Author Topic: jokabofe's customs updated 5/10 - Ultimate Vader and Anakin  (Read 17380 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: jokabofe's customs updated 5/10 - Ultimate Vader and Anakin
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2006, 10:30 PM »
Great work here jokabofe I always like it when you update.

I personally like the Anakin without that plastic/leather piece a bit more but I still think you made this look outstanding. 

It's hard to see what was really done on the Vader with his helmet on since we seem to get a lot of slighltly different versons of him now with similar sculpts but your description shows what great work you did.  He looks great and I'd buy this version in a heartbeat.

:)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2006, 11:12 PM »
I personally like the Anakin without that plastic/leather piece a bit more but I still think you made this look outstanding.

Personally, so do I. The problem that arose from that was that I wanted to use the AOTC Anakin arms, since they had the elbow articulation. For some bizarre reason, the AOTC and ROTS torsos are two different shades of brown, so when I kept the ROTS torso with the AOTC arms, the colors didn't match. I decided to go with the AOTC torso and arms, because I ran into problems with the shoulder joints paint rubbing off. I had already tried to make a ROTS Anakin out of a Red Leader Obi Wan, and when I painted the torso it just came off immediately whenever I would move the arms. So I opted for the AOTC torso and arms, since the colors matched. I'm thinking that I need to go and trim down the sash a little bit, it does look a bit big.

One other strange thing about the Evolutions Anakin torsos - neither of them had a seam on the sides. I tried to split the torsos in half, like I always do, to swap the legs and arms out. But when I boiled them, there were no seams to split. The arms and hip/legs just kinda snap in.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2006, 04:40 AM »
Great update to your work Dave...  I'm liking the "ultimates" of Anakin and Vader...

If you wanted, a 2nd "Sith Eyes" head for Anakin wouldn't be a bad idea for Jedi butt whippings.  Maybe a thought if you have an extra one?  I dunno.  These were hard sets to find for me.  The only one I ever saw at retail was overpriced at Suncoast till they went under and I got it on clearance...

I like the fabric robed body myself, my complaint with it though is that, between the two bodies, the ROTS Anakin's is bulkier and more Vader-ish looking while the AOTC one is a bit thinner build.

That said, I like them both, and the poseability of the AOTC body with the fabric is great to me, but that's just my opinion...  I like the poseability it gives you, not that the ROTS one is limited really.

The parts swapping on these is pretty seamless Dave, so I think you did a good job overall for what it is.  Robe isn't a bad idea...  Maybe a little work to make the hood lay down JUST right if you go that route...  Otherwise, not much suggestion from my end.  Nice work man, and good to see you still in the game.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77