Author Topic: The "Final 22"  (Read 120734 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: The "Final 22"
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 09:36 PM »
The Good:
Holographic Commander Cody
Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi
BARC Trooper (Army Build)
Vader's Astro droid
Mace's Astro Droid
R5-A1
442nd Clone Trooper (Army Build)
Clone Sergeant (Army Build)
Commander Appo
Gold Clone Trooper (Army Build)

The I Do't Have So Will Buy:
Kit Fitso
Yarael Poof
Battle Droids (Army Build/ A Few Re-paints)
Super Battle Droid ( Army Build & a few Re-paints)
Kitik Keedkak
Nabrun Lieds & Kabe

The HORRID!
Padme Amidala (What No New Figure!? :-\ )
Chewbacca
Darth Mual
Aurra Sing
Labria
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 12:55 AM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2006, 02:52 PM »
When I saw the official list, I counted 4 figures out of the 22 that I'm really interested in;

The imperial Droid
BARC Trooper
Clone Sergent
Commander Appo

The rest are either EU, repacks or hollows. Not good waves.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 09:28 AM »
The Good:
Saga-055 Kit Fisto
Saga-056 Holographic Commander Cody
Saga-057 Clone Trooper (442nd Siege Battalion)
Saga-058 R5-A1 Imperial Astromech Droid
Saga-059 Clone Trooper (5th Fleet Security)
Saga-060 Clone Trooper Sergeant
Saga-064 Commander Appo
Saga-065 BARC Trooper
Saga-067 Darth Vader’s Astromech Droid
Saga-068 Padme Amidala
Saga-070 Kitik Keedkak
Saga-074 Mace Windu’s Astromech Droid
Saga-069 Clone Trooper Engineer
Saga-063 Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi

The Bad:
Saga-053 Darth Maul (Sith Training)
Saga-054 Chewbacca (Cloud City)
Saga-061 Super Battle Droid
Saga-062 Battle Droid 2-Pack
Saga-066 Yareal Poof
Saga-068 Padme Amidala
Saga-070 Kitik Keedkak
Saga-073 Aurra Sing

The Ugly (aka: if it was sculpted pre-1999, just let it go):
Saga-071 Nabrun Leeds and Kabe
Saga-072 Labria

I'm a little concerned with finding these as well, as the "Final 12" last year weren't exactly easy to come by around here - not all of them anyways.  I'm general pretty happy with all of the clones, I just like the ROTS clone style.  The BARC trooper, while maybe not 100% accurate, has me pretty excited as well.  I hope I can find a handful of those, or at least 1 or 2 :).  Although I sort of agree with Jeff about not re-releasing figures that were made prior to 1999, I did miss out on those Cantina aliens, so I'll gladly pick them up (as well as Kitik).  I might get the Padme as well, as it might work as a nice "basic" AOTC Padme.  I never did see that Clone Wars Kit Fisto at retail, so I'd be happy to grab that one too.  I'm on the fence with the holo figures - I haven't picked up a ton of them so far - but I might end up getting those too.  Out of the whole "wave", definitely the ROTS clones and the astromechs - we can always use more of those.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 10:22 AM »
I'm surprised by the lack of theme or new stuff for this group of figs. But, it really doesn't hurt me to save some money on figures I don't want. I'll probably pick up the following:

Saga-064 Commander Appo (Why does he have a paladrin, though?)
Saga-065 BARC Trooper
Saga-066 Yareal Poof

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2006, 10:29 AM »
I'm an opener but for some dumb reason, I thought it would be a good idea to collect the TSC line carded as a complete set.

Maybe I'll rethink that idea - these last 22 figures are just stupid to buy again considering I already have them loose on my shelf!

