Author Topic: TSC Prices - Price Hikes, Discounts, and Sales!  (Read 77119 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: TSC Prices - Price Hikes, Discounts, and Sales!
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 05:14 PM »
I don't know if this is old news or new news, and I didn't see anyone report this, but I went to my local Target yesterday, and the price of the Star Wars SAGA 2 figures to $5.89. I don't know if this is a nation-wide, or if this is permanent or temporary, but you may want to check your local Target if you want to pick up the repaint or pegwarmer you've been holding off on because of the $6.99 price point.

-Gregory

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

That's ******* awesome! I'm heading to Target right now to see if I can score some Geonosis goodness.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 07:22 PM »
does anybody know the return policy for target?  i kept a bunch of receipts for TSC stuff that i bought at $6.99, if i bring them the receipts will they give me the difference or do i have to actually bring in the product?  if i have to bring the figs that sucks as i'm an opener.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 08:15 PM »
does anybody know the return policy for target?  i kept a bunch of receipts for TSC stuff that i bought at $6.99, if i bring them the receipts will they give me the difference or do i have to actually bring in the product?  if i have to bring the figs that sucks as i'm an opener.

Often times they will not price adjust unless the item is actually on sale in the weekly ad.  I have had a few Targets that will do it, but most say no.  Best you can do is try your local Target and see.

Or, if you really need to save the cash and don't care about bad karma, just go into the Target store and buy a bunch of figures at the new price and then return them with the old reciepts.  You don't even have to leave the store, just head from the check-out right to the customer service desk.  I know folks have done that as the "loop-hole" to sale adjustments...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 09:25 PM »

Often times they will not price adjust unless the item is actually on sale in the weekly ad.  I have had a few Targets that will do it, but most say no.  Best you can do is try your local Target and see.

Or, if you really need to save the cash and don't care about bad karma, just go into the Target store and buy a bunch of figures at the new price and then return them with the old reciepts.  You don't even have to leave the store, just head from the check-out right to the customer service desk.  I know folks have done that as the "loop-hole" to sale adjustments...

Hey now!   ;)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2006, 07:36 PM »

I went to get my receipts price adjusted today and the lady wouldn't do the ones that were over 14 days old. Which is odd because I have gone to same one and had them do it before with no time restraints.  ???
I remember my dream now.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 11:57 PM »
My store has not reduced the price on basic figs.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2006, 10:24 AM »
I noticed our Target has lowered the basic price to $5.89 now.  That's a lot better than that $6.99 nonsense.  Unfortunately, not too much there.  There's been Derlin, Veers, and Rieekan clogging up the pegs for about a month now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 1, 2006, 09:36 AM »
It's funny that we all know the industry well enough that we knew Target would eventually lower the price.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #23 on: March 1, 2006, 08:35 PM »
My closest is down to the low, low price of $6.49. They're insane crazy about cutbacks! Somebody stop 'em!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: March 7, 2006, 04:28 PM »
Not a price cut, but a reversal.

I've received a few e-mails from JD readers saying that their local Wal-Mart has... raised the prices?  Reports are anywhere from $6.48 to $6.88 instead of the old $5.88 price. ???

That would actually be pretty funny.  Target sticks it out at $7 per figure for 2 months, finally lowers the price to $5.89 to compete with Wal-Mart and now Wal-Mart is going to go the other way and raise prices?   :P

Anyone noticed a price increase at their local Wal-Mart?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 7, 2006, 06:42 PM »
I have 4 WM's I frequent, price is 5.88$ ::)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 7, 2006, 06:58 PM »
Went to a Walmart here in SoCal (Pomona to be exact) and the price was 6.63.
I remember my dream now.

SilverZ

« Reply #27 on: March 7, 2006, 07:23 PM »
I picked up AT-AT Drivers at two different Walmarts in Central CA on Sunday evening at $5.88. And I still consider that pricey.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 7, 2006, 08:12 PM »
Wal-Mart still has $5.88 price tags, but never have any figures, so it would be pointless for them to raise prices around here.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline The Professor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Dioramas at The Jawa
« Reply #29 on: March 8, 2006, 09:05 PM »
Figures were still at $6.99 at my Target today.
"Go plug the professor into the back!"