Author Topic: Jeff For Fan Club President!  (Read 127324 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Jeff For Fan Club President!
« Reply #270 on: May 15, 2006, 03:32 PM »
Not to spread rumors or anything, but I also heard he's Pro-JediDefender.

****** up, I know.

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 15, 2006, 04:16 PM »
USCWannabe?  He also liked Howard the Duck.  And, I've heard he not only can't cite every occurance of 1138 in the saga, but he actually thought the number of the trash compactor in Star Wars was 3273826.  ::)

True fan my ass.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 15, 2006, 04:21 PM »
It's hilarious how Dave and the crew over at RS are busting USC's balls for getting the date wrong on TPM, claiming he's not a real fan.

In my eyes he's more derserving than any of the yahoos over there.   He's passionate enough about SW to get 220 people to sign up for a ****** subscription service without shameless plugs and $40 giveaways....

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #273 on: May 15, 2006, 09:01 PM »
Latest results!

1.  uscwannabe                     227
2.  dustin@rebelscum.com   173

54 down, t-minus four hours and counting.

Dustin's mounting a comeback, but will it be enough?

Are 55 of Philip Wise's closest friends about to receive free Star Wars Hyperspace memberships?

Tune in tomorrow for the exciting conclusion!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #274 on: May 16, 2006, 12:07 AM »
Oh, crucnh time...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #275 on: May 16, 2006, 01:18 AM »
I believe I mistakenly posted my thoughts on this issue in the wrong thread a couple days ago, so allow me to regurgitate 'em over here so I can attempt to refute Mr. Myatt's asinine suggestion that they apparently now have two Gods over at RS: Greg(g), and Dustin now too...

I can't believe they are going so far as sending Dustin down here to Dallas this weekend to sell subscriptions at Phillip's convention!

Late reply here, I know, but I haven't made a peep in this thread throughout it's duration, despite my thorough detesting of Dustin (and Phillip).  Please forgive any redundancy by me in here as well, as I haven't really followed this thread in ages, and am replying without catching up on most of the responses herein...  Anyway, what's ludicrous about Phillip bringing Dustin all the way down to Dallas to work that show and to try to bribe people with those free $30 posters for a crappy Hyperspace membership, is that this whole thing is SUPPOSEDLY just to win a free trip to San Diego Comic Con.  Completely ridiculous, considering Dustin could very well be working for Official Pix at SDCC anyway, if he'd like to (on Phillip's dime too, probably).  Chauffering Dustin all the way down to Dallas really helps illustrate how incredibly desperate Phillip is to land the Fan Club President title for his websites.  Kinda makes you wonder what evil plans Phillip actually has brewing if he (via Dustin) actually manages to win this thing.  But remember, they're just doing this for "FUN", right?  Phhhttht.  Anyone who actually believes that bull**** that Phillip and Dustin are spewing would have to be the biggest idiot on the planet.  You can damn well bet that Phillip wants that Fan Club President title attached to his website(s) more than anything in the world right now, and all the hours they're pouring into scouring the internet for referrals and advertising partners (why haven't they contacted us yet?), and the fact that he and Dustin have turned RS into nothing more than a giant campaign tool, really shows it.  I'm sure Dustin's over-inflated ego wouldn't mind the (supposedly ceremonial) title either.  Not about the "fun" at all, that's for damned sure.  Greed, power and ego, more like.

I swear to God, it won't surprise me in the slightest little bit to see Phillip buy some 80+ subscriptions in the next day or two to miraculously pull the victory off.  He's probably got a long list of recipients all ready to go, and is just waiting 'til the last minute to see how many he actually needs to purchase to buy off the Fan Club President title for his sites (note, not for Dustin).

