Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 476814 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 9.08.05
« Reply #855 on: September 8, 2005, 11:21 PM »
I like the blue. Makes him seem festive an exotic. Maybe he should have a cane, or decorative blaster or somthing. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 9, 2005, 10:37 AM »
I like the blue. Makes him seem festive an exotic. Maybe he should have a cane, or decorative blaster or somthing. :)

Kevin

Thanks... I think I need to darken it just a bit though.  Do you think so?

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 9, 2005, 11:39 AM »
Yes. Darken him a tad. Then give him the Emporer's cane.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 9, 2005, 12:02 PM »
Yes. Darken him a tad. Then give him the Emporer's cane.

I think that's a good idea.  And thanks for the idea, I was beginning to think you were ignoring me.   ;)

What do you think about the hands?  Are they too big?  They're from the Planet of the Apes line, of that little monkey that flies in the little pod shuttle at the end of the movie.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 9, 2005, 12:36 PM »
I haven't updated since last month and every week you guys are shelling out these masterpieces! I need to catch up!

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 9, 2005, 01:13 PM »
i like the hands, thay go well with the figure. the blue could stand to be a bit darker. it is a really good custom though and a type of custom that is never rally done. good work chewie.

erik ;D
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 9, 2005, 11:15 PM »
CHEWIE...I was re-reading this thread, and I got to thinking...why not give him a crown or some sort of ornimental helmet? Maybe earrings? I think that would make him stand out as upper class. :) Some one who beleives he is above the Republic way.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 10, 2005, 12:24 PM »
I'm glad the hands seem to work for the figure.  I'll darken the blue on him before showing him in the Rykrof Enloe series.

Some sort of ornimental decoration is a good idea Dressel Jr.  But I'm not sure how I'd go about it yet.  I'm thinking if I do that, maybe a nice staff or cane might be a good start, and then possibly some sort of jewerly like around his neck. 

Also, I fininished three more customs last night, one is for the monthly customizing challenge for September so I can't show it yet.  I'll get pics of the other two up by tomorrow though.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Saturday 9.10.05
« Reply #863 on: September 10, 2005, 06:55 PM »
Ok, here's a small little update.  First off, my submission for Phruby's "Customs of Us" - I wrote a little more about the figure in that thread.

Next up is another version of Bail Organa.  I like the character and decided he should have more outfits.  Mainly for the Rykrof Enloe series.

And next is a Coruscant Mechanic, that works on various stuff from droids to ships.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 07:12 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #864 on: September 10, 2005, 07:28 PM »
good job chew.
the mechanic looks like the head is a corps although i may be wrong the custom of yourself jedi turned out great include your self in a photonovel you deserve it ;)

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 10, 2005, 07:56 PM »
that's an awesome self-jedi custom, Chewie! It looks almost exactly like you, too! That's exactly like you actually!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 10, 2005, 11:44 PM »
Great job on all.  I especially like the boots and clothes on your jedi.  His boots look scaley and cracked, like they're well-worn rancor skin.

Way to look Bail look more regal as well.

Now the mechanic looks like he's been "down and dirty" in the pit - as usual a first-rate paint job.  What kind of figure and head is that?

B

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 11, 2005, 12:23 AM »
Thanks guys for all the comments, I'll try and answer what questions there were.

Smarty - The mechanic guy is just a repainted pilot from the XD WW2 line.  All the blue parts were green, all I did was repaint it with 3 coats of paint, then seal it a couple of times with matte spray.

Perennial - Well it was just an extra head that I had, and I figured if I was going to enter something for that customs of us project, that was probably the best one I was going to find.  I guess it looks kinda like me.

Bjardkerr - Thanks for the comments on the Jedi and Bail, the Mechanic is just a basic repaint of the XD figure I mentioned above.  Oh, and I did give him new boots too, because the other one had shoe laces and looked odd for a Star Wars figure (the only Star Wars figure I ever remember having shoe laces is the POTJ Mon Calamari officer figure).  He's a little tall, but it's ok for my needs.

Oh and tonight I decided to start on #14 in the Rykrof Enloe series... not too much work into it yet, but I did decide to make a sexy pic of Rykrof's wife.  You know, to show more reason why he'd rather be on Naboo that Dathomir...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #868 on: September 11, 2005, 12:29 AM »
You had WAY too much fun with that I'll bet. :P

Excellent work CHEWIE. I love that custom of you. It is a great likeness. Nice work on Bail as well it is nice to see that some people actually have more than 1 set of clothing. The mechanic is nice looking as well. The blue was a nice choice for color. I'll be looking for all 3 of these in an upcoming PN< and your character should have more than just a little cameo. ;)
"This is the way."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Sunday 9.11.05
« Reply #869 on: September 11, 2005, 12:33 AM »
I'm digging that Bail. The custom of you is cool also, too bad we don't have a reference pic to measure accuracy. :P

I like that Sneak Pic too. Although I think it makes her look like a ****. :-X
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks