Author Topic: 2024 TVC Deluxe AOTC Jango Fett  (Read 787 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2024 TVC Deluxe AOTC Jango Fett
« on: December 12, 2023, 11:55 AM »
STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION JANGO FETT
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $24.99 / Available: Summer 2024)

In the Republic’s final years, proficient marksman Jango Fett was considered the best bounty hunter in the galaxy. He donned a sleek armored suit that concealed his scarred face. Fans can celebrate the legacy of STAR WARS, the action-and-adventure-packed space saga from a galaxy far, far away, with this premium 3.75-inch scale STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION JANGO FETT figure inspired by the STAR WARS: ATTACK OF THE CLONES. This figure feature premium detail and design across product and packaging inspired by the original Kenner line, as well as the entertainment-inspired collector grade deco. Includes figure and 7 entertainment-inspired accessories including his signature jetpack and two blasters with fire FX.

Available for pre-order 12/13 at 1pm ET at Hasbro Pulse, BigBadToyStore, Entertainment Earth and additional fan channel retailers.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 12:29 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 TVC Deluxe AOTC Jango Fett
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 12:11 PM »
I don't need more Jango Fett's I see at least 13 on my shelves) but it certainly looks nice.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 12:13 PM by Rob »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2023, 12:26 PM »
I don't need more Jango Fett's

For $28, we should be getting BOTH jetpacks and the pilot headset to make this an ultimate Jango.

Instead, we'll get this for $28 and then at least one other $17 TVC carded Kamino Jango with the other jetpack along with however other many repaints they find a way to do.   :-\

(edit: the press release says $25 but I'm still assuming these will turn up at $28 until I see otherwise...)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 12:29 PM by Jeff »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2023, 12:36 PM »
I'm severely tempted to just wait and get one for $13 when they invariably go on sale.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2023, 12:38 PM »
I'm taking Hasbro at their word for the $24.99 price.  Because if you've been in a Target store lately, you've got to see all of those $28 deluxe figures lingering.  Hasbro pushed pricing too far, and I think they've come to recognize that.

I like the figure.  I'm on the fence about the headsculpt.  My one criticism here?  At the deluxe price point Hasbro should have included both the Kamino and Geonosis jetpacks.  But I only see the one from Geonosis here.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2023, 04:20 PM »
I'm taking Hasbro at their word for the $24.99 price.  Because if you've been in a Target store lately, you've got to see all of those $28 deluxe figures lingering.  Hasbro pushed pricing too far, and I think they've come to recognize that.

No doubt about it.  No one is buying Paz Vizla for $33.48.

My question though, is what is Deluxe about this Jango Fett?  That is 100% a basic figure IMO.  Over the last year or two, Hasbro raced right pass inflation into price gouging.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 04:21 PM by Rob »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2023, 04:32 PM »
My question though, is what is Deluxe about this Jango Fett?  That is 100% a basic figure IMO.  Over the last year or two, Hasbro raced right pass inflation into price gouging.

The packaging and the price.   ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 06:09 PM by Dave »

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2023, 11:41 AM »

No doubt about it.  No one is buying Paz Vizla for $33.48.

Don't you know, Rob?  It's paint apps!!!  ::)

I think it's ridiculous, too.  It's like the Boba Fett tax all over again.  But this time it's anyone NAMED Fett.

I think the real culprit here is that volume sales are down, and costs are up for manufacturing in China.  That's the end result of the growth of the Chinese economy and its labor market - increased labor costs, and the "global supply chain" issues.  Plus, those license royalties have got to get paid somehow.  So who's going to do it?  Us, of course.  And Hasbro is all too happy to give us that "gift".
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2023, 12:12 PM »
I get it that costs are going up and Hasbro is trying to manage sales, profit, etc.  I just don't like this offering and how disingenuous it seems.  Deluxe should mean deluxe - more accessories, bigger figure, etc.

If they need more money and just need to raise price (like it seems they're doing here), they should just raise the price of all TVC figures and not pretend like this is deluxe and we should pay more for it when its not actually deluxe.

It reminds me of Tommy Boy - "if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it deluxe I will, I've got spare time".

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2023, 12:58 PM »
Overall he looks great. Its a little hard to tell if that is a removable helmet or a swappable head. In those pics, the bucket looks to be about the right size and looks much better than the Axe Woves.

Echoing the 'Deluxe' vs. 'Basic' & concerns, nothing about this feels "Deluxe" though. At least the price has dropped to $24.99 but that still feels overpriced for what we are actually getting here. I do wonder if Jango originally had more accessories planned (second jetpack, poncho, pilot headgear, poison darts, etc.) that were cut to save on cost? As is, we are basically getting one newly tooled (maybe?) wrist flame effect & two repacked jetpack flame effects for an extra $8.00-$13.00. I'd much rather have just skipped the effects and taken him on basic card. I might have bought 2-3 Jangos to replace him in some displays, but not for that price. I guess I'll wait for the inevitable clearance on these guys to pick up any extras.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 01:01 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2023, 01:05 PM »
EE link -> https://ee.toys/XG0Z8G

#sponsoredcontent

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2023, 11:57 AM »
Huh.  Yesterday came and went and I didn't end up pre-ordering Jango.  Part of it was waiting to see if Amazon would list him (so I could use points), but part of it is just being tired pre-ordering these DLX figures and seeing them hit 30-45% off eventually.

I guess I decided I'm cool waiting this one out.  And also waiting to see what sort of double-dipping they are planning (Kamino backpack version, poncho version, pilot version, etc).

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2023, 12:05 PM »
I did the same Jeff. 

I really don't feel this is different or interesting enough to pursue right now.  I'll likely pick this up on discount if its available or if I'm tempted if I see it in the store, but I too am passing on a pre-order.  If I never get it I don't think I'll be too bothered by it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2023, 03:54 PM »
I’m kind of in the same boat. With “extra spending” tighter around Christmas anyways, I’ve been holding off on things more as well. Like I want the TVC Krrsantan, and will get him eventually, but our Target got eight of them in roughly a month plus ago, and seven of them are still there. Same with the Luke/Grogu, Tusken, and Sabine. Honestly, I haven’t seen new stuff sit around like this for a long time, at least not to this level. It used to be if you saw something you better buy it because you might not see it again. This makes me think people have finally hit the breaking point with prices, and if it continues, changes might have to happen with the line(s). Figures still look great, but paying $25-30 for that little figure stings a bit.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2023, 11:46 PM »
I don’t preorder much more than one of anything anymore… not the same cut back but on the deluxes it’s a def wise move at this point.  Star Wars has a wall apparently and it’s under $25
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77