Besides, who would want some prick like Dustin running the Star Wars Fan Club who would wind up banning any and all members who may also be interested in Star Trek or Battlestar Galactica (for example), or worse yet, if they're actually members of their Fan Clubs too?!  Pretty sure any support of, or participation in, any competing Sci-Fi franchises would be immediate grounds for a permanent banning of any such people from the Star Wars Fan Club, if Dustin was running the thing.  Yeah, that's exactly the kind of person we want in charge of our favorite hobby, no doubt.  If they do manage to pull buy off the miracle, I'd fully expect everyone here at JD (and maybe even GH) to suddenly, mysteriously, start having all kinds of problems with their Hyperspace/Insider subscriptions, and maybe even their SWS.com orders...  ::)

Phillip and Dustin are just way too greedy, petty, power-hungry, unprofessional, insecure, deceitful, authoritative, disrespectful, and "un-fanlike" to warrant them any involvement with the Fan Club in any official capacity whatsoever.  It's disgusting enough to see what a big (and growing) piece of the Star Wars pie Phillip is constantly getting his greedy grubby mitts into.  Even if he doesn't buy the Fan Club Presidency off this time, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it somehow fall under his control someday.  I absolutely dread the thought.

It would have been nicer if Dustin had come in and addressed his old E-mail instead of the OSWCC Public Relations Officer...

Actually, when Dustin started summarily and inexplicably banning any JD affiliated people from the 'Scum boards (staff and forum members alike), he specifically stated to me that he has NEVER, EVER clicked onto the JediDefender website - be it our news page, forums, or anything else, and never will.  So I'm quite sure he's not enjoying reading this thread, and not getting upset by the comments herein, and not sending people to respond in here on his behalf.  Just like when Greg(g) didn't get upset when Scot(t) outted his goofy ass picture and high-school (not "30-something") identity in here...  :P

Oddly enough, I was banned from Rebelscum about a minute and a half after my "Dustin is nothing more than Phillip Wise's Rick McCallum" comment over here about a year ago.  Yeah, I'm sure Dustin didn't read that either, and that the timing of my banning was pure coincidence.  Heh.

In closing, I'd just like to say:  Go uscwannabe!  Whoever you are, you couldn't possibly be a less worthy candidate for the Fan Club President than Phillip Dustin.  But hurry up everyone and get your subscriptions in for Phillip/Dustin's main competition, 'cause so far, I'd have to say I'm completely disappointed in your totally underwhelming support for him so far...  :-X

- Matt

This is BS. How can a guy who ... b) admits to not being involved in his local fan community and c) is a complete unknown ... and the guy with the shady background who has publicly told the community to "go ____ itself", proven to be a homophobe, and has riddled his public statements with pro-pot smoking references, possibly have 227 votes...?

****.  Are you telling me that we've all sent in our subrscription renewals for Katmandu/Mister Kenobi?!?   :o

I've gotta say, it's absolutely priceless seeing Myatt whine like a scorned little girl over this, as I'm sure Phillip and Dustin are both doing behind the scenes as well.  The three of them don't deserve ****, and if they think Dustin is the right person to (fairly) run the Fan Club, then they've been smoking more dope than uscwannabe and Mister Kenobi combined!

Are 55 of Philip Wise's closest friends about to receive free Star Wars Hyperspace memberships?

No doubt in my mind.  They're even setting up their excuse already:  Hey, uscwannabe MUST be buying votes (how else could he possibly be beating our beloved Dustin), so we're going to play the same game.  I'd bet my collection on it that Phillip, Dustin, and Myatt are all sending in subscription, after subscription, after subscription, as we speak...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 01:23 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #276 on: May 16, 2006, 01:56 AM »
That'll be the icing on the cake, and thank god that Virex quoted Myatt's post in here before it could magically disappear at RS if they do attempt the buy-out move... 

If they do, I'd be ashamed to show my face as a member of the staff if I'd taken a healthy **** on that move like Myatt did...  And if they miraculously come up with 55 votes here at the final moments, does anyone really think they'll all be valid?  Hell no...  But they'll make the argument I'd wager.  I could easily see them trying to buy it.  If you ask me, giving away $40 in merchandise is the same thing...  In accounting/economic terms, the $40 give-away **** at Dallas was no better than buying them yourselves...  You pulled the same punch just with a twist.  You gave up your own asset for the vote instead of outright liquidating $40 in merchandise and buying it.  The difference is absolutely nothing...  You bought a vote by baiting a vote...  Same thing.

It's why you're not allowed to stand outside polling stations offering free hoagies for a vote...  To look at it any other way is hypocritical of Dave... 

