Author Topic: NHL 2005-06  (Read 87881 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2005-2006 Thread
« Reply #480 on: May 15, 2006, 11:47 PM »
Sabres won't win, someone will kick the puck in the net in OT of game 6 or something totally unrealistic like that.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #481 on: May 16, 2006, 12:13 AM »
I loathe Carolina so I can't root for them, but Buffalo's hardly on my hot list...  The east sucks puck this year to me.  I was all for Jersey but man they looked like ****.

The booing at San Jose has me rooting for the Oilers now too...  Screw the sharks fans if that's what is there.  Though I do hope it was a vast, loud, minority that were booing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 16, 2006, 12:20 AM »
I really hate to see what will happen here Wednesday during the US anthem.  :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 16, 2006, 12:37 AM »
I really hate to see what will happen here Wednesday during the US anthem.  :-\

I hope they will show what it means to have class and NOT boo.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #484 on: May 16, 2006, 12:42 AM »
It'll be interesting to hear actually...  I know I've heard some Canadians boo the US Anthem at games before, and I've heard the same in reverse...  I don't think it's anything more than some classless bad judgment in San Jose by overzealous fans...  And again I hope they were the minority.

Still I'm rooting for Edmonton on this one...  I was anyway, but this whole thing didn't endear me to San Jose.

Edited to fix my spelling for the whiney Canuckleheads.  :P
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 03:26 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 16, 2006, 12:54 AM »
And again I hope they were the minority.

Yeah, based on that article, it sounds like it was a minority booing.  Unfortunately, they were a loud minority, so they were still heard.  I imagine a lot of people in San Jose are ashamed of those that did it.  Like I said, the temptation would be so strong to boo back when they visit Edmonton, but it would be nice to see Oilers fans be above that.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 16, 2006, 01:16 AM »
This is what really gets me, sure this happens in other cities in the past & will still go on in the future. Remember  the Vancouver riot back in 1994.  :-\

Stabbings, beatings mar celebration

Check out the pics, keep me employed ya bastards!

Round 2: Violence on Whyte

Check out the clip of the celebration on Whyte ave after beating Detroit in game 6.

Edmonton Oilers 2006 Playoff Whyte Ave Party

Sure have fun & enjoy the win but do you have to destroy property & act like baboons!  >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #487 on: May 16, 2006, 03:34 AM »
Did anyone let your city know they didn't win yet? :)

That's how it went here when the Pens were winning playoff series, though the way the arena's set up it didn't affect anything dramatically and I don't recall damage happening even the nights we won cups...  It probably helped not having the championships in Pittsburgh.

For the Steelers...  Not much problem either ironically.  There was a tally of arrests on the news, and really there weren't many, the only place any fires erupted were out in Oakland where the colleges (Pitt, CMU, etc.) are and it was the usual lighting of the couch on the lawn more than anything else...  No cars or anything.

The big party spots of the city were packed with people but arrests were amazingly relatively small and for petty stuff, and the tally said 80% of arrests were people from out of town in for the festivities rather than actual residents of the city...  It went smoothly.  It was a mad house, but a smooth one I guess.  I think there was probably more shenanigans during the Pens winning playoff years actually...  My favorite night was Game 1 of the Bruins series in 1992 that Jagr won in overtime.  That was the nuttiest celebration for sports I've ever been in the midst of...  It was really great and I even remember being stuck in traffic on the way out with Jagr right beside me.  To a kid that was a great night. :)

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 16, 2006, 09:36 AM »
I imagine a lot of people in San Jose are ashamed of those that did it.

yup.  :(

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 16, 2006, 01:25 PM »
Yeah I'm pissed that some classless idiots did that too >:(. I am a Shark fan forever. I can say though that I'm not so shallow that ..had I not been a shark fan...When I recognized a few fans doing this watching the game, I certainly wouldn't chastise the team or hate them for what few fans done. Seriously? what did the sharks players do? So, hate the team now because a few fans suck?

Edmonton looks lined up to win this series. They seem to have more will at this point to do so. If this is the case than the better team won then. However, I will keep rooting for the Sharks. They had a good comeback year especially after the first few months the way they started :(.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 16, 2006, 02:24 PM »
Winnipeg fans may have the tops in classlessness though.  In the very last game of NHL hockey played in the Winnipeg Arena, the Detroit Red Wings defeated the Winnipeg Jets in the sixth game of the opening round series.  Some classy fans decided to heap derision upon the departing Wings players.  And by derision I mean pouring beer  and throwing bottles (where those came from I have no idea as beer was only sold in plastic cups) at them as they left the ice.  A great way to show that Bettman had indeed made the correct choice in pulling the team from Winnipeg ::) 

Again, a minority, but the representatives of that time and a lasting memory. 

I have also been to a game at the Montreal Forum where a bunch of Quebecois would not stand for either of the anthems playing.  Go on, leave Canada, see how the US welcomes you with open arms you lazy *******. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 16, 2006, 02:34 PM »
Beer throwing? LOL- I saw that at a meaningless late season Oakland raiders football game a few years ago. The Jaguars TE caught a TD in the corner of the end zone as momentum carried him out of the end zone towards the stands,  I could see several (I mean like 20-30) fans throw beer cups(full of beer-whatta waste), spit and yelling obscenities at the player-who then took a look back then ran to his sideline.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 16, 2006, 11:02 PM »
Sharks not impressed

Shame on booing fans

If there is booing tomorrow night, those are not fans but pain ******* idiots.  >:(

I have an American & Canadian background & I know the US anthem off by heart, as for the Canadian anthem... I can't even remember all the words & that's pretty sad.  :-[

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 17, 2006, 12:50 PM »
Hell even I know the Canadian national anthem.  I watch too much hockey.   ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #494 on: May 17, 2006, 01:51 PM »
I love having three Canuckian temas in our division, because we get O Canada at a fair number of home games. 

I think there should be a law that if you're going to be a hockey fan, the least you can do is learn the Canadian national anthem.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender