Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416599 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2055 on: August 11, 2006, 09:25 AM »
Hokay, I'll start looking for a box that will accomodate this.  Unless you're ok with fabricated boxes and bubble wrap to protect.  I make a mean custom box.  Looks like crap, protects great.

Yeah thats fine as long as its protected is what really matters. Thanks man  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2056 on: August 11, 2006, 10:17 AM »
Anyone need a variant Crown of Lies Loki?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2057 on: August 11, 2006, 03:52 PM »
So has anyone picked up any of the Icons figures yet?  I personally haven't seen them around here quite yet, but from the reviews/comments I'm reading online, they must look pretty amazing in person.  I'm definitely planning on picking up the Spidey from Series 3, and I'm on the fence about the rest of them for now.  I don't really have the room for them, but thought they might be neat to have in a nice glass display similar to what people are doing with Sideshow figures.  At around $15, from what I've read, the price doesn't seem too bad.  Of course, I've got enough 6" figures the way it is, so I don't necessarily need to re-buy them all either.  Just curious if anyone is interested in this line, has seen it, or is picking up just your favorite(s)?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2058 on: August 12, 2006, 03:46 AM »
The only one I've seen is the unmasked Cap at Target. I was surprised to see it was only $15. I thought these were going to cost about $20.

I doubt I'll buy them, though.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2059 on: August 12, 2006, 09:08 AM »
They are all over here. The only one that seems to be tough here is the masked Wolverine. I am starting to think he is the variant. I have not bought any of them. Probably won't. It was a consideration until I got the RAH Symbiote Spider-Man and pre-ordered Spider-Man, Venom, and Carnage.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2060 on: August 14, 2006, 10:02 AM »
I have debated getting the ICON Wolverine, but will most likely pass. Marvel Legends 6" is bad enough. I don't need to be adding to that line. I am attempting to cut stuff out.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2061 on: August 14, 2006, 02:38 PM »
According to some posts on the Fwoosh forums, it sounds like the third series of X-Men figures might be starting to trickle in - if anyone is interested.  From what I understand, they are being found at Wal-Mart so far.  Our local WM store hasn't carried the line so far, but the last time I was there they were in the middle of a reset and looked like they were expanding their action figure section so maybe they will pick it up.  Also, Star Wars was moved to the back/end of the aisle at our local store, with a pretty small section.  Anyways, just a heads up just in case you might be looking for X-men figures - they might be on the way soon.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2062 on: August 14, 2006, 02:51 PM »
This would be the third wave of the movie series?  Lots of nicer stuff in that line I believe, with the various Iceman figures, Rogue and a couple of villains as well.  The only one I was after was the newer version of Rogue, but after having finally seen X3 (for $2.00) I'm not sure what the motivation for this figure is in relation to the movie.  I never saw that uniform and her role was rather diminished, at least from an action standpoint. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2063 on: August 14, 2006, 06:42 PM »
I just want the Bobby Drake figure. I hope i find one. Maybe Avalanche is a come across one, but i am not going crazy for it.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2064 on: August 15, 2006, 03:32 PM »
I just want the Bobby Drake figure. I hope i find one. Maybe Avalanche is a come across one, but i am not going crazy for it.

I want the Bobby Drake as well. I have seen Juggernaught finally and wasn't impressed.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2065 on: August 18, 2006, 10:38 PM »
I finally got the other Face Off sets i wanted. I got the regular Hulk and Daredevil sets. All in all, I have them all except for the variant Hulk set (if i see it i will pick it up) and the regular Cap set (which i do not want)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2066 on: August 19, 2006, 05:07 AM »
I've still never seen those Face-Off packs. My local WMs are quite sucky (in more manners than just toy stocking) so I'm not at all surprised.

I only really wanted the regular DD/Kingpin set, but I'm not that harried about it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2067 on: August 24, 2006, 08:30 PM »
Like i mentioned above, if i saw the variant Hulk set with the long head Leader I would pick it up, so that's what i did. Still no luck on the the series 13 variants.  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2068 on: August 25, 2006, 02:11 AM »
Well, the Walmart exclusive series is now here at TRU in Canada ::)  Of course due to its popularity they are limiting purchases to two per person per visit.  Whee.  Thanks again Scott for saving me this grief.

Also my comic dude, who's a bit of an odd duck at times, came through with Kang and Dragon Man for cheaper than I could possibly hope to find them.  Of course to counter that he was unable to get the Hulk/Leader and DD/Kingpin sets in.   :-\  Fortunately one of the usual suspects in MN helped out as I suspected when they came and went down south we wouldn't see them either.

No luck for me on 13 either, but I only want a maskless Goblin anyway.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2069 on: August 28, 2006, 01:23 AM »
Big surprise at the Super Target in Fargo this weekend :o  No, not Series 14, rather they had a single case of the new Spiderman wave that contains Super Kick Spiderman, Spider Sense Spiderman, Flame & Launch Mad Jack, Stealth Venom and Dual Blast Shocker with Vibro Shock Action.  There were two Mad Jack, one Shocker and three Venom plus the spidermen in the case. 

I snagged one each of Jack and Shocker.  Not so sure I'm keen on how these are becoming action feature laden but they're not bad figures.  Shocker has a twist knob on his back to make him vibrate (hide him from the wife) and Mad Jack's head lights up.  The latter is kinda cool, the former not so much.  Venom was fine for being Venom, but I've seen too many globs of clear goo of late. 

They also had the wave of X-men figures but it was only a partial wave 3 by the looks of things.  Colossus looks like crap :o  Nightcrawler is meh, I prefer the ML version by far.  The only iceman in the case was the icy version that looks a lot like the original ML version.  Sabertooth didn't look so hot either and I can't recall who else was in the assortment, I think a few rehashes from the earlier waves.  Certainly no Bobby Drake, Rogue :'( , Avalanche or any others. 

Some icons around including no mask Cap but I passed on those.  The famous covers stuff has been in the same place for three months now, so I'd guess that line will come to a rapid end. 

Also saw more of the face off two packs, but just old stock with only DD/Kingpin and Hulk/Leader regular versions to be found. 

Productive week for me in finding Mad Jack, Shocker, Dragonman and Kang. :)