Offline Vader0519

• Youngling
  • *force choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 12:42 PM »
What I'll buy:
Saga-057 Clone Trooper (442nd Siege Battalion) x4
Saga-059 Clone Trooper (5th Fleet Security) x4
Saga-064 Commander Appo
Saga-065 BARC Trooper x4
Saga-067 Darth Vader’s Astromech Droid
Saga-068 Padme Amidala
Saga-074 Mace Windu’s Astromech Droid
Saga-069 Clone Trooper Engineer x4
Saga-063 Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi
Saga-068 Padme Amidala

What I won't buy:
Saga-055 Kit Fisto
Saga-070 Kitik Keedkak
Saga-053 Darth Maul (Sith Training)
Saga-054 Chewbacca (Cloud City)
Saga-061 Super Battle Droid
Saga-062 Battle Droid 2-Pack
Saga-066 Yareal Poof
Saga-070 Kitik Keedkak

What I ask myself "What are they smoking?"
Saga-071 Nabrun Leeds and Kabe
Saga-072 Labria
Saga-073 Aurra Sing

Seriously, whoever painted that Aurra Sing looks like they were on acid. That might be the worst figure I've ever seen.

But in an effort to not whine and complain like is so common these days, I will say Hasbro was right on the mark with issuing repaints of clones and astromech droids. They cannot go wrong with those.  Although if they were gonna make another Padme, why issue her for the third time in a white outfit when there are many non-white AOTC outfits they could pick?

Oops, I complained again!  :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 11:43 PM »
Can someone point out where people were clamoring for these Clone Repaints and Holo Cody?  I didn't see a lot of people asking for made up Clone Troopers...but that's just me.  I did see people asking for the BARC though and I'm glad as spit he's coming  A lot of this other stuff though is a little weird.  And again, why they are making the gold or blue stripe version over the actual Canonical Grey trimmed Clone is also a little weird.  I'll take the astromechs and the Clones though, repacking POTF2 figures can stop right about....NOW

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2006, 12:03 AM »
Well personally I like the clonetroopers myself.  But you are right Scott.  Hardly anyone was asking for those "just off the screen" clonetrooper repaints.  At least they are using SA molds, scuplts or whatever they call it.  The camo decorated battle droids crack me up.  That's more a joke than anything I saw from Hasbro at the Comic Con.  Is this for real?  LOL.  Ok Hasbro. 

Anyway what I like and don't like is as follows: 

Am intrested in getting these (does not mean I will): 

R5 Imperial Astromech Droid (will look nice next to my POTJ R2 Imp Droid)
Commander Appo - (Because it's basically a 501st SA sculpt)
BARC Trooper (I am looking forward to the most I think)
Kit Fisto (Because I like Kit but never got this Clone Wars version)
Holgraphic Cody (I just dig it ok?)
Green Clonetrooper AOTC Sergeant (Did not get EE 4 packs at all)
Blue Dashes on armor Clonetrooper (I'm a sucker for SA clonetroopers)
CloneTrooper ROTS Green Version (Again a sucker)
Clonetrooper - Engineer (Big time sucker)

Just not that into the following: 

Vader's Astromech - It's fine but I don't need it and can't buy everything.
Padme Amidala - Ha-ha-ha-ha, man that looks terrible IMO.
Mace Windu's Astromech - No, just not feeling a purple astromech droid.
Holgraphic Kenobi - I like it but won't buy it.
Nabrun Leids - Nice repaint but won't buy it again.
Kabe - Nice to see him available but already got it.

Not a chance that I will buy these:

Camo SBD - No, don't like these from the films and not this deco either.
Camo BD 2 packs - Might have bought regular painted versions from films.
Kitik - Got Her now....cool chance for others that did not though. 
Labria - That is soooooo 1990's....make a new sculpt or don't at all. 
Yarael Poof - Ok, but I have one and gave it a lightsaber. 
Chewbacca - I have it and suppose this is "for the kids"
Aura Sing - Hideous IMO.  Nobody asked for that to be repainted or released.

That's it I think. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 12:11 AM »
Oh...and one other thing I thought of the other day when doing some research in to Who's Left From the Cantina...there are quite a few Nabrun Leids type aliens running around...so depending on if I can actually find these Wally World figures at the store, I still may pick that one up

Also a little odd they didn't find a way to repaint a protocol droid for an easy E-3PO, U-3PO or TC-14 rerelease

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2006, 12:48 AM »
Okay, I'll play.

