Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416665 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1995 on: July 18, 2006, 04:42 PM »
Picked up Abomination today at Target putting to be Series 13

Putting to bed maybe?

Does anyone want four pieces of Onslaught (Pyro, Abom, Goblin, Loki)?  Alternately does anyone have the other two pieces they want to part with (Lady DS, Blackheart)?  Seems pretty pointless having these chunks of plastic about. 

Any word on when Series 14 is hitting regular retail?  Any sightings?  Not that I'm not enjoying sitting back and not buying anything, it's quite refreshing at the moment. 

Also of note is that the recent TRU/Amazon split resulted in me getting an email from the new TRU website indicating my previous order will not be fulfilled ::)  So in the epitome of combined customer service Amazon told me I was welcome to cancel my order and TRU did just that for me.  Tell me again how this is good customer service (even if it's really not surprising)?

Did anyone find or order Kang or Dragonman? 

And while I'm doing a brain dump, I note that the clear and flaming Skrull figures have dropped considerably in price on ebay, with only the Super Skrull commanding any sort of return financially these days. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1996 on: July 18, 2006, 09:09 PM »
I need the goblin & loki pieces...what do you want for them?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1997 on: July 18, 2006, 11:32 PM »
All yours and not much really.  I wanted the figs, the pieces are extra.  PM me.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1998 on: July 19, 2006, 09:30 AM »
The next Marvel Select figure was annouced, and it is Mephisto. Awesome news indeed. He has been on my want list for some time but never really expected to get him since he is pretty much the devil.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1999 on: July 19, 2006, 10:11 AM »
I really have to start tracking down some of those Marvel Selects that fit in nicely with Legends - Thanos and Watcher come to mind.  I guess Mephisto can be added to that list.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2000 on: July 19, 2006, 10:34 AM »
Yeah some of them fit in nicely. The ones i have picked up are:

Thanos
UATU the Watcher
She-Hulk
Venom w/ spider (best Venom ever in my opnion)

They fit in very nice with Marvel legends.

I also plan to pick up Cloack and Dagger as well as Moon Knight, and now Mephisto.

Here is a link

Mephisto

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2001 on: July 19, 2006, 01:37 PM »
I keep passing on She-hulk because I don't like the sculpt.  And while she is She-Hulk, she still seems to disproportionate to the other female characters. 

Thanos I have to snag yet.  I did grab the Watcher though.  Otherwise I have a hard time with them because of differences in scale. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2002 on: July 19, 2006, 01:49 PM »
I keep passing on She-hulk because I don't like the sculpt.  And while she is She-Hulk, she still seems to disproportionate to the other female characters. 

Thanos I have to snag yet.  I did grab the Watcher though.  Otherwise I have a hard time with them because of differences in scale. 

Agreed on the She Hulk.  She has to be coming in the Legends line, right?

I grabbed a Thanos today and I'm happy.  Might be a bit too tall but I always viewed Thanos as larger than the normal heroes.  Of course now that I bought him, I expect a ML Thanos to be revealed at SDCC.  I have no issues with Watcher's scale and Mephisto is a demon so I expect him to change size, so 7" is spot on I think.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2003 on: July 19, 2006, 02:01 PM »
Yeah, I was expecting Thanos as a BAF to be honest, I thought it was a perfect fit for that idea.  Same for the Watcher.  Both seemed a better fit in my mind than Apocalypse, especially after they released him in the regular line ???

There are some great figures in the Select line and the only reason I don't buy it is the scale difference.  There are also some spectacularly boobiferous figures like the Black Cat and Emma Frost.  The Select Black Cat was a much nicer figure than the one Legends released in the box set.  And I'm not specifically referring to the cleavage aspect either.  The facial sculpt was much better too.  I understand why the accessories and overall sculpt were better, the higher price could accomodate more work being put it, but the Legends Black Cat is disappointing.  I'm curious to see what they do with the Emma Frost version and if it's that much crappier as well. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2004 on: July 20, 2006, 09:34 AM »
TNI.com has lots of pictures up from upcoming Hasbro Marvel product (Spidey Origins, Marvel Legends, etc.).  Still sorting through the pics, but things don't look too bad to me.  Although people aren't crazy about the new costume, the upcoming "Iron Spidey" figure looks pretty good.  I'm kind of looking forward to some of those Legends as well, and it looks like we might get a look at "Series 2" from Hasbro on Friday, according to a table marker.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2005 on: July 20, 2006, 02:11 PM »
Hasbro is releasing a Playskool line for Marvel.  Over at TNI you can see Daredevil, Elektra, Spidey, etc.

Also strange that Hasbro will be releasing a Mego Line (Signature Series).  Toybiz did this a few years ago and the line really did not catch on.  At TNI they show Spidey, Daredevil, Green Goblin.  They look quite similar to the short lived Toybiz line, Famous Covers.  Hopefully they will be the same scale.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2006 on: July 20, 2006, 11:23 PM »
Took a gander over at TNI and I'm ok with the new wave of figs (Banshee, Emma, etc) but I'll be saving some coin when the first villains wave rolls out from these guys ::)  I might buy the repaint of the hobgoblin, but beyond that, no thanks.  Many of those same figures are currently clogging the pegs up here at Walmart from the original release, so there's no need for me to gather up any of those.  Hope they don't plan on just rehashing all the other stuff again too. 

Mego-esque stuff was funny though.  I could see myself snagging a spiderman from that line.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2007 on: July 21, 2006, 12:14 AM »
Take a walk back to TNI and look at the Toybiz section for MArvel Legends. It seems like they plan to release a WHOLE LOT more before Hasbro takes over. Alot of stuff never mentioned before.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2008 on: July 21, 2006, 08:50 AM »
Marvel Legends shown last night at a private show

Astonishing Cyclops
She-Hulk
Yellowjacket
Quick Silver
Xorn
First Appearance Storm
Cosmic Marvel Girl
X3 Jean Grey
Danger Room (Build a set?)
Lord Asgard Thor
Build A Figure Blob
Ultimate Wolverine
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 09:05 AM by OCB »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2009 on: July 21, 2006, 08:52 AM »
With that it whittles the wishlist even more....here's who's left and really, of this list I only really really want Black Knight

Black Knight

Molecule Man

Captain Marvel (Photon)

Klaw

Wrecking Crew (Wrecker, Thunderball, Bulldozer, Piledriver)