Author Topic: San Diego Comic Con 2004  (Read 35678 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2004 San Diego Comic Con
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2004, 09:15 AM »
just thought i would throw this in here:

A little surprised that nobody had discovered it yet, the GGS team let it slip early Thursday that there are special chase sets currently mixed in with the some 5,000 Spirit of the Rebellion Bust-Ups allotted for Comic Con. Roughly 500 of the packs currently being sold to winning ticket holders are in fact "glow-in-the-dark" variants. There are no limits to the number of Bust-Up sets fans can buy at the show, but you do need one winning raffle ticket per set. There are no markings on the boxes to indicate which version is inside, the only way to know for sure is to bust them out.

hey matt, can you pick me up 1 set of each  ;)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2004, 09:25 AM »
oh man, after checking out some other sites online, there's like another whole bunch of non-star wars exclusives that i didn't even know about. next year i have to plan better  >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2004, 11:07 AM »
Oh hell, if you've got that already, how about a biker scout playskool and a bust ups set for me too :-[  Well really, you're almost done anyway.  

I guess you're drinking for free at C@3, eh Matt? :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2004, 06:26 PM »
Matt, apparently there were 500 Spirit of the Rebellion Bust-Ups that glow in the dark as reported by Curto at RS.  :'(

Messa want both versions!  :'(

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2004, 06:41 PM »
Matt, apparently there were 500 Spirit of the Rebellion Bust-Ups that glow in the dark as reported by Curto at RS.  :'(

Messa want both versions!  :'(

hey!! i asked first (for once  :P) - but that means he would have to open all the boxes up and see which is which  :-\

just thought i would throw this in here:

A little surprised that nobody had discovered it yet, the GGS team let it slip early Thursday that there are special chase sets currently mixed in with the some 5,000 Spirit of the Rebellion Bust-Ups allotted for Comic Con. Roughly 500 of the packs currently being sold to winning ticket holders are in fact "glow-in-the-dark" variants. There are no limits to the number of Bust-Up sets fans can buy at the show, but you do need one winning raffle ticket per set. There are no markings on the boxes to indicate which version is inside, the only way to know for sure is to bust them out.

hey matt, can you pick me up 1 set of each  ;)

:-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2004, 06:47 PM »
Bastage! I'm drinking beer!  :P  
Yeah, Matt would have to open the boxes & there little plastic bags of doom to find out.

I say keep them sealed & Eny....Meany....Miny....Moe...  ;)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2004, 07:20 PM »
ooohhh matt  ;D

any way you can snag me one of these bad ass shirts?

i know i'm a pain in the ass and all, but i love ya!  :-*

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2004, 10:01 PM »
Well, at least I won't be the only one buying you beer at C3, that much is for sure. 8)

I like the eeny-meeny theory, but only after Matt has made sure he has the GITD set for himself and a regular set.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2004, 10:25 PM »
Well, at least I won't be the only one buying you beer at C3, that much is for sure. 8)

;D

hey, if it this con was on the east coast anywhere near where i live, i would be doing the same thing for all youse guys.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2004, 05:55 AM »
Well, these are cool for sure so far...

LucasArts- "Rupublic Commando" patch
Hasbro VOTC Figure Poster
Hasbro Galactic Heros Biker Scout (might have an extra, I've lost track)
Silver Sandtrooper x2 (I'm all out of passes to punch for these, so I'll see if I can get someone to help)
Any Star Wars Minatures promo's
Any Star Wars Heritage promo cards

But aren't you still planning on coming down today (Saturday), Ricardo?  LMK, 'cause I was planning on calling you and hooking up with you at SDCC, and swapping that Leia cup for the 2 General Landos...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 07:56 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2004, 07:12 AM »
Updated the list again tonight, with a few more things I managed to pick up for the gang today (still no Luke busts, sorry!), along with adding in some more requests from you folks...   :-*

ooohhh matt  ;D

any way you can snag me one of these bad ass shirts?

You've gotta be a little more specific than that Dave...  Like WHAT SIZE?!  Nevermind.  I see ya' PM'd it to me...  I think these cost $16 there.  Jared snagged one the other day, and I've been thinking about buying one too.

I didn't have a poster roll with me, so a lot of the VOTC posters might have some slight wrinkling on the top and bottom edges.  Sorry 'bout that, but it was kinda hard those first two days, when I was carrying around about 17 bags weighing a total of about 183 pounds!   :P

I'll see what I can do with the rest of that stuff.

- M
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 08:16 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2004, 09:14 AM »
Did you get a chance to look at the Master Replica stormie blaster yet??  Have fun...wish I was there  :'( :'(.

Didn't pay too much attention to the maquettes just yet Beth, but the MR Stormtrooper blaster was SWEET - pretty much identical to the real prop!  You can check out a couple nice pictures that Jared took for us here on our Master Replicas page.  You getting that AT-AT Beth?  Looks very nice...   8)

BTW, I assume everyone's aware of the prices of these things at the show...?  Just as an FYI, the GG Bust ups are $22 each, and the Silver Sandtrooper is $11 at the SWS.com booth.  Holler if you're curious on any other prices!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 09:31 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2004, 02:07 PM »
Thanks for the update Matt.

The 12" Vampire Angel is Sideshow/WETA.  Good luck.  And thanks.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2004, 08:26 AM »
Dale:  Silver Sandtrooper, GG Spirits "Bust-Ups" 4-pack (want glowing versions too), Galactic Heroes Biker Scout, VOTC figure poster, 3 Antonia Ellis autographs, Space: 1999 Chrome Eagle Transporter

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2004, 04:27 PM »
I'm sooo beat.  Got caught in the storms in Atlanta Sun eve. and didn;t get home until 3:30AM.

What a freaking blast!  As far as exclusives, I lucked out BIG time!  I scored a ST Luke bust on Thurs. with one ticket-no kidding!  While in line a guy had an extra bust-up tix. so I got one of those too(not a Glow I D one)

Got some biker scouts, some Wizards of the coast miniature ST(I heard they are doing a different miniature promo at all the summer cons ????  WOw that's pretty cool.

Grabbed the Hasbro poster and ran around trying to grab some handfuls of all the promo mdse.  (Jesse I'll have it all on display at my place Sat.)

As far as extras all are spoken for but I may have some surprises Sat.

I grabbed some autographed cardbacks(multiple) also a ton of autographed comics at Dark Horse-some original CW art, and  I even got an autraphed copy of the CW comic(the paperback type one that came out a few wks ago) that one of the guys signed "1st signed copy"  how cool is that?

Got my Hmmill autograph as well as Kirshner/Billy Dee-sweet-got a 2 for one deal Billy and Irvin on the same 8X10 that had them both in the pic.

2 more autographs on my 3'X4' poster-now back in it's frame, got the Sandra poster handout autographed, asn all the authors at the Del Ray booth.

All my silver troopers came back smashed-kinda like me on Sat. night ;~P

An absolute blast have about 4hrs. of footage from the con I'll have on my widescreen Sat as well.

LAter!

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)