Author Topic: Series 3  (Read 133817 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Power of the Kubricks!
« Reply #1215 on: January 22, 2005, 12:28 AM »
Looks like some great (surprise?) news for you Kubrickoholics...check out this news, if you haven't already.  Really wish I had the money to collect these, they continue to be quite cool 8).  This was a bit of a surprise, wasn't it?  I didn't see it mentioned previously anyways.

I dont think i have wanted a kubrick set before the way I want this one.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: January 22, 2005, 12:45 AM »
VERY COOL!
Can`t wait to get this puppy and open it.
I figure it will be at least 100$ though, right? Even more at first.  :(
This one`s gonna be hot!

Adam

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 22, 2005, 03:29 AM »
I gotta have that set.  This is the best set in the past 12 months at least IMO. 

If there is a sign up list for this one... please put me on it.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: January 22, 2005, 03:54 AM »

Sweet. Gotta have this set, I guessing it's in a window box. See thay made use of Greedo making him into Doda, another rehash.  :-\

$59.00 so yeah around the $100. mark it should go for, lots being released so it should not be hard to get.

Still I like this set, I'm in for one.  :)

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #1219 on: January 22, 2005, 04:05 AM »
The colors are amazing in this set.  I agree with Dan. This is the best one yet.

Limited to 2005 this time. Looks like 500 will be sold at a show and 1505 over then net. Actually, I haven't lost faith in the Medicom Collectors Club and i did manage to score a Leia in the lottery last time. It should get delivered here next month.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1220 on: January 22, 2005, 05:41 AM »
Simon, is your Leia from the original 500?  Or the latter 1,504 group?  Has that 1,504 come out yet?  I was thinking not quite the case yet.  I'm just curious to see how much the price on her drops when the supply suddenly quadruples...  I'd like to nab a cheap opener of her eventually, preferably for around the $25 that I got the R2 at...

Looks like that TRU boxset is unfortunately, and inexplicably, going in the other direction through.  Gonna make it tough for openers on that one!  Argh.

No sign-up list like last time either, folks.  This is a longshot lottery for this set, so Simon will be lucky enough just to land one set for himself.  Everyone for themselves this time, and may the best man/eBayer win (after Dale, of course).  Go me!   :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: January 22, 2005, 05:45 AM »
Everyone for themselves this time, and may the best man/eBayer win (after Dale, of course).  Go me!   :P

:P  Go Dale Warbucks !  :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: January 22, 2005, 06:29 AM »
Will they package it like my vinty set or go with the long box like the Speeder Bike & TRU 5 pack? Thoughts?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1223 on: January 22, 2005, 06:32 AM »
GH.com said something about the "original" Rebo Band...  I thought Boda was a SE character though...  Maybe I just misread that though, but I figured I'd chime in since I was curious about that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: January 22, 2005, 09:51 AM »
Pretty cool set.  Time to update the "collecting to do list"
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: January 22, 2005, 09:54 AM »

*Faints*  :o

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: January 22, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Will they package it like my vinty set or go with the long box like the Speeder Bike & TRU 5 pack? Thoughts?

I'd love to see them replicate the vintage box on this set. That would be awesome.

GH.com said something about the "original" Rebo Band... I thought Boda was a SE character though... Maybe I just misread that though, but I figured I'd chime in since I was curious about that.

Yeah, I thought the same thing Jesse. As far as I know, Doda was inserted into the Special Edition, and wasn't in the original. Why they would throw him in to this box set, but leave the other S.E. band members out, is beyond me. They should have made it either the original 3, or all 6. But instead they make 4? Unless they just really wanted to re-use the Greedo head/body, maybe they had a whole lot of extra Greedo figures made up that they didn't sell?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: January 22, 2005, 10:18 AM »
Unless they just really wanted to re-use the Greedo head/body, maybe they had a whole lot of extra Greedo figures made up that they didn't sell?

Nope, they didn't use any extra Greedo's that didn't sell. They used part of the existing molds for it just like the others. Someone in Medicom knows there SW stuff to make these figures.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: January 22, 2005, 11:06 AM »

I'd love to see them replicate the vintage box on this set. That would be awesome.

GH.com said something about the "original" Rebo Band... I thought Boda was a SE character though... Maybe I just misread that though, but I figured I'd chime in since I was curious about that.

Yeah, I thought the same thing Jesse. As far as I know, Doda was inserted into the Special Edition, and wasn't in the original. Why they would throw him in to this box set, but leave the other S.E. band members out, is beyond me. They should have made it either the original 3, or all 6. But instead they make 4? Unless they just really wanted to re-use the Greedo head/body, maybe they had a whole lot of extra Greedo figures made up that they didn't sell?

Maybe they are planning on making some of the others for regular release?

Adam

Offline artooa6

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: January 22, 2005, 11:23 AM »

That would be sweet if they packaged it like the vintage box.  Just put the Greedo in the lower left corner!

I love these things but they hurt my wallet so bad.