Collectibles > The Clone Wars '08-'13

Target "Darth Maul Returns" Battle Pack

<< < (12/13) > >>

evenflow:
Picked this up today at Target, no DCPI needed, was already on the shelf.

Force Guy:
The gem in this set is definitely the Nightsister figure.  Just plain awesome. 

shmashwitdaclub:
This is on sale per Target's ad for $18 this week

Jesse James:
Anyone interested in perhaps Maul and Oppress?

I bought the set, while on sale, thinking I'd ponder selling some of the contents so I can keep the Nightsister.  I don't really want the animated figures...  I could dig Oppress, but Maul I'm happy with the realistic one and don't want this one (he has cooler legs though IMO).

Drop me a PM if you're interested in them, otherwise I think I'm taking the set back.

Jabba the Slug:
Finally opened up one of these today and I'm shocked at what I like most about this set... which is...

Savage Opress :-X I never got the original, so I gave Maul's lightsaber to Savage and gave the Nightsister saber to Maul. Totally love the set now! I was really shocked that I gave more attention to Savage than the other figures - and I'll explain why.

Nightsister is very well-executed for a generic Nightsister, it's a definite hit. Not anything extraordinary or overtly cool (I kinda want a Talzin now that I think about it, but I'll pretend this is her), but very well done.

NOW for the elephant in the room (seriously, Maul is a giant compared to Savage, which really surprised me).

I'm so disappointed with the Maul figure. :-\ I really wanted to like this figure, and I had such high expectations! But seriously, not giving an articulated waist or wrists to an otherwise almost-perfectly articulated figure is so downright distracting! It's the fact that it's just almost there that distracts me - granted, I'm grateful Hasbro went all-out with his legs, but it's so hard to achieve any cool poses with the missing points. And I really don't like the headsculpt either, I don't think it looks much like Maul from the cartoon. Being that the Maul figure looks downright goofy and the Nightsister is just alright, I loved the Savage most of all right off the bat.

A+++ for concept.
B- for execution. Granted though, this is a very nice set with much value, but, as a collector item (as in for a collector who expects TVC standards from everything, unfortunately) it's just okay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version