Author Topic: 2023 TVC Wave 3 (New TVC Wave 29)  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 TVC Wave 3 (New TVC Wave 29)
« Reply #30 on: February 7, 2023, 08:40 AM »
We’re probably also finally going to get a Rogue One, Cassian Andor in imperial uniform disguise figure too. 

This is definitely because I made a custom one a few months ago.

Probably.  And it seems like Hasbro really nailed Diego Luna's likeness for the new version of Cassian.  Hopefully any future ROGUE ONE versions will be on par with the ANDOR version.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: April 7, 2023, 12:01 AM »
Not sure if it was an oopsie or if they meant to do it, but EE is now taking pre-orders for Hunter, Piett, and Starkiller.

NOTE: The listing says Jerjerrod, but the pics are Piett so not sure who this will actually be...

Jerjerrod/Piett -> https://ee.toys/44SYIA
Hunter -> https://ee.toys/9PCV3R
Starkiller -> https://ee.toys/3PCKCS

#ad #sponsored

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2023, 10:21 AM »
I got my case of this wave last week, and I finally got around to opening it up.  Overall I think it's a great wave.  But having 6 characters in an 8 figure case is just killing me.  Since I got back into collecting both carded and loose figures I am looking for a minimum of 2 of each figure.  And this case mix presents 4 x characters who are all single packed.  Thankfully one of those is a carryforward in Cal Kestis.  But Piett and the Clone Trooper?  Come on!  And I was not going to order 2 of these cases in order to make good on that.

I see that EE is now offering single figures of Admiral Piett.  But I can't find him listed at either Hasbro Pulse or Amazon, and I will not pay EE's ridiculous shipping fees.  I'm hoping that other retailers are going to have this wave soon so that it's possible to pick up some single figures.

So far I've only opened up Cassian (Aldhani) and Hunter.  They're both solid offerings.  Hunter comes across as a little bit stylized, but it works.  And I fully expect a Clone Commando figure to be based on this buck in the not so distant future.

Cassian is reasonably well done.  The issue with the boots is annoying.  But the easy thing that Hasbro could have done with this figure that they didn't?  The should have included the E10 blaster rifle.  The tooling exists, and this accessory really should have been included with Cassian.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 10:34 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2023, 11:00 AM »
I got my case of this wave last week, and I finally got around to opening it up.  Overall I think it's a great wave.  But having 6 characters in an 8 figure case is just killing me.  Since I got back into collecting both carded and loose figures I am looking for a minimum of 2 of each figure.  And this case mix presents 4 x characters who are all single packed.  Thankfully one of those is a carryforward in Cal Kestis.  But Piett and the Clone Trooper?  Come on!  And I was not going to order 2 of these cases in order to make good on that.

I see that EE is now offering single figures of Admiral Piett.  But I can't find him listed at either Hasbro Pulse or Amazon, and I will not pay EE's ridiculous shipping fees.  I'm hoping that other retailers are going to have this wave soon so that it's possible to pick up some single figures.

So far I've only opened up Cassian (Aldhani) and Hunter.  They're both solid offerings.  Hunter comes across as a little bit stylized, but it works.  And I fully expect a Clone Commando figure to be based on this buck in the not so distant future.

Cassian is reasonably well done.  The issue with the boots is annoying.  But the easy thing that Hasbro could have done with this figure that they didn't?  The should have included the E10 blaster rifle.  The tooling exists, and this accessory really should have been included with Cassian.

EE has a free shipping code for orders over $35, and you can find that right in the masthead. I ordered a couple Piett figures and used TVC Stormtroopers to get it over the line for free shipping. Win win.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2023, 11:16 AM »
EE has a free shipping code for orders over $35, and you can find that right in the masthead. I ordered a couple Piett figures and used TVC Stormtroopers to get it over the line for free shipping. Win win.

I just see the FreeShip59 code on the masthead.  Weird.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2023, 12:20 PM »
I preordered this case when it first came out and I'm still waiting.  So weird.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2023, 02:59 PM »

I just see the FreeShip59 code on the masthead.  Weird.

Oh sorry,  I guess it is $59, not $35. Still, the Stormtroopers are still a good way of pushing the order into free shipping territory.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: May 1, 2023, 10:43 AM »
Piett -> https://ee.toys/44SYIA
Hunter -> https://ee.toys/9PCV3R
Starkiller -> https://ee.toys/3PCKCS

#ad #sponsored

I missed it but I guess over the weekend, TVC Hunter showed up for pre-order on Amazon.  Dropping the link in here in case folks want to bookmark it.

Hunter -> https://amzn.to/3ncqZ04

#ad #sponsoredlink

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2023, 07:56 AM »
Admiral Piett is up on Amazon this morning.  Please feel free to update the link Jeff!

https://amzn.to/3BqzXtP
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 07:57 AM by Jeff »

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2023, 09:18 AM »
Thanks for posting.  Still looking for that Clone Trooper and Starkiller (repack).

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2023, 09:24 AM »
Weird that they haven’t shipped my preorder but he’s in stock.  I guess I’ll buy him and then cancel the other order.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2023, 09:34 AM »
Thanks for posting.  Still looking for that Clone Trooper and Starkiller (repack).

Same.  I know EE has them listed, but the amount of time it takes them to process orders has been a bit much. 

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2023, 09:36 AM »
Weird that they haven’t shipped my preorder but he’s in stock.  I guess I’ll buy him and then cancel the other order.

I think Piett is new to Amazon, when did you pre-order him before this?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2023, 10:09 AM »
This is the first time that I've seen TVC Piett listed on Amazon.  I know that they listed Moff Jerjerrod for preorder, but I think the shipping date on that is listed as September.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2023, 06:01 PM »

I think Piett is new to Amazon, when did you pre-order him before this?

You're right, I actually hadn't preordered him.  I'm just so used to having preorders for everything on my list that I was assuming I had one for him too.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 06:54 PM by Rob »