bitch. 

But there aren't any Imperial officers with working knees that they can repaint (at least not to my knowlege), so then they're looking at having to tool up new molds so these guys can sit down. 

So now, Hasbro's looking at new molds for a table, and chairs, and legs, and suddenly, this set has become much more expensive to produce than just simply repainting a few bodies and doing a couple new heads.  So guess what happens next?

That's right--people start bitching that they're having to spend a bunch of money on a few boring old Imperial dudes and furniture.

Hasbro's kind of damned if they do, and damned if they don't with this thing.

Either they aren't getting it or they're trying really hard to give you a stroke.  Title relevance be damned, weapons accuracies be damned, next thing to go will be grammar. ;)

Nah. . .  my heart died out ages ago, rendering a stroke technically impossible.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 11:26 PM by Matthew »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2006, 03:42 AM »
I only want Tarkin. thats it maybe Tagge, Motti and Wulf guy. but mostly Tarkin

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2006, 04:19 AM »
I think this set is actually pretty boring. 6 Imperials and a Vader? Blah...

Yeah, this set certainly isn't for everyone, and IO's are obviously considered boring my some folks too.  Just as re-released core characters aren't for everyone (mostly just the kids and brand new collectors).  The entire line is a mixed bag that tries to appease kids, collectors, army builders, and customisers alike.  But there's certainly a large contingent of OT fans and purists and long time collectors that have been absolutely itching for this thing, and all of these IO's, to get made for many years (like me).  Most of us figured it was a pipe dream, but alas, here it is!  So kudos to Hasbro for making it happen, even if half of these guys never even opened their mouth in the movie.

No doubt at all that Hasbro's aware that we'd very much like the table and chairs too, and the corresponding knee articulation, but at the desired price point for this exclusive, it's as good as they could do.  Considering we're getting 4 all-new figures (well, the heads anyway) from the OT who were but a blip on the overall screen time, I'm highly excited that this concept/set finally came to fruition, so I'll take it as is, and be pretty dang thrilled about it!

I pushed the playset idea (table/chairs) at them in their booth afterwards, but it was the same answer as usual:  NO PLAYSETS.  So don't get your hopes up on that one.  Definiely a good idea to head over to Frank's site for some customs instructions to polish this scene out properly...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 04:22 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2006, 09:36 AM »
Although there are a few shortcomings (ROTS Tarking repaint, no articulated knees) - overall I have to give some credit for this set.  I'm pretty excited for it, as boring as it may be, but I never would have imagined we would see something like this in the line.  For all the shortcomings and complaints of Hasbro we've had over the years, I'd have to admit there have been several characters/figures that I never would have guessed would see the light of day.  This is one of those examples, and I'm looking forward to it.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2006, 10:16 AM »
I really like this set too.  I'm pretty sure we'll get a decent box too like the Bounty Hunters set.

If the price is right (say $35-40) I'll pick one up.

This is definitely better than the aforementioned Diamonds exclusive.