Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 152556 times)

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #870 on: October 5, 2005, 01:20 AM »
I ordered one for the heck of it, I DON'T open mine (tomatoes being thrown at me!! :P) so this will be a cool addition to my wall of 'awsome'. Unfortunately it doesn't look like this one can be hung up.

By the way, I asked a few replys back if anyone knew where the star cases for UL were coming from. No one knows???

Josh
Anyone got a ben for sale??

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 5, 2005, 01:59 AM »

By the way, I asked a few replys back if anyone knew where the star cases for UL were coming from. No one knows???

I think Protech is coming out with them again.  A couple of booths at the local trade show sell them.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 6, 2005, 09:43 PM »
Noticed today that my loacal Target has the Unleashed on clearance. So if anyone needs an army of Assaj Ventress' you better run on down!  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 20, 2005, 10:51 AM »
At least were getting reasurred agian in the Unleashed Battle Packs udate that the 7" line will be returing next fall. That is a long time to wait.  I hope they can come up with something better than the rehashes that they were going to make. 

Any thoughts on what the next 3 might be??

I am hoping for:
Gamorrean Guard
Jawa
Royal Guard
Biker Scout
And at least one of the droids would be nice. R2 would prbably be the best.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #874 on: October 20, 2005, 11:35 AM »
Any thoughts on what the next 3 might be??

In this era or "reusing and repacking", I'll guess the next three (after the Han/Chewie/Shocktrooper) will be:

- Luke in Stormtrooper gear (han trooper head swap)
- Darth Vader w/Ep3 Crispy head (instead of old anakin head)
- Obi-Wan w/Ep4 Obi-Wan head (instead of Ep3 Obi-Wan head)

:P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 20, 2005, 11:51 AM »
I wouldn't mind some minor repacking of this line (when it returns), as long as it included that elusive Stormtrooper :).  Otherwise, I'm definitely ready for some new entries into the line, and I'm looking forward to its return.

On another note, I was just thinking as I was reading the "Unleashed Battle Packs" update today how this new line would "compliment" the returning 7" line......I'm still not sure if I'll buy any of the 2" versions (we'll see what OT sets they have/what they're like), but I was wondering with these two different scales working together if Hasbro would look to do something like a Rancor or Wampa in the 7" (or around there, to scale) scale, to compliment the 2" line.  Such as, having "Jabba's Palace/Carkoon" Battle Packs, accompanied by a 7" Unleashed Rancor.  Maybe some ships would be an option here too.  Again, not saying that it would be something I'm interested or not, but just an idea that came up when reading about these today.  It might be neat, if it could be done somewhat to scale...but then again, they can still ditch the 2" line for all I care and create some all new 7" figures for us too :).

Offline bomarr Monk

• Youngling
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 21, 2005, 08:52 PM »
I went to wal-mart to do some grocery shopping and I decided to see if I could find something other than Asajj Ventress and low and behold I found these....... ;D

I am sooo glad i found them at retail.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 22, 2005, 04:21 PM »
It would be nice if they made Qui Gon Jinn, repacked the Removable Helmet Vader and finished out the Bounty Hunters.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 22, 2005, 11:34 PM »
It would be nice if they ... finished out the Bounty Hunters.

Excellent idea.  Some others I'd like to see are the Rancor and Jabba, but I'm not sure they would look good unless they were done to scale, in which case they'd be huge!

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 29, 2005, 11:41 AM »
Just got this via E-mail from Best Buy concerning my pre-order Unleashed Vader:

Dear Best Buy Customer,

Thank you for your recent pre-order of the Best Buy exclusive Star Wars Darth Vader Unleashed on BestBuy.com.

Due to a delay in securing inventory, we were unable to ship the product to you by October 21, 2005. We are working with the vendor to get the inventory to fulfill your order as soon as we can. At this time, we anticipate being able to ship your order on November 2, 2005. Please disregard the backorder email you received. Your credit card has not been billed for this item and will be charged when the product ships.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please don't hesitate to contact us with additional questions or concerns.

Thank you for your loyalty,
The Customer Care Team
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 11:42 AM by jr87mustang »

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 29, 2005, 07:34 PM »
I would like to see them make....

Royal Guard
Zam Wesell
Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid
'background' Jedi (Shaak Ti, Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Plo Koon, Bultar Swan, Kit Fisto, Coleman Trebor, Agen Kolar, etc. etc. etc.)
Durge
Quinlan Vos

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #881 on: October 31, 2005, 06:23 PM »

Thanks to an eBay auction, we get a sneak peek at the Unleashed Vader that will be available at Best Buy starting tomorrow.  Click on the link below for more photos!

Click here for Best Buy Exclusive Darth Vader Pics!

Kind of a unique way to present the Unleashed Vader - I like this round packaging look, but fear they will be pretty roughed up when I go to grab one tomorrow...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #882 on: October 31, 2005, 08:21 PM »
So my order (that I had to call on to get an updated) lists the Vader still as backordered. On bestbuy.com they're listed as sold out, and only half of the nearby stores list them as available. I wonder if this is going to turn into a major headache...

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 1, 2005, 12:38 AM »
I talked to a Best Buy guy and he said they were only getting one case, which is 6.  That would be bad if that is all they get.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 1, 2005, 01:28 AM »
Damn!  I like that round packaging.  I'd actually keep this bad boy in his plastic prison just because of his unique look.  And since I already have the original ROTS Darth Vader opened, I wouldn't have to feel guilty about leaving him "carded".

But if stores are only going to get one case each, the odds of getting one from Best Buy are about nil.  But eBay ought to be full of them tomorrow - maybe even get it for retail.   :-\

...edit... I just reread the auction description and noticed this:

Attention: The color of Darth Vader's cape is different with the old version.

I guess they splashed some blue on his cape for the Best Buy colors.  Kinda goofy.

And they also appear to have added some silver spray as well.  I need to see this with my own eyes to decide how good it really looks.  :-\
« Last Edit: November 1, 2005, 02:31 AM by JesseVader08 »