Author Topic: What have you stopped collecting?  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: What have you stopped collecting?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2004, 02:35 AM »
A thing I quit collecting recently was Star Wars lego...  Just too much $ to sink into a line when I'm sinking so much time into 3.75" Star Wars...

When I was a kid, I was big into MASK, Joe (ARAH), Sectaurs, Ninja Turtles, and Starcom.

Collected some Starcom as an adult but gave up then when Star Wars was really taking off again...

Gave up 12" vintage G.I. Joe which I started collecting years and years ago when I started going to flea markets with my family.

I was into lots of things...  Just Star Wars collecting now though, and the odd LOTR figure.  I want to go back into RC Cars as a hobby though (As my separate thread says), but that's more a different kind of hobby than "collecting".  :)  Though if you have the $ I guess you can have lots of cars...  I'll be lucky to have one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2004, 11:04 AM »
Oh yeah!I forgot to add military uniforms and medals.To much money spent there.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2004, 03:10 PM »
Hot Wheels/Matchbox - collected these as a kid; gave them away. Bought a couple hundred between 1996-1998; gave them to my nephews. Still get a kick playing with my nephews.

Sports Cards - Football, baseball, basketball, hockey. I stopped buying them in '91/'92. I sometimes go through the collection and cull the commons. I can't believe how many players I have no recollection of.

Non-Sports cards - Movie-related like Disney, Batman and everything else that sucked that I got suckered into collecting. I suck. Virtually everything tossed into the recycling bin or off to Goodwill with the exception of Star Wars, BSG, and a few other sci-fi sets.

Fast Food toys - In a 3 year period I amassed a few thousand, mostly by canvassing flea markets. It was a sickness, I tell ya. It quickly
got to the point I was acquiring for the sake of numbers and not for what I liked about each item. I got rid of these incrementally.

Superhero and Spawn action figures - DC animated to my nephews, other superhero to Goodwill. A select few Spawn around in boxes, the rest, gone.

Comics - All kinds, boarded and bagged. I still have 10-11 long boxes worth, and not one I've re-read in 8-9 years. I'm a tree murderer.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2004, 09:41 PM »
Comics - All kinds, boarded and bagged. I still have 10-11 long boxes worth, and not one I've re-read in 8-9 years. I'm a tree murderer.

13 long boxes here.  Sent half of one to Scott, but just filled it with loose ones I wasn't keeping in boxes.  Tree killer #2.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.