Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 212437 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #330 on: February 11, 2009, 01:38 AM »
I think that cannon that's coming with the Nikto is probably intended for the skiff more than anything else.  As soon as I get the Nikto I'll try out the cannon on one of the skiff rails.  I bet it's going to be a perfect fit.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 11, 2009, 10:29 AM »
And the only reason I bring up the Barge is that the Nikto's deck cannon is made to attach to a railing, so that means there's a chance it'll be attaching to something...  Someday. 

Not to go off topic - but there has been a couple of Optimus Prime toys that have been released without a trailer yet there is a peg spot for a trailer.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 11, 2009, 11:17 AM »
I would bring up the AT-TE Gunner and Turbo Tank driver from 2005, but those figures can now support the sail Barge theory.  :P

Anyway, I'm gonna say the deck gun attaches to the skiff. It was just re-released and the Nikto is a Skiff guard. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nikto came with a railing, but that would look rather stupid I think. Anyway, I think the Skiff had gun turrets/stations on it in a few video games, so that seems likely.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 11, 2009, 11:36 AM »
Anyway, I'm gonna say the deck gun attaches to the skiff. It was just re-released and the Nikto is a Skiff guard.

Yes, he is.  But I'm pretty sure he was on the sail barge when he fired that deck cannon.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 11, 2009, 11:41 AM »
I'd love a Sail Barge, and I think it very well could be on its way. Hasbro's lied about big items in the past. :)

Not to change the subject, but I really want a Tantive IV if the big vehicles keep doing well. It could have the bridge and conference room from ROTS, and of course the hallways, plus they could take stuff from Battlefront II. I think it could be pretty cool. Does anyone else want the Tantive IV?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 11:41 AM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 11, 2009, 11:45 AM »
Something like the Tantive wouldn't work as a vehicle IMO, a playset maybe, but the scale would have to be shrunk way too far to make it interesting I think.

I don't think Hasbro has this in them either.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #336 on: February 11, 2009, 01:41 PM »
Just to reiterate that I don't personally think a Sailbarge is likely.  A part of it, maybe, for the deck cannon to attach to...  Could it be intended for the skiff?  Anything is possible, but this wave's a ways off, so I think it maybe is intended for something else in the future.  A part of the barge?  Maybe.  A toy barge?  You never really know...  I don't think it's likely though.

And yes, I want my Tantive IV just like that.  I bought a chunk of land near my house specifically for it.  I expect it will come with the only release of a new Fleet Trooper, making army building impossible.  And he'll have a massive mullet sculpted on him which will blow.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #337 on: February 11, 2009, 01:44 PM »
And yes, I want my Tantive IV just like that.  I bought a chunk of land near my house specifically for it.  I expect it will come with the only release of a new Fleet Trooper, making army building impossible.  And he'll have a massive mullet sculpted on him which will blow.

BAHAHAHAHAHA! Good stuff!  :D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 11, 2009, 01:53 PM »
With this news for how well things were in 2008 for the brand from www.starwars.com -

Driven by the popularity of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated television series, the Force remained strong in 2008 as Star Wars catapulted to the Number 1 spot of all traditional toy licenses, according to The NPD Group, Inc., Lucasfilm Ltd. announced today. U.S. toy retail sales for the brand in 2008 exceeded $450M.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars was the single most popular licensed toy property in 2008 according to data released by the NPD Group. It was also, as a result, the top boys' toy license of the year.

During the 2008 holiday season, U.S. retailers reported the strongest sales for Star Wars toys and products in the 31 years since the first Star Wars movie was released theatrically, even as the overall retail economy faced significant challenges.

If there's ever been a time for a Sail Barge, Death Star or whatever... the popularity and demand may never be higher than it is now.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 11, 2009, 02:00 PM »
I believe all $99+ items going forward will be Clone Wars related.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 11, 2009, 02:20 PM »

That still doesn't rule out the Sail Barge as it was in the cartoon movie. Though it will need to make an appearance in the tv show in a SIGNIFICANT ACTION SCENE, to really be worth doing in Hasbro's eyes/mind.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 11, 2009, 02:33 PM »
A Sail Barge is not really comparable to the Millenium Falcon.  You're talking about one vehicle that is more of a set than anything else and plays into about 15 minutes of action in ROTJ and gets minor involvement in the Clone Wars movie.

The AT-TE is a Clone Wars (animated) themed vehicle - not Legacy vehicle (movie) and it was only in two episodes and has no more than just a few minutes of screen time so I think we have a pretty good chance of a Sail Barge.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 11, 2009, 03:28 PM »

Such as?

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 11, 2009, 03:41 PM »

Such as?

Not really a Hasbro product, but since the first 4 Episodes were released in a $20 set, the first season would be almost $100.   >:(

I can't think of anything in the TV show so far that would fit at that price point.  Unless they did something with the Twilight.  Maybe a pack with the Twilight and the Clone Wars Y-Wing....  I could see that going for $100.
I am not the Stig

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 11, 2009, 03:42 PM »

Such as?

Re-releases of the AT-TE.