Collectibles > Revenge of the Sith

#65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)

<< < (2/42) > >>

Diddly:
The Gunner body is okay for a figure like the Gunner, who's sole purpose is to sit and hold a giant gun controller. The problem is that it has no waist and limited arm articulation. Also, I think the hands are horribly sculpted, as he can't hold a weapon for ****. And if he can hold his gun, it's in some sort of funky sideways position. Not cool for a trooper who needs a lot of arm movement to kill a bunch of Jedi. :P

Darby:
The Gunner body will work fine for me.  With the leg joints, he's a lot more dynamic than the SA clone (save for the arm joints) and plus he has a removable helmet, which is always cool.

Jeff:
How can you guys tell it's the AT-TE Gunner body and not the #41 body?

It looks the same to me...  ???

SilverZ:
Take a look at the arms, Jeff. It's the preposed swivel arms from the Gunner.

You know, that has to be taken from early on. I mean, there was a ton of discussion on the figure at SDCC, and it seemed 100% that the figure was using the SA mold. I can't see why they'd change it like that.

I guess hate is a strong word to use for the Gunner. Yes, I like the hip articulation and think it should be standard on an SA figure. However, the figure is made of a softer plastic than the SA version, and he tends to not stand well without becoming bowlegged. The elbow sockets are cheap and awkward, and the swivel arms just are pointless and inferior to either the #6 or #41 versions. I just don't see the logic in reusing the mold here and a super-army builder.

Then again, they did show the Gunner body as the variant white clone in the Evo set, so logic doesn't seem to reign at Hasbro, does it?

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Tydirium on August 24, 2005, 11:29 PM ---Take a look at the arms, Jeff. It's the preposed swivel arms from the Gunner.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, now that I have my #38 and #41 in front of me to compare to the pictures, that right forearm and gaps inbetween the leg and pelvis make it seem an awful lot like the #38 body.   :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version