Author Topic: TSC Prices - Price Hikes, Discounts, and Sales!  (Read 77121 times)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: TSC Prices - Price Hikes, Discounts, and Sales!
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2006, 11:59 AM »
Since before ROTS WMs around here have sucked.  I rarely goo there anymore because I know there is nothing there.  I have no idea why this is the case but TRU has been better.

Although I am going there today to check out the crack whores in the toy section, I miss those last time :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2006, 12:39 PM »
I disagree...I get about 90% of my SW goods from WM.

I've received maybe 10% (if that even) of my collection from MN Wal-Marts.  They just suck for SW hunting flat out - ask most of the MN crew.  Guess it all depends on what part of the country you live in.   :-\  Must be nice to have both a Target and a WM to look for new figs.

End

As a fellow 'Sotan, I agree with you. I don't think I've bought a figure from WM in ages. Usually at TRU or Targets... but then again, there's millions of Targets in Targetland and very few Wally Worlds actually within 15 miles of the Twin Cities.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2006, 08:28 PM »
Pegs read $6.64 tonight at a local MN Target. 1 entire cent more than Wal-Mart. Can't get any better/worse I suppose. Twas nice to have a price cut for at least a few weeks. WM still sucks monkey balls in my opinion.

Same here. My Targets are now selling basic figs for $6.63, the same price as Wal-Mart.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2006, 02:20 PM »
My store raised their price on basic figs to $6.64 (or something close to that) just the other day.  Figures, we had just gotten 3 cases in Wednesday (that crappy 2.5 case) and I could have gotten some figs cheaper.  I nearly picked up 2 more Utapau Clones, but passed.  I wish I'd grabbed them now.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2006, 03:47 PM »
Walmarts all around here are charging 6.63, Targets went from 6.99 to 5.89 straight back to 6.99 the minute walmart raised theirs.

One Target I went to charged 7.29  ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2006, 04:07 PM »
Since Wal-Mart is charging $6.63 now, I noticed that our local Target is back up to $6.64 now.  They were down around $5.89, after being at $6.99 for awhile, so I guess it is still a little lower.  For some reason that little difference makes buying extras (or even singles) a little more painful :).

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2006, 04:36 PM »
Shall I start a rumor?

Ok, " I hear from an undisclosed, inside source that a major retailer is getting ready to lower SW basic figures prices to $5.40 :o"

Oh Wait....I was supposed to post that 2 days from now :P :-X

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2006, 08:18 PM »
One local Target had been $6.99 while others were $5.89. Then the others upped thier (up their's is right) to match, then last night I dropped by that first one and they were lowered to $6.49.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: April 4, 2006, 12:49 AM »
Jon, I hope you're right...  Of course, around me the only retailer with anything is Target and they JUST put their prices up at almost all (only one is below $6 yet), so I'm not hopeful for my area.

WM would have to get figures first to actually have a price to fluctuate. :)  I'm in awe that almost all of you have WM's selling figures, and Pittsburgh WM's don't have pegs for them...  I'm dead serious.  I don't know what happened.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 4, 2006, 01:17 AM »
WM would have to get figures first to actually have a price to fluctuate. :)  I'm in awe that almost all of you have WM's selling figures, and Pittsburgh WM's don't have pegs for them...  I'm dead serious.  I don't know what happened.

Ahh, the days of shopping at WM and actually being able to find new SW figs.  I'd have to say for me, a freak encounter with the Hoth wave was the last that I found.  Prior to that was back when I found the E2 preview figs.

I hope that WM pulls a price cut, maybe that's what's been holding them off from putting new stock out?  At least here in the Twin Cities area.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 4, 2006, 05:09 AM »

From YodasNews, TRU will be having a Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale on all SW stuff from April 9 to 15th.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: April 4, 2006, 05:50 AM »
Worth picking up Hoth Customizing fodder...  Little else.

Oh, well maybe worth picking up VOTC Lando's too. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 4, 2006, 03:42 PM »
Target by me price cut back to $5.89 after raising them the week before to $6.64.   ???

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 4, 2006, 04:10 PM »
Well, the TRU sale might benefit us at the brick and mortar locations, but if you choose the online option, you'll still be paying $6 a figure even with the free figure factored in!

Jeez, $8.99 a figure....

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #74 on: April 6, 2006, 01:27 AM »
Targets around here have stuck with $5.89 for awhile while Wal-Mart has raised their prices to $6.63.
"This is the way."