Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 201182 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #885 on: March 10, 2008, 07:34 PM »
Both the Cobra Officer and Trooper were updated and had a hole added to their back.  Not sure exactly when the change occurred so there very well could be some out there in newish cases without the holes. 

I noticed on the Stalker figures that you could sometimes see the hole in the reflection from the mirrored cardback so that might be a way to check in stores.  I just saw some Officers and Troops at K-Mart over the weekend but didn't check for that variant.

The other way to know may be to check the date on the cardback.  If someone has posted on a forum somewhere with date info it might help.  Check YoJoe.com or GI Joe club at gijoeclub.com.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #886 on: March 11, 2008, 01:13 PM »
Hasbrotoyshop.com has the Tamox / Xamot comic pack wave in stock right now.  Use DISC10 for 10% off.

Won't last long...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #887 on: March 11, 2008, 01:20 PM »
Hasbrotoyshop.com has the Tamox / Xamot comic pack wave in stock right now.  Use DISC10 for 10% off.

Won't last long...

Thanks for the heads up Mikey, that's one of the main Joe items I wanted to be sure to pick up (and couldn't find).

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #888 on: March 11, 2008, 07:45 PM »
Drilling the hole wouldn't be too hard if you really wanted that Dr. P.  Just match a bit up to the diameter of the pack's peg and drill with a steady hand, voila.  Just a thought is all.

A steady hand is the trick with me, as my nervousness makes my hand shake even when I'm calm.  :-\

That said, I bit the bullet and bought a Cobra Officer today at TRU (it was the last one anyone had), and luckily it was one of the hole-in-the-back variety.  I attempted efranks' tip on looking in the reflection, but the light in TRU was so bad I couldn't make it out.  Holding a flashlight to it when I got home did the trick, though, so thanks for that suggestion! :)

Hopefully there won't be a rush on Air Troopers by tomorrow morning at Wal-Mart and I'll be able to pick up an extra one of those to do the switch with.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #889 on: March 11, 2008, 11:34 PM »
I'm at 10 loose Cobra Troopers and 10 loose Crimson guard right now so I think I'm about done army building which includes the extras I have from a few clearanced Legions packs.  I really wish that Hasbro would card the Cobra Driver.  I wouldn't mind a few more to add to my ranks.

No luck on the TRU 5 packs in my part of the woods yet...Nor has Target bothered to restock any comic packs other that w1 and just some smatterings of w4 & w5 of the carded figs.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #890 on: March 13, 2008, 02:47 PM »
New stuff seems to be popping up more frequently, I am sure the TRU BP's will not be too hard to find. You are not missing anything you do not already have. The BP's are all repaints, this line reuses the same bodies so many times they need to get more fresh blood in there. Don't get me wrong I love it. I only say this because I just noticed Wild Weasel and Snow Job share the same body and I have had enough of Snake Eyes. He is the Vader of this line.

I am up to 12 Cobra Troopers, 3 Cobra Officers, 2 Cobra Drivers, 4 Jetpack Troopers, 3 Elites 8 Crimson Guards. I am starting to get out of hand so I think I will cool off the army building somewhat. when the vehicles hit I am in deep **** because I know I will get sucked in........anyone know when they start hitting retail?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #891 on: March 13, 2008, 03:01 PM »
New stuff seems to be popping up more frequently, I am sure the TRU BP's will not be too hard to find. You are not missing anything you do not already have. The BP's are all repaints, this line reuses the same bodies so many times they need to get more fresh blood in there. Don't get me wrong I love it. I only say this because I just noticed Wild Weasel and Snow Job share the same body and I have had enough of Snake Eyes. He is the Vader of this line.

I am up to 12 Cobra Troopers, 3 Cobra Officers, 2 Cobra Drivers, 4 Jetpack Troopers, 3 Elites 8 Crimson Guards. I am starting to get out of hand so I think I will cool off the army building somewhat. when the vehicles hit I am in deep **** because I know I will get sucked in........anyone know when they start hitting retail?

Against my will....I picked up another Cobra Trooper and x2 Crimson Guards this morning.   ::)

I'm passing on the TRU Ninja pack, but I really dig the color scheme on those Cobra Troopers so I think I'll be good with 2 packs of those.

I was wondering the same thing about the vehicles.  I would think that they would hit in time for Target's reset next week, but I doubt it.  I sure hope that we get hit with a few treats come time for Comicon.  I would love to see some of the larger vehicles at retail before this line dies out.  I've almost pounced on a few on eBay since this line started, but so far I've held back.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #892 on: March 14, 2008, 11:38 AM »
I've almost pounced on a few on eBay since this line started, but so far I've held back.

