Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 213478 times)

Online Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #825 on: February 14, 2022, 12:46 PM »

My other choice would be the Emperor's throne room, since we just got a new Emperor for that, along with the window. It's super toyetic (all of Luke and Vader's 3rd act action was here), and it could be an avenue for them to "complete the 96" by including Sim Aloo, who would absolutely tank of pegs by himself.

I agree the Emperor's Throne Room would be a great set to get out there, but I fear at even the $250 pricepoint we wouldn't get much of the Room.

It doesn't really go with a lot of figures, but I can attest to its play value as when I made my tiny Cardboard Galaxy version, my then 8 year old son commandeered the prototype so he could have Vader and Luke fight all day long, going up and down the stairs. Something about the dual level design makes it extremely toyetic and inviting for play!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 14, 2022, 12:48 PM »
Unfortunately the Throne Room probably only has five figures that interact with it during the movies.  I'd love to see this element built in to a Death Star playset, but I'm really not that interested on its own.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #827 on: February 14, 2022, 12:52 PM »
I feel like the Sarlaac would be a great environment, since it "connects" with the Sail Barge and Skiff(s), with all the figures related to that. It also appears in new media (BOBF), and Return of the Jedi's 40th anniversary is next year.

I'm in for this if the Sarlaac has tentacles that can hold my TVC Slave One over it.   :D

Unfortunately the Throne Room probably only has five figures that interact with it during the movies.  I'd love to see this element built in to a Death Star playset, but I'm really not that interested on its own.

I really like this idea!  I still this the different modular pieces could be lower in price compared to the Jabba/Boba Fett throne room because of the more sterile/utilitarian environment but it would probably be the same price if not more.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 14, 2022, 12:52 PM »

+1  I want playsets that let me stash a lot of different figures in there.  Cantina, Sandcrawler, Rebel Briefing, Ewok Village, Echo Base, etc.  Jabba's Throne room is ideal, though even that I'm a little less interested in because of the barge.  I wouldn't want a big playset for Dagobah or Emperor's Throne Room or Ahch-To Island because I'm only going to dedicate a few figures to something that takes up a big chunk of space.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 14, 2022, 12:55 PM »
Remember that guy (I think he was somewhere in South America) that made that huge 3.75" scale Sandcrawler?  I'd love Hasbro to do something like that!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 14, 2022, 01:01 PM »
Remember that guy (I think he was somewhere in South America) that made that huge 3.75" scale Sandcrawler?  I'd love Hasbro to do something like that!

Michael Fright!

https://michaelfright.com/star-war-model-sandcrawler/

He also made a Rebel Blockade Runner that was scaled to 3.75" scale that he hauled around on a flatbed semi. 

https://michaelfright.com/worlds-largest-starwars/
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 01:02 PM by Rob »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 14, 2022, 01:38 PM »
Thanks Rob!  I knew I could count on you to dig this up!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 14, 2022, 01:41 PM »

Michael Fright!

He also made a Rebel Blockade Runner that was scaled to 3.75" scale that he hauled around on a flatbed semi. 

Legend.

How about an Endor Bunker?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #833 on: February 14, 2022, 01:49 PM »

+1  I want playsets that let me stash a lot of different figures in there.  Cantina, Sandcrawler, Rebel Briefing, Ewok Village, Echo Base, etc.  Jabba's Throne room is ideal, though even that I'm a little less interested in because of the barge.  I wouldn't want a big playset for Dagobah or Emperor's Throne Room or Ahch-To Island because I'm only going to dedicate a few figures to something that takes up a big chunk of space.

I don't know, just looking at my throne room setup, I have the Emperor, Mara Jade, the Dignitaries, Xizor, two Royal Guards, Luke and Darth Vader.

Luke and Vader are in three mini-scenes: clashing lightsabers, Luke on the ground while Vader throws the Emperor, and the Darth Vader unmasking (which admittedly doesn't happen in the throne room).

And that's all on a small shelf. If I had a larger display for the throne room, I would probably use it as more of an Imperial display, when my son wasn't having Luke and Vader battle it out.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #834 on: February 14, 2022, 01:53 PM »

Michael Fright!

Rob, thank you for this link. I thought his work had been lost to the ages, but it seems like I can reacquaint myself with this stuff. I'm going to check out his comment section first, to see what others are saying.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Online Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 14, 2022, 02:00 PM »
Reading those comments it seems like the bots really appreciate his blog!

What a blast from the past!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 14, 2022, 06:35 PM »
 :)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 14, 2022, 01:29 PM »
Anybody got insight in to when Hasbro may take another shot at a Star Wars Haslab item (hopefully 3.75") now that the Reva lightsaber has not funded. 

Jeff, Jayson - anyone have any inside scoop on timing?  Maybe around conventions this summer, or are we going to have to wait until a bit in the future.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 14, 2022, 02:17 PM »
Anybody got insight in to when Hasbro may take another shot at a Star Wars Haslab item (hopefully 3.75") now that the Reva lightsaber has not funded. 

Wasn't the Boba Fett's/Jabba's Throne supposed to be a Haslab that wasn't?  I thought there were pics that has Haslab printed on them, but they decided to go the way they did with it.  If it was supposed to be one, perhaps there will be a bit of a delay until that one is released.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #839 on: July 14, 2022, 03:10 PM »
Wasn't the Boba Fett's/Jabba's Throne supposed to be a Haslab that wasn't?

Yeah, there was a lot of speculation that it was a Haslab that was promoted to a regular release.  Hasbro's official line is that it was always meant to be a Hasbro Pulse exclusive product.  However, a lot of the non-US order info kept calling this a "crowd funded" item.  Here was a pic form Jayson's twitter:

Your guess is as good as mine on the real story.  I've heard so many different excuses - some people think Hasbro moved it to Pulse as a safety net after the Rancor failure; others think it got promoted based on how successful the other TVC Haslabs were and the fact it's OT in nature.  It does seem like it started out as a crowd funding idea though or else why would all the non-US marketing stuff say that?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender