Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

Why Didn't the Empire use the Sep Droids

(1/2) > >>

Artoo:
Any specific reason known yet,beside Lucas couldn't of done BDs back when the OT came out. :P The Empire could of out numbered the Rebels.

Ryan:
The Empire already did outnumber the Rebels...

But anyways I think it has a lot to do with the Emperor feeling that the clones and regular human trooper are far more independent than droids. When trooper are out in the feild it'd also be much easier for civilians to communicate with troopers than with droids.

Angry Ewok:
I would imagine that the Seperatist Battle Doids were largely obsolete even before the Clones touched down in Geonosis... but with a droid army, it's simply a numbers game, anyway - if you don't have enough droids to completely overwhelm the enemy, you're screwed...

That said, the first problem I see with having a droid army against the Rebellion, would be that the Rebel Alliance was playing a nasty intelligence-based guerrila war against the empire...

I can't see the Artificial Intelligence of a Battle Droid being advanced enough to pick a suspicious nerf herder out of a crowd for "questioning"... or even be capable of carrying out "questioning", due to their shoddy communication skills (as seen in the movies)...

--- Quote from: Artoo on July 20, 2006, 11:04 PM ---The Empire could of out numbered the Rebels.
--- End quote ---

The Empire already outnumbered the Rebels in every way, so wasting resources on battle droids wouldn't make much sense... the material could be used for alot more useful stuff.

Artoo:
I think my brain was thinking something but my fingers typed something else,I meant would of one over the Rebels on Endor,now that I have reasoning I know.Makes sense.

Angry Ewok:

--- Quote from: Artoo on July 21, 2006, 01:06 AM ---I think my brain was thinking something but my fingers typed something else,I meant would of one over the Rebels on Endor,now that I have reasoning I know.Makes sense.

--- End quote ---

You may have reasoning, but it's being lost in translation. You're pretty hard to understand, usually. Are you asking 'Why didn't the Rebels use Sep Droids'?

In that case, you've got the same answer from me... the droids were already obsolete, leaving victory to depend on a heavy numbers game. It may have been ineffecient for the Empire, but for the Rebels, they probably couldn't afford to - it'd be a huge waste of resources... because, like I said, the battle droid AI would likely be completely incapable of operating in the sort of war that the Rebels were waging.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version