Author Topic: VOTC/OTC Purchases  (Read 97314 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: VOTC/OTC Purchases
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2004, 03:58 PM »
That's a good question.

I had plans for where each vOTC figure would go in my displays/dioramas (Leia at Yavin 4, Han talking with Jabba, Ben with CT R2 and FB 3PO), but now that they are open and on a shelf together, they look GREAT together.

I have pretty much just changed my mind on this one and now, I'll be leaving them together on a shelf.  I just hope that the further waves (ESB and RoTJ) stick to the scale they established.  It could be as close as we get to having the basic version of each figure in the true scale.

If the upcoming Vader and Chewie look silly/short compared to the rest, I'll probably just change my mind and separate them... but as long as they look good, I'm gonna keep them all together on a shelf!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2004, 04:34 PM »
Got the OTC Bespin Wave today.

ALL 3 are winners, though Leia's left a bit wanting...  Rather lame, unposeable Leia, and honestly my Leia Collection Leia's staying on Han's arm.  OTC one will maybe be posed in my Bespin set-up then...  One of the rare times one of the exact same character will share shelf-space.

The Lobot is great (could be better, but for Lobot, he's great) and Cloud Car Pilot is awesme from top to bttom.

No goofy leaning either, like he appeared to have in some photos.  That's a GOOD thing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2004, 10:14 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but the OTC seems to be selling through rather quickly around here.  I didn't get to visit all the stores in town, but the Wal-Mart nearest to us that had the OTC is now totally sold out (in a week), and the TRU that had a peg full of VOTC (3x Han, 3x Obi, 2x Leia) on Thursday had one Obi left on Saturday.  Not surprising though, hope we can find the ESB and ROTJ figs though.  Case ordering is becoming awfully tempting now :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 5, 2004, 11:12 AM »
Just curious, is everyone able to find what they are looking for from the VOTC/OTC lines?  I was fortunate enough to find the 7 new OTC figures the first week they were released here (but haven't seen them, or any others, since).  I ordered the VOTC first three through Amazon, and did see the same wave at TRU here in town once, but they were sold out in a day (did grab an extra Han though).  I have read lots of reports of people finding the VOTC in different locations now, do you think they will be as tough to get a hold of as we worried they would be?  Are they selling through where you are seeing them?  We've only had them at TRU here (once) so far, and sold out...but I know others have seen them at Target, Wal-Mart, etc.  Hopefully the ESB and ROTJ waves won't be impossible to locate.  Just curious how it was looking in your areas now...last time I checked (Tuesday), things had all but dried up OTC wise in town (other than multiple "Ask Yodas" and Jedi Council sets at TRU).

Offline Carl

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #34 on: August 5, 2004, 11:15 AM »
haven't seen any yet in the UK!  :(
WANTED: Droids, Ewok Prototype & Unproduced coins

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 5, 2004, 12:51 PM »
So far I have:

OTC:

Dagobah Luke
Yoda
Jedi Luke

VOTC:

Han
Leia
Obi-Wan

All of these will change of course. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 5, 2004, 01:24 PM »
Just curious, is everyone able to find what they are looking for from the VOTC/OTC lines?

Yes, for the exception of the Bespin Luke/IG-88/Bossk wave.  That wave hasn't hit my area yet.  I'd really to pick up a Bespin Luke from that wave.  Other than that, I'm set.  And of course, I'm looking forward to picking up VOTC Vader (when it hits) and VOTC Stormtrooper.    
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: August 5, 2004, 01:30 PM »
It's been sporadic around So Cal, at best.  I hit a nice OTC motherload (8 diff. figures) last week, but other than that, it's just been one or two, here and there.  I think I've got just about half of the OTC releases now.  Long way to go, and I hate feeling so far behind!   :P

The VOTC's been a lot easier to find though, at least the Han, Leia, and Ben.  Been seeing those en masse at a few WMs, Targets, and K-marts.  Getting burnt out on seeing them already!  Still haven't seen a Luke yet though...

Plenty of vehicles, Buddies, Ask Yodas, lightsabers, etc., everywhere.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 5, 2004, 01:47 PM »
VOTC Han Solo
VOTC Darth Vader

That's it. I can't afford to collect the entire OTC at the moment so, I'm going to get the ones I need ahead of time, then catch up.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #39 on: August 5, 2004, 08:17 PM »
I saw the VOTC figs for the first time today (no Luke) and left them there.  I have the Bespin figs but no joy yet on the Dagobah wave.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #40 on: August 5, 2004, 11:01 PM »
Stuff's been hitting pretty hard at Wal-Mart lately. I've dropped about $65 on Star Wars stuff this week. :P

But I only have figures like Greedo, Tusken Raider, etc. to find now.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 6, 2004, 01:11 PM »
Very spotty up north, at least where I am.  

VOTC - Han, Ben, Leia

OTC - Dagobah wave on US cards.  Skipped the rehashes thus far (x-wing Luke, Jedi Luke, Han, Chewie, one of the VAder's, though I know not which it was).  Still none of the famed starburst crap Canuck cards.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #42 on: August 6, 2004, 01:30 PM »
Found Greedo today, so now all I need is VOTC Luke, OTC Biker Scout, Tusken Raider, and the Jawas, and of course every other figure after them.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: August 6, 2004, 05:42 PM »
Hit a big OTC pile at the local Target.  They moved toys to the baack of the store now for some reason.

They had the entire Dagobah Wave, but only one Luke.  I had them all already so left them...  I nabbed a 2nd VOTC Han Solo, and debated on a Leia.  SHoulda gotten one, but I held off.  I'm more intent on extra Fett's, Chewies, a Vader, a Lando, and extra Stormies.

I saw a few repacks...  They had some Yavin wave remnants that snuck out too, like a TIE Pilot and Antilles.  I nabbed an OTC Greedo...  I have to say, he's really nice.

Greedo, it's funny.  You line up CT then Cantina Set, and this one.  Together they're really like looking at an evolutionary chart.  Like it should have a piece of brocoli first, then like a piece of brocoli with legs and arms, then a sorta hybrid brocoli/Greedo, then Greedo CT, Cantina, and finally OTC.

(BTW I don't know why Greedo reminds me of Brocoli)

They had others...  Luke X-Wing noteably.  I hacked the teeth out of my POTJ figure (see Hasbro, I was thinking faster than you  :P ), so I'm not picking the OTC up.

Not a wasted day today, but no VOTC Luke, and no VOTC Empire wave which is reportedly showing up too.   :-\  Kinda bummed, mostly on the Luke.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #44 on: August 6, 2004, 09:25 PM »
I nabbed Dagobah Luke today at WM.  Still in search of Yoda and Spirit Ben.  I saw also but didn't buy the repainted Bespin Luke, Bossk, and IG-88, the first I've seen of those.  

The Jedi Luke repack seems like he has a different cape - or is it just packaged differently?