53 - Darth Maul - Sith Training  *Thppbbt!*
54 - Chewbacca - Clud City Escape  *Thppbbt!*
55 - Kit Fisto - Clone Wars  I've actually wanted the CW one, so I'll be getting this instead.
56 - Holographic Commander Cody  PASS
57 - Clonetrooper 442nd Siege Battalion  Green version of the Utapau clone? PASS
58 - R5-A1 - Imperial Astromech Droid  Looks great. I'll take it.
59 - Clonerooper 5th Fleet Security  These look cool. Might get a couple.
60 - Clonetrooper Sergeant  The helmet comes off? I'll take one.
61 - Super Battle Droid  These and the 2 BD look cool, but I'm trying to scale back my collecting to just stuff I really appreciate on its own, and not just neat stuff that fills out a scene. Seperatist army stuff is the first to go.
62 - Battle Droid 2pack
63 - Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi  "Hologram" figures stink.
64 - Clone Commander Appo  Hell yes! Need a commander for Vader's Jedi Killers, and a few more to relieve of their pauldrons. Finally a #41 tac ops!
65 - Kashyyk Scout Trooper  I'll take 2 or 3!
66 - Yareal Poof  Inever got the Jedi sets and I've wanted this guy. Looks like fun. 8)
67 - Darth Vader's R2 Droid  Whatever.
68 - Arena Padme PASS
69 - Clonetrooper (yellow markings)  PASS I'm choking to death on extraneous clones.
70 - Kitik Keed'kak  Already have her.
71 - Kabe and Nabrun Leids  Have Kabe and still really love Leids. I'll have to see just how good this upgrade is to decide if I want another one.
72 - Labria  Definitely want to replace the stupid caucasian one with a proper red one! ::) Even if it is a POTF sculpt....
73 - Aurra Sing - EU  PASS
74 - Maces R2 unit  I'll be passing on all of Mace's ****** purple junk, thank you very much.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 11:01 PM »
53 - Darth Maul - **** Training  - Turd
54 - Chewbacca - Cloud City Escape  - Turd
55 - Kit Fisto - Clone Wars  cool rerelease
56 - Holographic Commander Cody - Turd
57 - Clonetrooper 442nd Siege Battalion  Green version of the Utapau clone? cool repaint
58 - R5-A1 - Imperial Astromech Droid  cool repaint
59 - Clonerooper 5th Fleet Security zzzzz
60 - Clonetrooper Sergeant  zzzzz
61 - Super Battle Droid  cool repaint
62 - Battle Droid 2packcool repaint
63 - Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi  zzzzz
64 - Clone Commander Appo  zzzzz
65 - Kashyyk Scout Trooper  cool repaint
66 - Yareal Poof  b]cool rerelease[/b]
67 - Darth Vader's R2 Droid  cool repaint
68 - Arena Padme - Turd with too small of a head
69 - Clonetrooper (yellow markings)   zzzzz
70 - Kitik Keed'kak  zzzzz
71 - Kabe and Nabrun Leids  someone summed this up as if its before 2000 let it go!
72 - Labria  someone summed this up as: if its before 2000 let it go!
73 - Aurra Sing - cool repaint with a new head, gee thanks Hasblow!
74 - Maces R2 unit  cool repaint
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 11:04 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2006, 03:32 AM »
OK my turn to play the game...

Saga-053 Darth Maul (Sith Training)...  This POS is the easiest pass on the entire list I think.  He was a nice statue in 2002 to sit and collect dust on the shelf but in 2006 he's no better nor worse, and since I got him for $2.99 I believe, I'll gladly pass.  IIRC he's pretty easily found at the local Toy Show for about $2.  Yeah, bigtime pass.

Saga-054 Chewbacca (Cloud City)...  If it were the Early Bird Chewbacca, I'd be buying 2 anyway.  If it's the now outdated Chewie, it's an easy pass.

Saga-055 Kit Fisto...  I got one already so I'm not sure.  Part of me thinks I may want a 2nd one to use for customs but at $7 I'll likely pass on this one.

Saga-056 Holographic Commander Cody...  I'll pick him up.  By shots, he almost appeared as though he had new legs and a neutral stance, so if that's the case it's appreciated.  It looks like that anyway to me...  I like holo figures at times, but I hate when Hasbro goes nuts with them like last year.  They ultimately feel like you're paying a whole lot for a whole little, if that makes any sense.  I liked the CC shots of this one, but I'm really hoping those legs are nice and neutral and that's it.

