Author Topic: Rise of the Empire carries on!  (Read 39729 times)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Re: Outrider's Customs
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2006, 04:08 PM »
Is that emphasis? Or did you think someone was talking about you again? Cuz I wasn't refering to you, HunterofThePegs. Gregorbian nailed it.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 04:10 PM by PenDragon »

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2006, 04:17 PM »
I don't think anyone was talking about HotP at all in the last 6 or so posts.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2006, 04:36 PM »
Anyways... I'd like to compliment you again on the great customs.  A lot of the inspiration behind the look and ideals of the Imperials was ispired by the Nazis.   Obviously most if not all of us disagree with their philosphy but understand that there is symbolism in SW that Lucas used when creating the idea of the Empire.

:)

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2006, 12:08 AM »
pm sent and I hope that you make many more figures in this style, like the imperial uniforms in the OT were not directly inspired by nazi uniforms! outrider make all the customs you want to make in the style you want to make them, you are talented and insperational. I like your customs, nice to see something other then clones for like the past year ( I am not taking a shot at clone customs either as I like them "a lot" and have made many myself)

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2006, 12:24 AM »
Thanks to all.  I'm so sorry about causing such a disturbing controversy.  For the record even the thought of Nazis creeps me out.  Thanks for all of the compliments and I will continue in this style for sure.  I hope that you enjoy my future customs :D  I have yet another arm banded Imperial in the works.  Uh-Oh!

Signed ,

The Nazi hating, no offense intended, new to this site and enjoying it immensely, Rise of the Empire inspired member,
Outrider ;D
NOTE TO HASBRO,
SA JANGO would sell quite well!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2006, 08:07 AM »
Can't wait to see your new Imp., man. Is is Thrawn, or another one?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2006, 10:20 PM »

First up is Imperial trooper. 

Gotta Get the recipe for this one....Or I would be willing to pay for a commission piece...Are the legs articulated?

Also, as far as the NSDAP goes, while the Germans lost the war, morally, stategically, ethically, spiritually and economically...they did win the Fashion war.....anybody who can have 5 different uniforms (basic tunic only) in a period of a 4 year war..you know looking good was more important than winning. 

I always saw the Luke and Leia in Poncho as more of a Luke and Leia in Type II Oak B smock....but that is just me.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2006, 03:24 PM »
HOTP Hes refering to emails that Outrider has gotten from people bashing his work and calling him a NEO-Nazi.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. PEople fear what they don't understand. And, they are always going to assume the worst, and will only see the things that they want to. Just ignore them and keep doing what youre doing. You've done a great job on these customs.

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
Re: Outrider's Customs UPDATE
« Reply #38 on: June 2, 2006, 12:36 AM »
bump for update
new pics found atthe beginning of thread
« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 12:36 AM by Outrider »
NOTE TO HASBRO,

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 2, 2006, 01:34 AM »
RC rock. I might have to steal some of the colors and ideas for my teams. Great job on them. Thanks for sharing all your customs despite what others think. The way I view Nazism is censorship in any form, so keep up your awesome work.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 2, 2006, 09:45 AM »
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Hey! I resemble that remark!  :P  ;D

There is some great paint jobs on the customs in this thread. The grey republic commando with the strip is great. Very clean and straight stripping. Very good use of the imperial body with these guys. I really like the camo paint job on the stromtrooper. Good stuff all around.

Its funny every time I read the title of thread I expect to see a custom painted Outrider. You need to do one.

« Last Edit: June 2, 2006, 09:46 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 2, 2006, 09:45 AM »
Wowsa, thats a lot of commando's.  They look really good.  I'm curious on the helmets if they are modified (Glassman style) or just dremmel out?   I like the stripe paint schemes.  I also really liked the one backpack with the blaster rifle stuck in it.

For what its worth, I'd rather have the new photos added with the new entry on the thread instead of clicking back to page one.  However, thats really just a personal preference.

Keep 'em coming!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 2, 2006, 09:51 AM »
Great job on everything, but those Imperials are just excellent. I wish Hasbro wold make 'em so good.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Outrider

• Jedi Initiate
  • IMPS RULE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 2, 2006, 02:54 PM »
Thanks so much for looking.  I agree so from now on I'll post updates in the most recent page and not all the way to the beginning. 

Regarding the Commando helmets, they're right from the package dremeled out helmets.  The work great for me but I have seen some of those awesome glassman casts.  These are just hollow repaints
NOTE TO HASBRO,

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 3, 2006, 07:40 AM »
Wow...just wow. Outrider, I wish I had 1/10th of your skills when it comes to straps, holsters, weapons, and packs. The one with the DC-15 tucked in there has to be the most interesting and creative backpack I've seen in a while.

I can't wait to see all these finished, and when you do, can you put them on this page, so everyone can view them better?

It seems that we both enjoy customs in drab colors...they really capture the military of the Republic.

Keep up the awesome, awesome work.