Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 201307 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #825 on: February 20, 2008, 11:09 PM »
Thanks for the info and pics Paul!  I don't even remember what the MASS is, but I'll take it.  Had no idea there were more pieces to it.

The "build-a" Mass Device is AWESOME.  All they had were the pieces show in that pic, but the concept is fantastic.

The little cart with the samples of sand, water, etc is probably my favorite part of the whole thing... :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #826 on: February 21, 2008, 02:19 AM »
The little cart with the samples of sand, water, etc is probably my favorite part of the whole thing... :)

Same here Jeff... you just don't see accessories like that enough in any toy line.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #827 on: February 21, 2008, 12:05 PM »
I'm pretty psyched by the accessory pieces that are coming in this line.  I'm really looking to not buy much of the GI Joe line but I keep seeing photos of figures and stuff that I'd love to own.

Maybe I'll end up using that summer hiatus of Star Wars to collect the Joe stuff.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #828 on: February 21, 2008, 03:13 PM »
The Joe line is the only reason I am not bitching anymore about the new crappy CW line. not collecting that line will not make me feel bad buying heavy into this line. I am more excited about the Joe offerings this year than Star Wars.

If they make a figure of the Vwiper this will be the coolest line of all time!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #829 on: February 21, 2008, 03:22 PM »

What's a Vwiper?  The standard Viper coming out soonish.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #830 on: February 22, 2008, 07:11 PM »
Scored the wave 3 comic packs last night. Tomax and Xamot are fantastic.

I also found wave 4, so I bought a set of that too. I spent about $70 on toys last night.  :P
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #831 on: February 22, 2008, 10:27 PM »
Scored the wave 3 comic packs last night. Tomax and Xamot are fantastic.

I also found wave 4, so I bought a set of that too. I spent about $70 on toys last night.  :P

They seem to be showing up more frequently now - I finally saw them yesterday and twice to boot.  Tomax & Xamot look sweeeeeeet.  Ace & Wild Weasel look to be good as well...can't wait to get them open but I'm moving next week and trying to cut down on loose toys.

John

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #832 on: February 23, 2008, 01:04 AM »
I have a feeling this wave will stick around for a bit. I've already seen this wave 3 more often than I've seen the second wave.

I think I'm going to buy a second set of Tomax & Xamot to keep MOC. When I noticed that mirrored packaging, I almost squealed like a schoolgirl on helium.  ::) :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #833 on: February 26, 2008, 10:03 AM »
I picked up the Ace/Wild Weasel comic pack this weekend at WM.  I was hoping to find the Tomax/Xamot one as well, but they were already gone.  That's the main Joe item I'm on the lookout for at this point, as the single figure pegs here are fairly full of Wave 2ish figures (particularly at our local WM).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #834 on: February 26, 2008, 12:05 PM »
Word on the street is that w6 is hitting WM.  I sure wish Target would start stepping it up.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #835 on: February 26, 2008, 12:22 PM »
I don't think my WM has had any single carded figures since they started carrying the line.  Target had some, the last of which (Shipwreck) sold out about 2 or 3 weeks ago and they haven't restocked since.

When WM first added pegs for comic and single packs they stocked some wave 2 comic packs.  I got Breaker/Destro and the Dreadnoks that day.  Since then I haven't seen anything beyond wave 1.  Target is so packed with them it'll be a while before they get more.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #836 on: February 27, 2008, 12:11 AM »

What's a Vwiper?  The standard Viper coming out soonish.

The Vwiper...  Isss coming... 

Then that f'n obnoxious Boston accent from Barbecue...  Good god.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #837 on: February 27, 2008, 11:14 AM »
The repack wave (Duke, Scarlett, Roadblock, Gung Ho) is really pegwarming... too many Joe repacks, not enough Cobras.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #838 on: February 27, 2008, 11:17 AM »
I just found that repack wave at Wal-Mart last night.  Scarlett, Gung Ho, Roadblock and Cobra Commander.  I think that's all that was left.  I didn't check Gung Ho to see if he had any changes to the leg articulation, though.  The 5-pack version that I have is really loose so I thought about buying another one but didn't feel like spending the scratch.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #839 on: February 27, 2008, 11:46 AM »
The repack wave (Duke, Scarlett, Roadblock, Gung Ho) is really pegwarming... too many Joe repacks, not enough Cobras.

Ya lots of w4 in my neck of the woods.  Wish the other waves were as plentiful and hung around this long.  Still plenty of hooded Cobra Commanders, Stalker, and Shipwrecks.

I didn't check Gung Ho to see if he had any changes to the leg articulation, though.  The 5-pack version that I have is really loose so I thought about buying another one but didn't feel like spending the scratch.

I picked up the carded version...Swapped heads (wanted to keep the original hat) and returned him.  There are no changes in the articulation, but the carded version's legs are a bit tighter compared to the 5pk version, though not by much.