Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 201619 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1395 on: August 7, 2008, 09:48 AM »
Brian,

Did you pass on the Ninja Ku?  I see him a bit more around here than the BAT and Snow Serp (which I've seen once at retail) but he is still hard to come by for some reason.

You know, honestly I forgot about that figure until I started opening these up last night - but no, that was the one (surprisingly) that they didn't have there.  I didn't necessarily want it anyways, so no big deal, but surprising that they had both the BAT and Snow Serpent there - but I don't remember seeing Ninja Ku.  Overall, I think this is a really well done wave though.  I especially like Barbecue and Bazooka, a couple of my favorites as a kid.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1396 on: August 7, 2008, 03:35 PM »
Quasimodo or Quick Kick? I hope the paint jobs are better at retail......

While I was never a big fan of this character this sculpt looks really good. (I just hope they don't paint the eyes like the Toxic Avenger on every figure.) The DVD packs rock!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1397 on: August 7, 2008, 03:52 PM »
Perhaps he's being produced at the Indy plant?  I heard that CC CC (get that) shares parts with the Indy figs and QK here seems to have the same drugged out eyes as Indy has.  I dig the "kung-fu chop hand"   :)

Got my package today at work from HTS.  I'm hoping I got a blue CC in there somewhere.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1398 on: August 7, 2008, 04:28 PM »
I got my first two CC and both were the Black version.....2 more chances at this lottery before I have to pull some strings to get the Blue one.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1399 on: August 7, 2008, 06:45 PM »
WTF?

I don't even know how they got him graded so quickly unless AFA has a booth at the convention.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1400 on: August 7, 2008, 07:31 PM »
Didn't HTS sell graded figures right at their booth?  I could be mistaken but I thought I read that in a report or saw a photo somewhere.  There's a lot of graded versions of that figure on eBay.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1401 on: August 8, 2008, 08:31 AM »
While I was never a big fan of this character this sculpt looks really good. (I just hope they don't paint the eyes like the Toxic Avenger on every figure.) The DVD packs rock!

Nail on the head, dude.  Toxie's gotten ripped, though.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1402 on: August 8, 2008, 09:56 AM »
Not exactly toys, but Joe related, but the preview shown at SDCC for the new (online) cartoon, G.I. Joe: Resolute has popped up on YouTube - for now, anyways.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1403 on: August 8, 2008, 11:43 AM »
WTF?

I don't even know how they got him graded so quickly unless AFA has a booth at the convention.

That's sick.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1404 on: August 8, 2008, 01:27 PM »

Is this the "internet only" wave?  If so - why?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1405 on: August 8, 2008, 07:38 PM »
I apparently missed out on the new comic packs yesterday by not being at Target at opening.   ::)  Doesn't appear that they had the black headed Destro in the store, however. 

Tonight Target had a re-stock on the DVD Battle Packs and the Hawk/Bazooka/etc wave (whatever number that is).

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1406 on: August 11, 2008, 12:42 AM »
Wow, Airborne looks spectacular in that pic.  Like JJ, he was my favorite as a kid (even though I don't remember much about his character from the comics and cartoon).  I'm so glad to see a re-done Zartan, and with his swamp bike no less, so I'm getting that one too (had the first one and sold him off because he just didn't look like I remembered him).
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1407 on: August 11, 2008, 02:33 AM »
I apparently missed out on the new comic packs yesterday by not being at Target at opening.   ::)  Doesn't appear that they had the black headed Destro in the store, however. 

Tonight Target had a re-stock on the DVD Battle Packs and the Hawk/Bazooka/etc wave (whatever number that is).

E...

I think I missed a lot of good stuff over the weekend because I took a break from toy hunting and slept in before working nights.  Now, when I go out this week there won't be much.  Hopefully, the Target Rattlers start showing up soon in the Target backrooms.  Can't wait for that plane.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1408 on: August 12, 2008, 01:40 PM »
Some guys over at Hisstank found the Rattler and Conquest over the past few days.  They are in Texas.  Nothing up here in the Minneapolis area yet but they'll probably hit the backrooms by the weekend.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1409 on: August 12, 2008, 01:56 PM »
Passed on the Destro/Grenadier Comic Pack wave today... and that was at $7.00 (one Walmart in my area has had the comic packs that price since they were released).