Author Topic: Walmart "Discover the Force" TPM3D Basic Figures  (Read 86625 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Walmart "Discover the Force" 3D Movie Figure Wave
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2012, 05:47 PM »
Here's a pic I snapped of the DTF Droideka... The body is definitely reused from 1998, as you can see, and really the only thing that would really improve the sculpt is if they could add ball jointed shoulders (they're swivels). The head appears to be the same as the action feature one from 2002/2005 but I only have one of those and it's being used as a stand at the back of my shelf for all of the warped Battle Droids. :P

http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2012, 05:57 PM »
Wow, weird.  I always figured that 2007 figure was new.  I never minded the 1999 figure except for the mishapen head so that's cool that it actually was just that good.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2012, 04:48 PM »
Not sure whate everyone's experience was with this stuff but my WM stores all put out at least 3 to 5 more cases of DTF figures just mixed into the regular area...  it's making a real mess ultimately.

Most had sold through their stock initially but now, they've got a bunch.  I nabbed another Naboo pilot tonight for fun...  They're all nice figures but now every WM here has a bunch, haha.  Not necessarilly a great thing now that TPM3D is kind of out of the minds of a lot of folks I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Mine have yet to restock from their initial shipments (only 2 of my 3 stores have gotten them in) but I've gotten just about everything I need. I do want to track down another Gungan Warrior, maybe 2 more Naboo pilots and a bunch of Destroyer Droids...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2012, 11:00 PM »
Well my mind is completely gone because DTF has a whole different meaning in my mind.

As for the figures, my walmart has plenty of Ric around, seems to be hanging more than the others.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2012, 01:50 AM »
Yeah Ric moved well at first, I think mostly due to the hype he and the droid got for not getting vintage repacks later, but now...  well, yeah Ric Olie's up to his old tricks it seems.  ;D

The Naboo pilot is definitely selling better though,s o good move on Hasbro's part to NOT reship Olie...  I honestly thought that was a headscratcher but the better army builder is definitely winning out. 

I'm surprised how well the Gungan has sold.  The last Gungan was a bit of a pegwarmer, but not this one.  Weird.  The last one was really just as good and accurate so, go figure.

Aurra Sing... not really doing as well as the rest.  Weird.

And of course Obi and QGJ are everywhere.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 3, 2012, 11:54 AM »
After a couple of weeks it seems that all of the new characters in this WM exclusive wave have been moving, and the repacks like Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Yoda & the Destroyer are lingering.  Funny enough, I think I've only seen the Tusken Raider one time.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #187 on: March 3, 2012, 09:53 PM »
I've only ever seen the Tusken once or twice myself. I was hoping these would have dropped with the Vintage price cuts. I was hoping to grab a few Tuskens if the price was right.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: March 5, 2012, 01:07 AM »
Ryan, just wait and see if your area is like mine and more and more of these surface. YOu'll see loads of Tuskens and everyone else then.  :)  I still see the droid the least, but I also noticed this weekend at the Steel City Con show, dealers had shitloads of that droid that they're gonna wind up choking on I do believe.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #189 on: March 5, 2012, 01:08 AM »
Oh, we have TONS of the DTF wave. For whatever reason though I just haven't seen many of the Tuskens anywhere.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #190 on: March 8, 2012, 01:29 AM »
I'm not sure where we were discussing this, but I'll just put this thought in here...

So I was out and about, and it just sort of struck me as odd that I barely saw the Queen's Astromech set anywhere.  I think I saw it one time, and I was just thinking what a shame that was.  It's so vastly superior, IMO, than a lot of the other exclusive offerings at Wal-Mart except for the DTF wave itself... 

And I really liked that it was the BAD sculpt that got used as well.  It added to the droid diversity.

But is this one of the toughest to find 2012 products out there?  I'm thinking it might be.  Not a lot has been hard to find, but I know I haven't seen this thing too often.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 8, 2012, 08:52 AM »
I'm not sure where we were discussing this, but I'll just put this thought in here...

So I was out and about, and it just sort of struck me as odd that I barely saw the Queen's Astromech set anywhere.  I think I saw it one time, and I was just thinking what a shame that was.  It's so vastly superior, IMO, than a lot of the other exclusive offerings at Wal-Mart except for the DTF wave itself... 

And I really liked that it was the BAD sculpt that got used as well.  It added to the droid diversity.

But is this one of the toughest to find 2012 products out there?  I'm thinking it might be.  Not a lot has been hard to find, but I know I haven't seen this thing too often.

Adam P seemed to be implying the same thing over at GH. Apparently these sets only got stocked initially and there have been no subsequent restocks?
I can only find 1-2 around town here now, the other set seems more common. I'll probaby pick them up for trade bait. Would be a good straight up swap for a Scout Bomber.
« Last Edit: March 8, 2012, 08:52 AM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2012, 09:12 PM »
I have never seen them, which sucks because i would have bought them. Lots of the other battlepacks though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #193 on: March 11, 2012, 05:56 PM »
That's gonna be a tough trade I think...  One's DEFINITELY rare, the other one is still being found at least.  :)  Though for how long, not sure, but it sure is an odd duck.  I'll check around if I see it since I just want to swap some droid parts onto the nicely colored plain astromech bodies.  This is another of those weird things that could resurface too...  like Jabba's Dais.  You just never know.

BTW I picked another Naboo pilot up...  I'm tempted to get Gungans but man, it's tough to army build something I care so little about, just so my shelf looks a tad more full.  :-\
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:58 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2012, 10:55 AM »
After missing the boat when these first got released, I finally managed to track down the last of the new figures from this wave, the Gungan Warrior.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."