Author Topic: The Black Series 3.75" - Wave 7  (Read 45949 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Black Series 3.75" - Wave 7
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 01:57 PM »
Dutch preorder sold out but yet aren't there people whining Reb pilots don't sell?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 03:11 PM »
Dutch preorder sold out but yet aren't there people whining Reb pilots don't sell?

It's all of those Rosey LaRose fans who are scooping up the new Dutch Vanders.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 05:24 PM »
Interesting side note to your post is the listing for a TBS Imperial Navy Commander.  I'm wondering if this is a straight-up reissue of the 2012 TVC figure or perhaps a repaint to honor the vintage Death Squad Commander?

According to JTA's Q&A with Hasbro reps, it's just a straight repack (same with the RFT).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 03:23 PM »
Interesting side note to your post is the listing for a TBS Imperial Navy Commander.  I'm wondering if this is a straight-up reissue of the 2012 TVC figure or perhaps a repaint to honor the vintage Death Squad Commander?

According to JTA's Q&A with Hasbro reps, it's just a straight repack (same with the RFT).

I would hope that they fix the shoulder emblem at the very least.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 03:32 PM »
I can all but guarantee they don't.  I don't know why there was much hope they were gonna do repaints or head changes, honestly.  Hasbro doesn't seem keen on attempting that stuff outside of a droid any longer. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 02:19 PM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 04:06 PM »
I'm going to be lazy and ask a question without reading the thread... Is there anything new about that chewbacca? For some reason I thought it was going to be Boushh's prisoner version, but it looks like the sandstorm head on the usual VOTC body.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 04:22 PM »
From SDCC last year, it's was supposed to be a brand new head on the VOTC Chewie body.  The head was tooled so that the Yavin Medal (the one included with Leia) could fit on him.

Of course, given all the change that's happened to the line in the last year, I suppose they could have bailed on tooling that new head and just used an existing Chewie. 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 04:45 PM »
Thanks for the info Jeff. Now I seem to remember reading that at some point after one of last years cons. I gotta say with the recent price hike just a new head sculpt is something of a slap in the face. with a higher price I would want to see some added articulation, perhaps in the form of hinged wrists or a double jointed neck like the larger scale black series figures.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 06:08 PM »
Head looks very new, body old.  Good figure, but meh for $13 unfortunately.  That's the issue with the price hike...  Stuff like this won't cut it for me, whereas I'd have bought it just for that one scene a year ago and been relatively happy.  :-\

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 11:41 AM »
I dunno, I still think VOTC/Early Bird Chewie is one of the best figures Hasbro has ever put out. Really looking forward to this one, unlike a lot of rehashes.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 02:07 PM »
A year ago I would've too, but at the price for a new head, I'm out.  I love VOTC Chewbacca as well though.  I don't like the paint on this, nor the lack of new is my gripe.  This is where price makes me much more picky than I would've been otherwise.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2015, 09:21 AM »
I don't know what it is, but I'm just not all that crazy about the lineup for this particular wave.  I'm definitely far more into TBS wave 8 than this wave.

I usually love any and all new Chewbacca figures.  He's always been a favorite of mine.  But something about that carded pic from Peter Mayhew's FB page just isn't doing it for me.

Medal Ceremony Leia?  Meh.  I see this figure and it reminds me of that pegwarming POTF2 Flashback Leia from 1999.

A revised Gold Leader is kind of a question mark to me because he's been done before.  Sure, he was one of the most important Rebel Pilots from the Battle of Yavin.  But there's still another pilot from the Battle of Yavin who had comparable amounts of dialogue that hasn't been made before:  Theron Nett, call sign Red 10.  What gives?

As for the Clones?  I'm glad to see the realistic Rex get done.  That figure will fit in well with those realistic versions of Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka from the TVC line.

The alternate version of Commander Wolffe is actually pretty cool.  I actually needed a refresher to realize that this version of Wolffe was from the lost season of CLONE WARS.  But Commander Doom?  I saw the Clone Wars episode featuring Doom.  At the time I didn't get the connection with his armor design, and that's probably because I didn't catch his name during the show.  But now?  The armor design and name combined actually look a little silly to me.  I get the whole Doctor Doom homage, but this seems to have gone overboard.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 05:45 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 02:10 AM »
I know I'm waiting it out a lil while looking for something else I want to hit pre-order.  Hoping it hits soon before I have to commit to an order.  :-\

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 09:54 AM »
But Commander Doom?  I saw the Clone Wars episode featuring Doom.  At the time I didn't get the connection with his armor design, and that's probably because I didn't catch his name during the show.  But now?  The armor design and name combined actually look a little silly to me.  I get the whole Doctor Doom homage, but this seems to have gone overboard.

I'm not a big Marvel Comics guy, so I didn't catch that at first either.  Same for Commander THORn, with his z-6 'hammer' cannon and the painted wings on his helmet.

Makes me wonder how many more Marvel ClonesTM there are hidden in the Clone Wars...