Author Topic: Hemble's Customs- Updated 01/04/2007 Rebel Commando  (Read 60665 times)

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - updated StarTrek The Gorn 26/10/2005
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2005, 10:17 PM »
Excellent work..i like use of Warhammer decal on tha fan-Fiction character of yours,nice stuff.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - Updated 28/10/2005 (7 Pics)
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2005, 02:56 AM »
Hi All

Well here it is my first ever 3-3/4 figure It is just a repainted Obi-Wan kenobi from the pilot Gear figure.

I used Games Workshop and Vallejo paints and added wash's and dry brush's to him let me know what you think. Also how do I get the link to directly to the next custom?

Ron

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:48 AM by hemble »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - Updated 28/10/2005 (7 pics)
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2005, 03:29 AM »
Sweet ****! You've done it again. I have always like that figure of Hasbro's, but seeing your repaint makes not like it as much. :P That is aboslutely amazing looking. I thin what really does it for me is the layering job on the skin, it makes it so much more realistic looking. I think the only advice I can give would be to add the little bits of grey to the sideburns and maybe give his hair a few more highlights, it its the flatest color on the body. Other than those two very minor quibbles that is one phenomonal figure. I'm really glad you are posting here again. :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 03:30 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2005, 04:25 AM »
Wow...just...wow!

I agree with SLC, the skin is amazing. I also love how much detail you brought out on his costume. If Hasbro's figure is a projection screen version, yours would be the fully digital theatre version!   ;D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2005, 07:06 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys always appreciate the feedback.

Ryan - I went of the ROTS visual dictionary and did'nt even notice the grey hair until I ask the wife did she like it and she said the same thing and she does'nt even like Star Wars that much how embarrissing is that ;D

Ron

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2005, 03:24 PM »
hemble that is really great.  if i wasn't so familiar with this figure i would never have thought you could get that much detail to come out of a 3 3/4 figure, it totally looks like i would have to be a 12 inch.  i would really love to see you do a version of the crispy Anakin and the Evo emperor.  if you can pull that much detail out of obi i'd really like to see your take on these other 2.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2005, 05:17 PM »
Damn, you put me to shame Hemble!  All of a sudden I'm not so happy with the one I made.

What really strikes me, more than the face, is how you got EVERY DETAIL in the sculpt of the costume to stand out.  Simply amazing.  If Hasbro could paint as well as they can sculpt, this figure would never peg warm.

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2005, 06:09 PM »
Thanks again guys

In the middle of doing a Clone Trooper at the moment always wanted to do a special ops or something like that.
And then I saw Chewie's Obi-Wan in Clone armour with his robes instead of the full armour and I'm also going to give that a go.

jedipurge - i would really love to see you do a version of the crispy Anakin and the Evo emperor.
jedipurge - I know the emperor figure your talking about which number is the fried Anakin

Chewie - Your customizing skills are outstanding... I'd love to see some 3-3/4" figures by you!
Chewie - If it was'nt for you I would'nt even be doing this scale figure you've got me hooked big time.

Chewie - Damn, you put me to shame Hemble!  All of a sudden I'm not so happy with the one I made.
Chewie - Comming from someone with your painting skills thats a real compliment thanks mate.

Ron
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 06:10 PM by hemble »

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2005, 06:22 PM »
Absolutely stunning hemble!  The paint apps are among the best for a 3 3/4" figure that I have ever seen.  I don't know what else to say other than I am completely floored by the great quality of this custom.  Awesome work, keep it up!

...wow.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - Updated 31/10/2005 (10 pics)
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2005, 09:05 PM »
Hi All

I have 2 new figures today the first is a Clone Trooper that I have done the base figure is the super articulated clone this is what I added to him.

CLONE TROOPER  SPECIAL OPS UNIT
1:visor made from plasticard and parts from the bits box which was then pinned in place so it could still move I also added plasticard aroun the top of the helmet and down the back.
2:The antenna is from a 1/72 scale machine gun and a 1/72 scale tank I repositioned them to sit upright.
3:The small backpack is an old sandtroopers bino's I ahd lying around I just cut the top off connected the troopers ariel mount to and and glued it in place.
4:The ammo pouches and holster are from some old 4" figures I had lying around the straps are pleather cut to size and I added a Han Solo pistol to the pouch the shoulder pad is from an old sandtrooper figure a friend gave ages ago I just cut it to the desired shape.
The whole figure was given a flat black wash then all excess apint removed the troopers colours are a dark green then the whole figure was drybrushed in whites, flat earth and browns to get the desired look.

YODA FROM EP-V THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK.

Yoda was hard to paint has I noticed that is skin tone had changed from each movie - ie ROTS is dark and ESB it was alot lighter I can only gather that it's due to his old age. So began with a dark green for the base colour and then started to high light using different greens till a got a skin tone I liked. The clothing was almost done excatly the same as Obi - Wan except I used a lighter brown for the base coat and then drybrushed it with bleached bone then khaki. The rest of his clothing was done in brown and then the whole figure was drybrushed.
 The base is from the figure I painted it dark brown and then started highlighting it with different browns, earths and khaki's till I got a natural lookthe leaves are from my diorama box I glued them on and gave them a wash of light brown.

Ron

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:51 AM by hemble »

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - Updated 31/10/2005 (13 pics) HIT LAST PAGE
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2005, 09:07 PM »
VERY nice paint apps.but I think the visor(?) on the clone needs a little reworking.A different sculpt maybe?
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - Updated 31/10/2005 (7 pics)
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2005, 09:13 PM »
Man am I glad you branched out into 3 3/4". Those are ******* awesome. The clone is very nicely weathered, he doesn't look overdone at all. The pauldron is excellent because it is different form the other kind of ROTS clone pauldrons we have seen. I really like the addition of the backpack as well.

While I'm absolutely blown away by the Yoda, it is the base that really does it for me. it is attention to detail like that that makes your customs so damn sweet. The painted sanke is perfect, the lines are straight. The highlighting on the rock makes it look so reallistic.

I'mk really looking forward to seeing more of your work. :)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: HEMBLE'S CUSTOMS - Updated 31/10/2005 (10 pics) HIT LAST PAGE
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2005, 09:35 PM »
Holy smokes... I can't believe how well you are at painting.  I'm totally blown away.  I would have to say that I think you may already be the best I've seen!

The goggles on the clone look a little different, but not bad.  Just different.  And his weathering looks so real it's like looking at a movie image.

The Yoda is great too.  And the base is unreal.  Looks like it's much larger than a 3-3/4" figure.  The detail is unlike anything I've seen!

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2005, 05:09 PM »
Thanks guys

Just waiting for some figures to arrive and then a few more repaints and a custom or 2.

Ron

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #89 on: November 1, 2005, 12:03 PM »
All great figures H, But i will say again how well th eobi wan paint aps are done.
They really bring out the details in the hasbro sculpt.

Great job.