Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 232119 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TLC Millenium Falcon Upgrade
« Reply #465 on: June 6, 2008, 01:17 PM »
Man, I need that Falcon so bad...   :-[
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 7, 2008, 12:06 AM »
Man, I need that Falcon so bad...   :-[

Agreed - both of these vehicles really convey that you're getting your money's worth with them. Just the size of this one alone is phenomenal.

I wish we would have know that all it would have taken to get us this version of the Falcon sooner was for the old Kenner tools to break, I think we as a collector community could have easily paid off a Hasbro factory worker to "accidently" drop the molds. Hehe.

I would have rather had this before now instead of buying the three packaging variations of the old Kenner mold.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 7, 2008, 10:04 AM »

I would have rather had this before now instead of buying the three packaging variations of the old Kenner mold.

Especially with gas budgets eating into SW budgets. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 7, 2008, 11:41 AM »
This is AMAZING, it may end up being the best thing in the 3.75" line ever!!!! :o ;D

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 8, 2008, 07:22 AM »
It will be the reason to get out of bed July 27th, no doubt about it. My only paranoid concern is the plastics used. 16 pounds and doors/compartments everywhere you look- I hope it is well supported and those doors are made to open and close many times without breaking.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 8, 2008, 10:00 AM »
It will be the reason to get out of bed July 27th, no doubt about it. My only paranoid concern is the plastics used. 16 pounds and doors/compartments everywhere you look- I hope it is well supported and those doors are made to open and close many times without breaking.

Well, one thing I did note in the video was that the guy giving the demonstration was being (IMHO) rather rough with the toy. Popping off panels with force, hitting buttons multiple times, swinging doors open and shut with speed. So that leads me to believe that the toy is made sturdily. The last thing you would want is the thing to break while you're giving a demo, that's being video taped.

The other way to look at it is that it does nothing to help Hasbro's standing with the retailers if the retailers have to take them back from angry parents who feel that after they just shelled out $150 + tax the cockpit or gangplank should NOT have just broken.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TLC Millenium Falcon
« Reply #471 on: June 12, 2008, 08:17 PM »
It has been found locally to me. I wanted to check it out today but my dad refused and since I don't have my license there was no way I could get there. I'm going tommorow but considering I wont be getting back till around 5pm I doubt I will have any luck.. :'(
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 13, 2008, 03:11 AM »
Saw that Canada had them on the shelf. $260 Canadian dollars including tax ? Pretty cheap. What is that, $25 in the US? Wish I could get one that cheap ;D ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 13, 2008, 04:02 AM »
I feal sorry for the people that want this in the other Canadian province's. In Alberta, we only have the one GST tax of 5% so for that sucker it comes out to $209.98 CDN.  :-*

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 13, 2008, 09:13 AM »
I suppose that means that it could start getting leaked in the US. Interesting.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 13, 2008, 10:00 AM »
I feal sorry for the people that want this in the other Canadian province's. In Alberta, we only have the one GST tax of 5% so for that sucker it comes out to $209.98 CDN.  :-*

after tax it is basically $226 :o ouch! This thing is going to commit overkill on my wallet. I am gonna call the TRU that it was found at, see if I can have one reserved for me. *crosses fingers*

edit: I called in and they are holding one for me 8) Now I just hope I can get a drive their after my unversity appointment. If I do end up buying it I will post pictures as soon as I can. If I can get this purchase out of the way it will definatly make july 26 a lot easier on both my mind and wallet. And there really is no point in going down to the states to get this thing for $50 cheaper just because I would get nailed to pay taxes at the border anyways, besides maybe this will show Hasbro Canada that there are serious collectors up here too.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 10:35 AM by JangoTat »
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #476 on: June 13, 2008, 11:34 AM »
I'm surprised that this hit Canada before the US.  Has something similar ever happened before?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 13, 2008, 11:40 AM »
I'm surprised that this hit Canada before the US.  Has something similar ever happened before?

TAC wave 1 hit here first as well.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 13, 2008, 03:09 PM »

Quite often.  I believe Transformers Animated saw distribution in Canada about a month and change ago, and we're just starting to see it in the USA (outside Ohio) as of the last two weeks.

If there's no communicated embargo date printed on the shipping cases, or an aisle reset to coincide with the new product release date, it's VERY possible these could show up anywhere between now and the big street date.  If the store doesn't know what the story is with these items, they're just going to sell them, and that's probably going to happen more frequently as stores so decide.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 13, 2008, 03:36 PM »
I called in and they are holding one for me 8) Now I just hope I can get a drive their after my unversity appointment. If I do end up buying it I will post pictures as soon as I can. If I can get this purchase out of the way it will definatly make july 26 a lot easier on both my mind and wallet. And there really is no point in going down to the states to get this thing for $50 cheaper just because I would get nailed to pay taxes at the border anyways, besides maybe this will show Hasbro Canada that there are serious collectors up here too.

Good for you that they're holding one (very cool!!). 

I agree that getting it early will make July 26 a LOT easier.  Hoping they leak early down here too. 

Please do take pics if you can.