Author Topic: Indiana Jones 5  (Read 44059 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones 5
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2016, 07:35 PM »
Guessing Shia's on the not-wanted list after he bashed the last movie and ticked off Ford and Spielberg in the process.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2016, 11:38 AM »
Harrison Ford has shown that when it comes to promoting a film, he's a real pro.  He went above and beyond on the promotional tour for THE FORCE AWAKENS.  And Shia?  Ugh.  He's done some decent acting work, but I think studios are really wary of him because of his behavior issues away from the set, the plagiarism scandal and his social media antics.

My chief concern?  I just want a solid story this time around.  And I hope that Spielberg learns some of the lessons that were learned from THE FORCE AWAKENS.  Notably, the blending of effects styles.  Because one of the biggest jump the shark moments of KotCS was that ridiculous vine swinging scene.  OMG, that was so f***ing horrible!!!!  And not just because the premise was so ridiculous, but because IT LOOKED BAD!  I know that people point to the "Nuke the Fridge" scene as being beyond implausible, but I will take that over the vine swinging scene any day of the week.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2016, 11:48 AM »
That's what happens when you do all the stuff on a computer instead of dragging a dude on a rope behind a truck.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline SnTrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2016, 03:27 PM »
My chief concern?  I just want a solid story this time around.  And I hope that Spielberg learns some of the lessons that were learned from THE FORCE AWAKENS.  Notably, the blending of effects styles.  Because one of the biggest jump the shark moments of KotCS was that ridiculous vine swinging scene.  OMG, that was so f***ing horrible!!!!  And not just because the premise was so ridiculous, but because IT LOOKED BAD!  I know that people point to the "Nuke the Fridge" scene as being beyond implausible, but I will take that over the vine swinging scene any day of the week.
Agree with this 100%. It is the only scene in the movie that I truly and fully hate. It's worse than Jar Jar being farted on.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2016, 03:50 PM »
I wasn't a fan of the giant ants or the jungle cutter contraption either. 

That whole jungle cutter scene includes the cutters themselves, a fairly dump sword fight, vine swinging, and ends with giant ants. 

The rest of the movie was decent, but this eight minute segment really drags the whole movie down for me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2016, 06:50 PM »
I've got a bad feeling about this...

+1
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2016, 12:06 AM »
If this movie doesn't open with a quick shot of the end of KOTCS and then Indiana waking up from a bad dream then the whole project is a waste of time.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2016, 01:16 AM »
Hey, Hasbro can release all the unmade Indiana Jones stuff from the previous toy line.

Yeah....right.  More like one wave of 5 POA figures based on the new film and some micro machines. :(

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2016, 01:56 AM »
Please God no.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2016, 01:10 PM »
They've already released two bad sequels in a row; I guess one more's not gonna hurt.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2016, 10:12 AM »
What? Last Crusade was good.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2016, 10:21 AM »
I look forward to it.  I just hope Lucas has virtually no say.  He really trashed the last one.  I think he's gotten to the point he's trying to have the special effects tell a story instead of enhancing the movie.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2016, 10:35 AM »
Don't you remember?  IJ: ATLC and RotJ were both retconned into "bad" films "no one" likes to further the "I Hate Lucas" narrative.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2016, 11:33 AM »
What? Last Crusade was good.

It was good when I was a kid.  Watching as an adult, there are some pretty big flaws.  Most of the franchise characters become cartoonish caricatures, which is unfortunate.  Even Indy is buffoonish. 
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2016, 02:19 PM »
Bill said exactly what Matty was expressing.  Look at Marcus and Sallah at least.  Very unnecessary and nothing like their characters in Raiders.  At the beginning Marcus sort of plays a role like he does in Raiders but once he is integrated into the adventure later he becomes pathetic comic relief.  Take he and Sallah out, and you lose nothing and gain a lot.

I like TLC, personally, but yeah it's way weaker compared to ToD and RotLA.  For me I only hate Skull at this point and won't watch it.  Even it's figures kind of blow.

Comic relief in Indy should be somewhat limited.  Indy and his dad was plenty sufficient in TLC but they took it a step too far by dumbing down two secondary characters for no reason.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77