I don't know Dave/Dustin all that well to comment on them as people so I won't call their character into judgment.  What I do know about them is how they put themselves out in public in the greater SW community...  What I see out of Dustin is a lot of condescending attitude towards people on his forum.  Hell I was told at the time about how the mass bannings were going down over there, and how it was a big free-for-all against people for having a simple JediDefender.com link in their signature...  no investigation into the matter, just "ban 'em" on the word of GNT and some others without so much as a look to see if who they were banning deserved it at the time...

I've seen less from Dave overall but he's hardly coming up rosey after his tantrum post Virex quoted.  Throwing a fit over this just is sad after there was so much rampant insistance this was all just for fun and to have a good time with a little contest...  Now it's important?  And to denounce someone for "buying" votes when Rebelscum themselves have essentially bought votes by giving away $40 in merchandise for a vote is simply a hypocritical point of view...  Whether you hand over the $40 or give a $40 autograph so they blow the cash on the membership is irrelevant.  It's the same thing; buying of votes.

This whole thing just shows some really ugly sides of people to me. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #277 on: May 16, 2006, 09:11 AM »
It's all for fun, guys.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #278 on: May 16, 2006, 09:25 AM »
Brad's right.  The only people taking this seriously are you guys.  Everybody else is having fun with it.  Even that big ol' rant that Dave put up the other day--that was all in fun, too.  You guys are just so hellbent on nitpicking every little thing coming out of the Rebelscum camp that you just couldn't see it for the big joke it was.  If you knew the guys at Rebelscum, you'd know that they don't even care if Dustin won or not.  If anything, they're glad he's losing, because this just means they'll have plenty of time to plan for all the fun that we're all gonna have next year when the next president needs to be elected.  Can you guys imagine?  Probably not, because you're all just a bunch of mean-spirited fun-haters.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 16, 2006, 10:17 AM »
So what was the final results? I can't find it on the offical site. I assume Roberts didn't win since there isn't any fireworks or big messages over at RS.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 16, 2006, 10:41 AM »
There still reviewing the hanging chads..... ::)
Beth

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #281 on: May 16, 2006, 10:43 AM »
Editor's Note: The contest is closed as of 11:59 p.m. Pacific time, May 15, 2006. The referrals are being verified and tallied. Stay tuned to starwars.com for official final results.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #282 on: May 16, 2006, 10:49 AM »
Oh man, I hope I can hold on to fourth place...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline mousedroid

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 16, 2006, 11:34 AM »
In case the following quote gets deleted from Dustin's thread, which I'm not paranoid enough to believe it will:
Quote from: mousedroid
You know what I wonder?  If the whole title of "Fan Club President" wasn't part of this contest, if the prize was simply a free trip to SDCC and a bag of SW tchotchkes, would USC or Dustin have tried so hard to win?  Everyone talks about USC's diabolical agenda, but I find it hard to believe Dustin would have flown all the way to Dallas to sell subscriptions just for a free trip to San Diego and a handful of collectibles.  He probably would have put the money spent on that trip towards his trip to San Diego.

Obviously, despite the "honorary" status of the title, it brings with it at least a bit of an ego boost for the winner, which is fine and that's probably at least part of the reason this race was run so hard.  However, let's be honest, if Dustin wins this thing (and I'm not yet convinced he has lost given the Hyperwaste recruiter's website says: "As indicated, these referrals have not been verified and do not include all referral sources. These standings are not final."), we are going to see  "Rebelscum.com, Home of the Star Wars Fan Club President!" splashed all over the place.  And I'd be willing to bet RS will be mentioned prominently in every article or speech Dustin gives.  That's fine, just don't kid yourself that Dustin and Phillip didn't have an agenda of their own that goes beyond some prizes and and a phoney title.  USC wants to use the position to make industry contacts and/or further his influence?  And Dustin and Phillip don't?  Please.   ::)

Lastly, I find the attitudes of the staff here really interesting.  Members complain that they are sick of seeing the campaign ads all over the front page and the retort from the staff is, "If you don't like it, you don't have to come here."  Nice attitude; glad to see customer service is alive at well at RS.  Sure, some of the members didn't voice their opinions very tactfully, but what do you expect when they've been conditioned by the tactless responses they've received in the past?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 16, 2006, 01:45 PM »
You know, RS to me, is like the K-Mart / Sears of the eighties.  On top of the world with not a single care that someone might jump in and take their #1 spot.

Look where they ended up...