Saga-057 Clone Trooper (442nd Siege Battalion)...  I like this figure myself.  I'm ok with the "Production" repaints of the Clones since it's kind of a concept type deal but they're incorporating it into the line and trying to makei t part of the story...  It may not be from the films but I enjoy stuff that could've been at other fronts or whatnot like this, and since they did pull from the early Clone Concepts I dig it a little more.

Saga-058 R5-A1 Imperial Astromech Droid...  Love it.  I hope they do more R5 repaints, namely the single R5 I want more than any other is Red Leader's which is a royal bitch to paint by hand.  Please make that droid and the Pilot too.

Saga-059 Clone Trooper (5th Fleet Security)...  See the above Clone Comments.  I'll army build him if they're available.

Saga-060 Clone Trooper Sergeant...  I could use more since there should be more Sarges than Commanders, Captains, and Lieutenant's.  I will pick up a number of these then, though I won't be going ape**** army building this figure like I would've a plain white CW Clone had they given us that.

Saga-061 Super Battle Droid...  I'm kind of ok with this figure.  I'm curious more about the plastic being used than the figure itself and I dig the camo repaint.  I could stand to see all green repaints as BD's appeared in green some comic art.

Saga-062 Battle Droid 2-Pack...  Same as above, I'm more concerned with the plastic quality as to whether I pick these up or not more than their deco...   :-\  If they're a good plastic though I'm in for army building this set.

Saga-063 Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi...  Like I said, too many holographic figures starts to annoy me.  You feel like you're getting a lot less toy for the money for some reason.  I also feel two holo's in a row is really annoying...  I'd have preferred both Holo figures were a Mustafar repaint of Pilot Obi and Evolutions Anakin.  Better toys to me than holographic figures.

Saga-064 Commander Appo...  I'll be army building galore. :)  I'm happy with the #6 sculpt 501st we got in the battlepack but this figure is fantastic.

Saga-065 BARC Trooper...  A figure of much debate.  I'm going to be picking him up because I actually don't mind it much despite sculpt inaccuracies.  It's better to me than the Gree figure last year that faced a similar situation (very inaccurate), but that's just my opinion.  I'll hope for a better SA Kashyyyk Trooper at some point though.

Saga-066 Yareal Poof...  I'd have to see what he actually comes with and how much of an improvement, but I've got like 3 of him already so this is a likely pass at this point.

Saga-067 Darth Vader’s Astromech Droid...  I love astromech repaints and I love the Jedi Fighter repaint for Vader too, so I'm all into this figure right now. 

Saga-068 Padme Amidala...  I've had this custom on my desk for a while so if Hasbro's going to do it for me then so be it. :)  I'll pick her up.  It'd be cool if they gave her a nice softgoods cloak but oh well.

Saga-069 Clone Trooper Engineer...  Same as other Clone repaints above.  I'll buy it.

Saga-070 Kitik Keedkak...  Depending on the paint quality, I may be picking her up because the 3-pack figure wasn't too accurate I believe. 

Saga-071 Nabrun Leeds and Kabe...  Paint again will be a big deciding factor for me as to whether I buy these or not...  I recall in 2004 vowing I wouldn't buy the Sandperson or Jawas...  I caved and bought them because of just a great paintjob.

What'll bug me is that Nabrun's outfit is so distinct, I kind of like displaying the repaints together as just buddies from the same species.  I'm not sure I'll want Nabrun because of that.

Saga-072 Labria...  The paintjob looked pretty sharp on this one, I may cave on him too.

Saga-073 Aurra Sing...  The figure's a must-buy because of the differences.

Saga-074 Mace Windu’s Astromech Droid...  Like the other astro repaints I love this figure without even seeing it.  Count me in.

And let me say that I agree that the fact Hasbro has an entire wave devoted to Wal-Mart is a huge faux pau on their part...  Even if the company pushes them through distribution well, I think it's sad that they did this...  Wal-Mart's support for the line is questionable to me, as is their distribution, but they do what they feel they have to I guess.

This just has disaster written all over it...  I mean, while I found the twins sets and all the figs they were packed in with, I read a whole lot of people did not find these easily and it seems like our area was just the exception and not the rule.

