Author Topic: McFarlane Sportspicks  (Read 195345 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: McFarlane Sportspicks
« Reply #630 on: August 14, 2005, 07:22 PM »
Let's put it this way, if it's two in the afternoon and you find a Thornton, it's the reg. ;)

Understood.   ;)

98% of sportspicks have a chase figure and the easiest way is to look at the back of the packaging.

Yikes, I thought that only 1 or 2 figures per wave had chases, not nearly all of them.  Kinda makes me glad I only collect the important ones (ie. all Boston Bruins  ;D).

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 15, 2005, 09:26 PM »
The packaging set up had the regular appearing to be the chase.

Happened with the Hasek in that wave also.

As far as chases go Jesse, McFarlane does not show chase figs, they only confirm them so basically most of us find out what the chases are when they either hit ebay or boardies find them.  Pretty lame if you ask me. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 15, 2005, 09:35 PM »
That's the other one, thanks Jason, I couldn't remember. 

I'm mostly really tired of the whole chase thing.  Soured on it a bit too.  First the 3rd Jersey Roy killed my whole complete goalie collection (which in turn destroyed most of the joy of collecting that stuff) and then the #13 Selanne.  Prior to that I had the best Selanne collection with my blue #13 custom.  Now there's a piece I  dont' own and believe me, I'm never paying that much for a toy like that.  Don't get me wrong, it's very cool, I'm just sad/jealous/bitter I don't own one ;)

I think the only figure I'm looking forward to currently is the Bobby Orr (maybe Don Cherry, but only if there's a chase piece).  I'll probably pick up a red Team Canada goalie so I have both jerseys, but with that I'll probably dump the white TC Brodeur.  Depends on what the chase is though. 

While I'm rambling, I'll still say I loved that NBA Legends lineup.  I can't think of a better overall lineup in a single series from McFarlane.  Walton was the weakest of the bunch, but still deserving of being in the line - I just didn't like the teen wolf look (accurate though it may be).  Bird, Erving and Chamberlain in the same lineup :o  Then rounding it out with legendary tough player Willis Reed and probably the most prolific scorer at a guard position and certainly one of the coolest - ahead of his time - players in Maravich, complete with a retro uniform.  Awesome.  Plus three retro jerseys total?  Too cool and all excellent choices.  Even better?  Erving's ball with the chase or the Hawks retro with "Pistol" on the back - totally ABA, a league 30 years ahead of its time. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 20, 2005, 12:07 AM »
NFL fans, rejoice!  I found the Dawkins/Vick 2-Pack today.  It's good to know that the NFL segment of the line is getting into gear for the new season.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 20, 2005, 12:20 AM »
I picked up 3" of Vick and Ray.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 20, 2005, 03:02 AM »
I picked up 3" of Vick and Ray.

Where at?  I need to grab the Peyton and LT.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 20, 2005, 03:15 AM »
Pico Rivera Target, I think they had 2 Peyton and 1 LT left.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 25, 2005, 12:29 AM »
The Target I'm training at put out 2 Yankees Randy Johnson, 2 Cards Larry Walker, 1 Mets Pedro and one O's Sosa chase (which I grabbed) this morning.  Only 2 Larry Walker left at the end of my training today.  They also had all the new NFL 3" series 2.  I grabbed a Peyton.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 27, 2005, 07:49 PM »
NFL Legends chases are being found.  So far we have:

no helmet Unitas   :o
white Elway
blue Aikman

Someone said something about a double-star Aikman, but no pics confirming it yet.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 27, 2005, 09:28 PM »
I saw the pic of the no-helmet Unitas.  Are we getting back into that again?  I'm certainly not going to get into that downward spiral of chasing after the no-helmets.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 27, 2005, 09:46 PM »
I saw the pic of the no-helmet Unitas.  Are we getting back into that again?  I'm certainly not going to get into that downward spiral of chasing after the no-helmets.

No, the NFL won't allow it.  I think it was simply because Unitas was famous for his flat-top.  It totally makes sense for his chase.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 31, 2005, 04:14 AM »
So are the NFL Legends showing up at just TRU right now? I need a Franco Harris. I also need a Ben Roethlisberger Reg and Chase whenever those start showing up.
I remember my dream now.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 1, 2005, 04:09 AM »
So are the NFL Legends showing up at just TRU right now? I need a Franco Harris. I also need a Ben Roethlisberger Reg and Chase whenever those start showing up.

TRU and GameStop.  Saw 2 Franco Harris at GS in Azusa today but they are $12.99 there.  Of course that case was cherry picked.  Only the chase was gone.   >:(  I'd grab one at TRU if I were you.  The next wave of regular NFL hits next month I believe. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 9, 2005, 02:25 PM »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 13, 2005, 10:50 PM »
Went to TRU this evening and they had new Legends. Unfortunately Mr. Harris was missing. I almost bought the Barry Sanders just cause he was a kick ass RB. But Im trying not to venture out of my Steelers collection.
I remember my dream now.