Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 351871 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #435 on: December 21, 2006, 07:43 AM »
Bad or not, we're all gonna go see it.

Not everyone is gonna see it. I know Im not. The G1 cartoon is Transformers not this pile of garbage.

I'm with Robb on this one.  I can accept certain changes, but this looks to have strayed much too far from the source material and it's Transformers in name only.  I might wait until the DVD hits to see it, but I'm not going to go out of my way to watch it.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 21, 2006, 10:16 AM »
I've heard a lot of bad reviews about The Fountain, though I'd been looking forward to it. Do you have any criticism, Rob?

None.  I thought it was amazing.

But I also already thought that after 2 movies Darren Aronofsky had it all figured out. 

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 21, 2006, 02:12 PM »
Grindhouse Trailer Friggin Awesome!
I remember my dream now.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 21, 2006, 07:34 PM »
Just got back from "The Persuit of Happyness". Fantastic flick, I highly reccomend it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 24, 2006, 04:55 PM »
Just came back from "Rocky Balboa". Thought it was excellent, far excedded my expectations.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 26, 2006, 10:46 AM »
Bad or not, we're all gonna go see it.

I'm another one who would have to be dragged kicking and screeming. If it wasn't for the fact that the script isn't very good to start with, it's directed my Micheal Bay who's movies I go out of my way to avoid.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 26, 2006, 08:30 PM »
I took the midgets to see Charlotte's Web this weekend.  It was really, really good.  Pretty much a perfect adaptation, if you're into kids' books kinds of things.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 26, 2006, 09:32 PM »
Dare I ask to see if anyone is shocked to note that more people downloaded the TF trailer vs. Spiderman 3?  Yes, I know YOU ALL HATE this movie, but I'm happy - at least until I see the movie.  I'm not expecting a rehash of 84-85 stuff.  I've been there and have already enjoyed that.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 09:00 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 27, 2006, 11:15 AM »
Saw a couple of flicks in the last few days:

Night at the Museum.  Typical stuff but entertaining anyway.  Hey, my six year old enjoyed it and when you're trying to kill six hours while waiting for a flight, that's priceless. 

The Good Shepherd.  Interesting flick and I enjoyed it.  It's slow moving and requires you to pay attention, something well beyond the abilities of the average movie goer.  I'm not sure why everyone in the theater seemed to think they were going to see a 007 movie, but it would seem many were.  I saw the previews, read the synopsis and went to the movie and got what I expected.  I knew my wife wouldn't be interested in seeing this so I wanted to see it because it was unlikely we'd rent or buy.  But the crowd was yet another push towards a quality home theater setup; not enough explosions or gruesome killings it would seem ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 31, 2006, 04:02 PM »
Finally caught Flags of our Fathers the other night. It was a flawed movie, but very good never the less. I recommend a viewing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 31, 2006, 04:29 PM »
Saw Night At The Museum yesterday. Pretty much just what I expected, it was pretty good.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 1, 2007, 12:12 PM »
Saw Night At The Museum yesterday. Pretty much just what I expected, it was pretty good.

Is the Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson thing still working?  The movie looks somewhat entertaining, but I think the duo is getting rather stale.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #447 on: January 1, 2007, 04:29 PM »
Yeah that movie was a great kids movie, I saw it on christmas eve and I was impressed.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 1, 2007, 04:42 PM »
I saw Night at the Museum on IMAX, and I must say, I was rather disappointed. Everyone played their roles well, but the direction didn't seem to work so smoothly as I had expected. Certain scenes in the movie were pulled off nicely, but others tended to go on long after they should have. I'd have seen a matinee or bought tickets from Costco, but would not have spent the $14 for the IMAX showing, had I known this.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #449 on: January 1, 2007, 06:14 PM »
(I had GoBots.)   :-\

Ah yes, Gobots...the poor man's Transformers.  Had 'em as well, and actually dig them more now than the original TFs.

Anyway, I think it's refreshing they're taking TF to a different level and making some modifcations.  It's definitely not going to be the kiddy cartoon that we all remember, at least not based on what we've seen in the trailer.  I know this has a bunch of fan boys all bent out of shape, but that's to be expected.  Based on the trailer, I'm looking forward to it.

John