My bigger fear though, is that this happens more routinely in the line.  Not cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2006, 11:31 AM »
I'm genuinely surprised to see the lack of enthusiasm for the clone re-paints. I guess there is such a thing as too much. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2006, 12:50 PM »
And let me say that I agree that the fact Hasbro has an entire wave devoted to Wal-Mart is a huge faux pau on their part...  Even if the company pushes them through distribution well, I think it's sad that they did this...  Wal-Mart's support for the line is questionable to me, as is their distribution, but they do what they feel they have to I guess.

This just has disaster written all over it...  I mean, while I found the twins sets and all the figs they were packed in with, I read a whole lot of people did not find these easily and it seems like our area was just the exception and not the rule.

My bigger fear though, is that this happens more routinely in the line.  Not cool.

This is a great point Jesse.  I hope this isn't where things are headed.  I was able to find the twins sets as well, but just because I happened to be there in the morning picking up groceries/etc. anyways.  They disappeared within a day (or maybe two) and weren't ever seen again around here.  Hopefully these won't be impossible to find, and if I don't have luck I can at least get some of those Cantina aliens in their original incarnations via ebay or something.  I just hope we don't continue to see "exclusive waves" of figures.  Having a repainted or holo figure at TRU or Target is one thing, but when its part of the basic line, it becomes much more of a headache.  Plus, at least around here, Wal-Mart probably supports the Star Wars line the least - particularly the basic figures.  Aside from a glut of VTSC figures, and a handful of basic figures, there is nothing else relating to this line.  Just Transformers and Choppers, and a few Force Battlers.  To be honest, Target and TRU Star Wars sections are double to triple the size of Wal-Mart's.  I sometimes get the feeling that Wal-mart doesn't really want to carry the line, but its popularity and sell through (for the most part) keeps it there.  WM seems more interested in the "movie of the month" lines, and lots of Hot Wheels/Matchbox automobile stuff - or maybe that's just here.  I don't know if they'll ever get rid of all the Superman Returns stuff they have sitting there now - yikes.

Offline Word_Weaver

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama! (Woah, that's what I was gonna put!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2006, 03:19 PM »
I'm going to steal Jack's list with some Editing. Thanks!  ;)
53 - Darth Maul - Sith Training  - Turd
54 - Chewbacca - Cloud City Escape  - Turd
55 - Kit Fisto - Clone Wars  - Never have gotten a kit, but i'll grab the GB first
56 - Holographic Commander Cody - Yay gummies I can't eat! Woohoo!
57 - Clonetrooper 442nd Siege Battalion - I have to have a troop of a clone type. This one is dead. Know why? They don't have a commander, and I don't like them enough to get 10. No thank you.  :P
58 - R5-A1 - Imperial Astromech Droid  - Sweet! Never got the POTJ imperial droid, so i'll take this. $27 at a Train Show...tsch..
59 - Clonerooper 5th Fleet Security *see 442nd Siege Battalion*
60 - Clonetrooper Sergeant  -Custom Fodder. I am NOT starting an Ep 2 army, there just aren't enough out there.  :-\
61 - Super Battle Droid  cool repaint- Holy Freakin' Crap. Really. Vanilla pistachio swirl? Gimme a break, better yet, gimme a tan one!
62 - Battle Droid 2packcool repaint *See above*
63 - Holographic Obi-Wan Kenobi  -Yay, gummy figures! Can I eat it? No? Then forgettabout it.
64 - Clone Commander Appo - 501st commander, and he can have the pauldron taken off to serve as a SA 501st. I'm ALL over it.
65 - Kashyyk Scout Trooper - 10 Please, need something to follow Gree.
66 - Yareal Poof - Yay, a Pass. This species just doesn't do it for me, and the sculpt really helps a lot..  ::)
67 - Darth Vader's R2 Droid- I need more Astromechs, bring it on.
68 - Arena Padme - Turd! Bleh Sculpt, bleh, bleh, bleh..
69 - Clonetrooper (yellow markings)  *see 442ned Siege Battalion*
70 - Kitik Keed'kak - I like mantises, but not this one..
71 - Kabe and Nabrun Leids - Unlike the following one, I think these two have an okay sculpt. I'll pick it up, it's a two pack I haven't gotten before..
72 - Labria  someone summed this up as: if it (looks like it's) before 2000 let it go!
73 - Aurra Sing - Oh yay, weehoo! Pass, not into it at all..
74 - Maces R2 unit  - *See Vaders Droid*