Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416534 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2070 on: August 28, 2006, 04:24 PM »
Congrats on the finds Brent.  I hope those show up around here soon too, I'm really looking forward to Shocker (in spite of the action feature).  I'll probably try to pick up Mad Jack as well, but I don't know about that "stealth" Venom.  Its disappointing to hear that the X-Men Colossus looks like crap.  I already have the ML version, but I'm a fan of Colossus in general (and of Astonishing), so I thought about picking it up.  Hearing that, we'll have to see though.

I had my first sighting of the Icons at our local WM a week or two ago, with two figures (Unmasked Cap and regular Wolverine).  They were gone within two days, and I haven't seen them anywhere else yet.  Part of me would like to collect these, because they do look nice, but I don't have anywhere to put them.  I hope to pick up the Spidey, and maybe any Spidey-related ones.  We'll see.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2071 on: August 28, 2006, 05:21 PM »
You might still like Colossus.  I was comparing it to the ML version, which still blows me away at how well they did it.  I didn't have the ML version with me, but this version seemed smaller and more cartoony.  I'm interested to hear your opinion when you see it. 

The stealth Venom would be a good fit for fans of Venom, but I'm happy owning a single version (even if there's a second somewhere in the house I refuse to acknowledge).
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2072 on: August 28, 2006, 07:54 PM »
  I didn't have the ML version with me, but this version seemed smaller and more cartoony. 

I thought this Colossus was just a rehash of the previous ML one, just slightly modified (new shoulder pads for example).  I don't have both to compare (or even seen the new one), but the new one being smaller would surprise me.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2073 on: August 28, 2006, 11:22 PM »
It sure looked that way and the colors were much more vibrant.  I'll wait and see what others think.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2074 on: August 29, 2006, 09:50 AM »
The Fwoosh released their results of their most recent on-line wishlist...

http://www.fwooshnet.com/content/view/194/1/

1 Black Bolt
2 Black Knight
3 Polaris
4 Jean Grey, Marvel Girl, Phoenix
5 Nova
6 Sunfire
7 Jubilee
8 Gladiator
9 Adam Warlock
10 Silver Samurai
11 Dazzler
11 Tigra
13 Ultron
13 Valkyrie
15 Crimson Dynamo
16 Cannonball
17 Blink
18 Madrox the Multiple Man
18 Terrax
20 Namor

BAF: Fin Fang Foom

Of those, I'd buy only these:

1 Black Bolt
2 Black Knight
11 Dazzler
11 Tigra
13 Ultron
13 Valkyrie
20 Namor

Even looking at the top 50, there is probably only 5-6 more I'd buy.  To me the line is really almost complete with the first two Hasbro Waves and Toy Biz Wave 15.  They really did a lot of cool stuff this last year and nailed a lot of home runs.  I really want a Black Knight though, the rest would be gravy train.  Oh, and here's how I voted:

1. Black Bolt
2. Black Knight
11. Tigra
28. Enchantress
32. Wrecker
46. US Agent
69. Klaw
74. Photon
175. Molecule Man
268. Beyonder

BAF: Goliath

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2075 on: August 29, 2006, 10:04 AM »
Would purchase:

2 Black Knight
3 Polaris
9 Adam Warlock
10 Silver Samurai
11 Dazzler
11 Tigra
13 Ultron

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2076 on: August 29, 2006, 10:09 AM »
Even looking at the top 50, there is probably only 5-6 more I'd buy.  To me the line is really almost complete with the first two Hasbro Waves and Toy Biz Wave 15.  They really did a lot of cool stuff this last year and nailed a lot of home runs.

That's a good point Scott.  This has really been (and continues to be) a great line, but I'm wondering how much further it can go.  Of course, there are always more characters (and probably redone main characters) that can be done, but really the whole "Universe" is fleshed out pretty well at this point.  I'd probably be interested in about a handful of figures on that list as well, but I'm getting to the point that I'm pretty satisfied with the lineup.  Sure, there are always some things on our individual wishlists (Spidey's supporting cast - MJ/May/Gwen/Robbie/JJJ), but as far as realistic expectations on character selection - we're getting close.  They are knocking out some glaring holes in the lineup with ML 15 and the first couple Hasbro wave (like you mentioned), but beyond that they're going to really have to start digging deeper for new characters.  It will be interesting to see where the line is heading beyond that.  It is one of my favorite collections, but it is starting to get to the point of "do I really need this character?" because I know next to nothing about some of them.  I guess it would be ok to have one less thing to buy though, I know my wife would appreciate it :P.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2077 on: August 29, 2006, 10:11 AM »
It looks like Kang and Dragon Man are currently in stock at TRU.com, for $8.99 each.  Decent deal for anyone who is interested, since they are so tough to find.  Our stores don't even carry the Fantastic Four line, aside from the one Mr. Fantastic on clearance at TRU :).

