Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Two Discussion Thread  (Read 68651 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Two Discussion Thread
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2010, 10:08 AM »
Is this still a rerun tonight and does anybody know when they will start running new episodes again?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2010, 10:51 AM »
Is this still a rerun tonight and does anybody know when they will start running new episodes again?

Per SW.com Duchess of Mandalore is on tonight.   :(  Wish they'd get back to new episodes.  Perhaps involving some bounty hunters; rising perhaps?
I am not the Stig

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2010, 02:45 PM »
According to the DVR, next Friday (3/19) is a new episode. It's another Senate episode according to the summary. Padme playing detective to find out who killed Anaconda Far.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 14, 2010, 04:13 PM »
*yawn*  getting tired of the Duchess and Senate stuff already.  Let's get back to the supposed bounty hunter stuff already.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #184 on: March 14, 2010, 04:26 PM »
iTunes had this episode up yesterday for a brief time before they pulled it down. I downloaded it and it was pretty good. Folks will get a kick out of the Coruscant Inspector Tan Devo and their are a couple nice easter eggs in the episode as well. Phase II "ROTS" Clone Troopers and Mon Mothma
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 20, 2010, 11:52 PM »
Yes, it was a good episode.  The inspector, to me, seemed like a character straight out of a 1940s detective film and was enjoyable, even if a tad annoying.  I liked some of the other tidbits as well, plus the developing story of the senatorial opposition to Palpatine and the war.  As we know, Mon Mothma and Bail Organa are among the eventual founders of the Rebel Alliance.  The formation of that resistance movement was a major element in the ROTS novel, but was deleted from the final version of that film, so its kind of cool to see it appearing in the Clone Wars series.

Again, I'm always fascinated by the level of story detail and maturity that goes into the CW series.  It is something that I am very sure flies past most of the younger and less informed fans of the show, but it conversely makes the show quite enjoyable (and more meaningful) to us older fans 8)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 21, 2010, 11:29 AM »
I liked how they worked Palpatine's "reluctance" in.  Like the more militant members of the Senate are making him accept the new powers.  Palpatine needs Padme, Mon Mothma and Bail Organa because as long as he appears to be balanced between them and the more pro-war Senators, he can covertly seek greater power without appearing to a dictator.  I liked the episode.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #187 on: March 25, 2010, 12:10 AM »
Wow.  Some Season Two info on a certain character appearing in the cartoon - SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS.

I guessed it was coming at some point... interesting to see the pic.  I cannot wait to read what some folks will have to say...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #188 on: March 25, 2010, 12:25 AM »
It's about time.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #189 on: March 25, 2010, 01:08 AM »
That's pretty cool...  I expected it too, at least in the cameo form, but I'm hoping for maybe a larger role of some sort.  I'm really digging that pic though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 25, 2010, 10:31 AM »
Very cool.  Hopefully that character will be involved in a bigger story arc at the end of the season and not simply a teaser for next season!
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 25, 2010, 11:36 AM »
Yeah, I sort of expected it as well, but it is pretty cool.  Can't really talk about it much more without going into spoilers, but I'm interested to see how this character is used, and if they will continue to be on the show.  They mentioned that the 2 part finale is airing April 23/30, so I guess we have about 6 episodes left.  For some reason, this season has seemed shorter (although it really isn't), but maybe that is just because of the breaks.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 25, 2010, 12:07 PM »
Yay!    ;D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 25, 2010, 06:29 PM »
Very cool and about time!  Glad he's being voiced by the same actor from AOTC so there will be a sense of continuity.  Hopefully Fett will be used well
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #194 on: March 25, 2010, 08:09 PM »
I'm pretty stoked over this right now...  I'm curious who his bruiser buddy is there with him.  Looks like a Klatooinian on roids.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77