Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 162159 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #390 on: April 18, 2006, 02:49 PM »
Any bets on how much it will be by Labor Day?

I say $3.75 (national average).

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 18, 2006, 03:12 PM »
I don't know which of the two evils is worse - a recession or a debt-ridden society.

???

Recessions are natural occurrences in cyclical economies - they're corrections to overly-robust growth and eventually they end.  Piling debt on top of debt on top of debt the way that we do in this country (nationally, and individually) is going to catch up with us someday - and it isn't going to be pretty. 

Our economy is a model that is only successful if it is growing - stagnation or recession is automatic failure - but you can't grow and grow forever when you have finite resources and finite space.  This goes back to what I was saying earlier about the rampant short-sightedness in Washington - and in our own lives.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 03:13 PM by Rob »

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 18, 2006, 06:05 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1841989&page=1

I'm neither Republican or Democrat,

You sure about that?

WTF??

Yes, I am sure.  Are you?

I hate Prez Bush, but like Texas Gov. Perry, both are Repubs.
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #393 on: April 18, 2006, 06:21 PM »
I filled up last night on the way from from the grocery store - $2.579 per gallon. 

It's about $2.65+ at most of the other stations, I guess I just lucked into a "cheap" one.

What a difference a day makes - I drove by the same station on my way home from work and now they are up to $2.829 per gallon.   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #394 on: April 18, 2006, 06:31 PM »
We're $2.85.  I went from $20 getting me from near empty to near full or just on the line...  Now I'm lucky if it gets me above half a tank when I go to fill up some.  People are calling for gas tax cuts in our state...  I'm not.  I would much prefer that the federal government got a little handle on this now and LOCKED it down.  I respect Spectre for that move he made since he's one of the only ones who seems to be doing so.

The main thing that irks about this is that nobody but those in the "have not" column are really being impacted...  It's hell being poor.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 18, 2006, 06:46 PM »

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 18, 2006, 06:52 PM »
I saw a couple of places yesterday for $2.85. Most are in the high $2.90s, and a few are a shade under $3.20. Soon it'll be uniformly over $3. It's going to be a painful spring and summer, so stock up on your lube.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 18, 2006, 06:56 PM »
Well, today I saw two gas stations tape off pumps. Not sure what that was all about, but the price jumped immediatley after, and people filling up got charged the higher price, and were pretty damn pissed, or so I overheard from a clerk working the counter at the gas station.

Walking to work from now on. I apreciate the excercise, but dear lord. It's a good thing I have a second job outside of my buisness, or I'd be **** out of luck when it comes to spending money and gas. >:(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 18, 2006, 08:54 PM »
Saw a report on national news tonight that $3.00 will become the new low for gas. This is due to our own usuage, China's increase use of gas, and the on going crisis in the Middle East (Iran, Iraq).  I have to add that besides that, you have oil companies gauging.

Because of this, I am buying the Tatooine wave from BBTS and the TRU Battle Pack online, and then I'm done. Collecting is fun, but not when I have to fill up 2x in a week to do runs, and my car gets 30 to 32 mpg on the highway and 26 or so in the city.

How much is the current price of figures related to increase costs to bring product to market (from ships, to trucks etc)?
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 19, 2006, 08:37 AM »
Prices went up 10 cents overnight in my town.  $3.10.  Looking at one of my slips from a month ago.  Gas has gone up almost 60 cents in a month where I am.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2006, 09:24 AM »
BREAKING NEWS!!!

I saw President Bush on TV today making another speech.  He is "concerned" about rising gas prices.

Thank you, that's all.......

::)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 02:53 PM by S_A_Longhorn »
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 19, 2006, 09:30 AM »
Thank goodness. Now I can sleep at night.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 19, 2006, 10:08 AM »
$1.09/liter.  So $4.48 CAD/gallon or $3.81 USD/gallon :o :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 19, 2006, 10:10 AM »
Gas went up overnight here in MN from $2.61 to $2.79.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 19, 2006, 10:12 AM »
$1.09/liter.  So $4.48 CAD/gallon or $3.81 USD/gallon :o :'(

Good Lord! :o  We were at 2.89 yesterday.  I have noticed at definate increase in prices when I shop at BJ's.  All of the bulk items that we buy on a regular basis have gone up significantly in the past 3 or 4 months.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 10:13 AM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(