Of that list, I'd probably pick up these - though I'd be on the fence with a couple:

1 Black Bolt
5 Nova
8 Gladiator
10 Silver Samurai
11 Dazzler
11 Tigra
13 Ultron
20 Namor
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 10:19 AM by Brian »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2078 on: August 29, 2006, 11:03 AM »
It looks like Kang and Dragon Man are currently in stock at TRU.com, for $8.99 each.  Decent deal for anyone who is interested, since they are so tough to find.  Our stores don't even carry the Fantastic Four line, aside from the one Mr. Fantastic on clearance at TRU :).

I tried multiple times and couldn't get either one of them in my shopping cart  >:(

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2079 on: August 29, 2006, 11:09 AM »
It is interesting to note that if this is the most wanted of Marvel Legends pieces that there are some on this list that have already been made.

13   Ultron
20   Namor
28   Taskmaster
31   Beast
32   Magneto
50   Rogue

Of the top 50, here are the only ones that I would be interested in.

3   Polaris
4   Jean Grey, Marvel Girl, Phoenix
6   Sunfire
7   Jubilee
8   Gladiator
10   Silver Samurai
11   Dazzler
16   Cannonball
17   Blink
18   Madrox the Multiple Man
21   Guardian
23   Warpath
25   Spiral
26   Northstar
27   Forge
36   Sauron
37   Firestar
39   Puck
39   Thunderbird
39   Vindicator
44   Morph

Of the Build A Figures here is the list that I would be interested in.

Nimrod
Holocaust
Shadow King - depending on sculpt (Giant floating head demond)
Master Mold
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2080 on: August 30, 2006, 12:02 PM »
  I didn't have the ML version with me, but this version seemed smaller and more cartoony. 

I thought this Colossus was just a rehash of the previous ML one, just slightly modified (new shoulder pads for example).  I don't have both to compare (or even seen the new one), but the new one being smaller would surprise me.

You know, I was just looking through the latest issue of Toyfare and the Colossus pictured there does indeed look just like a rehash (if not exactly the same) as the ML version.  But the one I saw in Target didn't look like that.  It was definitely shorter and the colours were more vibrant/cartoony.  The facial sculpt was different too.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2081 on: August 30, 2006, 02:27 PM »
The production pieces always look a little different (and from what I understand, the Colossus does differ from this picture), but just for comparison's sake - from ToyBiz's site:

"New" X-Men Series 3 Version:

Marvel Legends Series 5 Version:

From what I understand, the new version is supposed to be the "Astonishing X-Men" version of Colossus.  In the comic, his look is slightly different, although not much.  Smoother shoulder pads and things like that, which I believe the newer figure might have.  These haven't shown up here yet, but thanks to Brent's post I did find Shocker and Mad Jack at our local Target today.  I passed on the Stealth Venom, but was able to pick up the others.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2082 on: August 30, 2006, 02:32 PM »
I'd say they're the same sculpt (with minor differences) based on what Brian posted.  Was it possible that the one you saw was a switcheroo, Brent?  Although I don't recall any recent Colossuseses anywhere close to the detail the ML sculpt has and some older Colossus figure repackaged would have been blatently obvious.

Edit-

Here's the more recent Colossus.  Face looks a little different but height wise it looks ok.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 02:39 PM by Mikey D »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2083 on: August 30, 2006, 02:46 PM »
That picture you provided is basically what I saw Mikey.  I agree the face looks different but it just seemed smaller.  Maybe it was just the way it was in the package?  I dunno, maybe I'm just insane. 

Either way, I didn't buy it.  I probably would have if I didn't have the ML version. 

Thanks for the pictures guys.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2084 on: August 30, 2006, 02:49 PM »
  I dunno, maybe I'm just insane. 

Yeah, that's probably it.