Community > Watto's Junk Yard

The MATRIX: Wachowski Brothers not so brilliant after all...

<< < (2/5) > >>

Rob:
I think in this instance sell-out is referring to their apparent plagerism.  I always say that if you're gonna rip off an idea - rip off a good one.

Rob:
By the way - is there a link to this story?

Bob Crane:
I agree that “The Matrix” isn’t that spectacular, although I must admit that when I saw it for the first time it did surpass my expectations (seeing as I’d seen Johnny Mneumonic- Gibson, forgive them… they know not what they do). As far as the Wachowski Bros. “Bound” remains their best film IMNSHO.

Zod, Here’s the link:

http://www.slccglobelink.com/main.cfm/include/detail/storyid/785067.html

Ps. I do however, feel compelled to re-affirm that this paints James Cameron as a thieving scoundrel as well, not that there was ever any doubt of that, case in point- Titanic wins academy award for “Best Production Design”… huh? Excuse me, but didn’t the art team just COPY  the original interior plans of the ship? Yah, I suppose it must be the work of a genius!

Angry Ewok:
The first Matrix was really good - but the other two sucking so bad made the first look like a fluke. Kind of like how everything George Lucas has touched since ANH has made ANH look like a fluke.

Rob:
Are we sure that article is reliable?  It's from some community college and I couldn't find any other mention of the story on google news.  I'd think something like that would be all over the place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version