Good for you! That's where this can get dangerous. I made a personal pact with myself - only buying stuff WITHIN the 25th line. I do not think this line will die as quick as everyone thinks, it's selling very well and there are so many more iconic characters to make. Maybe this will get phased out for the movie crap. (I am still cringing on how this movie will sell out what G.I.Joe really is - A REAL AMERICAN HERO)

My top 10 Joe wants are:
1. Sgt. Slaughter
2. Alpine
3. Bazooka
4. Dusty
5. Mutt & Junkyard
6. Blowtorch
7. Airtight
8. 86' Hawk
10. Wetsuit

Top 10 runner ups
1. Scrap Iron
2. Dial Tone
3. Life-Line
4. Barbecue
5. Dr. Mindbender
6. Lowlight
7. Cover Girl
8. Footloose
9. Mainframe
10. Monkeywrench
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 11:38 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #893 on: March 14, 2008, 02:21 PM »
Nice lists JoT... here's some I'd like to see -

Dusty
Grunt
Cobra Eels
Short-Fuze
Bazooka
Scrap Iron
Barbeque
Cutter
Snow Serpent
Leatherneck
Zandar
Zarana
Outback
Road Pig
Hit & Run
Iron Grenadier
Recondo
Cover Girl
Crazy Legs
Tele-Viper
Cobra Viper Pilot (air glider)
Rock N Roll Version 2
Cobra Commander w/ removable mask

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #894 on: March 14, 2008, 02:29 PM »
Yeah, Eels were badass.  Add my votes for Blowtorch, Leatherneck, Lowlight, Dusty, and Recondo.

I used to think Tele-Vipers were kind of cool, but they're really just evil nerds, aren't they?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 02:30 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #895 on: March 14, 2008, 03:09 PM »
Even though I'm not buying...  I'd love to see:

-Airborne...  Highly underrated character, and my favorite as a kid.
-Ripcord (Working parachute like the BBI figures have)
-Recondo
-Dusty
-Lowlight (how insanely awesome would this figure turn out today?)
-Mainframe
-Covergirl
-Glider Grunt (with a new foam Glider)
-Glider Cobra (with a new foam Glider)
-Leatherneck
-Alpine
-Bazooka
-Blowtorch
-Eels (great choice)

I'd like to see some more drivers too...  Cutter, Deep Six...  Off the top of my head some names are slipping my mind too, but I'd like the bridge layer's driver, the HAVOC's driver, the Conquest X-30 Pilot (Slipstream I believe), the Firebat Pilot, the Black Cobra Jet's pilot, etc. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #896 on: March 14, 2008, 09:23 PM »
The bridge-layer (a.k.a. the "Toss N Cross") driver's name was Tollbooth.  I have never in my life confessed this to anyone, but when I was a little kid, I had the Toss N Cross but I lost Tollbooth.  I knew there was no way my mom would buy me another vehicle (and if she did, who could drive the spare, as only Tollbooth had a hard hat?).  So once when we were at a store, I stuck my little fingers in and stole a Tollbooth out of a box.

I swear I would've bought him if I could have. 

I've always felt guilty about that, and I can honestly say it's the only thing I've ever stolen in my whole entire life.

So I also hope Hasbro releases Tollbooth on a card, just so I can buy him and then sneak him back onto the shelves.

Also, I'd like Slipstream because he was the only Joe from my home state of Utah.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #897 on: March 15, 2008, 11:49 AM »
Hmm, my top 10 wants...

01.  Ripcord (one of my favorite figures as a kid)
02.  Airborne (like Jesse, probably my favorite figure as a kid)
03.  Cobra Eels
04.  Wet Suit (version 1)
05.  General Hawk (version 2; the first single carded version)
06.  Scrap Iron
07.  Alley Viper (just because I never did find the vintage one as a kid)
08.  Tunnel Rat
09.  Dial Tone (version 1)
10.  Low Light (version 1)

And at least 10 runners up...

11.  Snow Serpents
12.  Alpine
13.  Airtight
14.  Blowtorch
15.  Hit & Run
16.  Dr. Mindbender
17.  Serpentor (vintage style)
18.  Short Fuze
19.  Iron Grenadier
20.  Grand Slam (silver deco, with JUMP jet pack, on a single card)

Off the top of my head some names are slipping my mind too, but I'd like the bridge layer's driver, the HAVOC's driver, the Conquest X-30 Pilot (Slipstream I believe), the Firebat Pilot, the Black Cobra Jet's pilot, etc. 

As Sprry said, the Bridge Layer's driver was Tollbooth, and the rest were as follows:

-HAVOC:  Cross Country
-Conquest X-30:  Slipstream
-Firebat:  A.V.A.C.
-Night Raven Pilot:  Strato-Viper

:)

Personally, I'd love to see either of the first two versions of Deep Six in addition to the 20 I listed above.  I can't imagine how cool either would be with the updates in sculpting and articulation of this line.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #898 on: March 15, 2008, 11:08 PM »
All of these lists just puts a big smile on my face.  I hope Hasbro is listening and starts cranking out more great characters before this line is put into the grave.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #899 on: March 16, 2008, 12:08 PM »
Tunnel Rat and Snow Serpent, now there's two fantastic ideas.  I'd love either of those.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77