Author Topic: Airing of Grievances  (Read 2656 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Airing of Grievances
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2022, 12:15 PM »
That jerk GrandMoffNick
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2022, 12:38 PM »
Festivus comes early this year!

Nick - I think you can both buy all the overpriced new/kitbashed/repainted stuff AND still bitch about it  :P

I mostly still love collecting Star Wars stuff, and buy most of the stuff they make, but the price and choices with assortments can make things frustrating even for a die-hard like me.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2022, 01:17 PM »
I think there's a self awareness that goes with it. I buy plenty of stuff with some level of feeling obligated but that's on ME (imo). Not Hasbro.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2022, 01:29 PM »
Forgot all about this one, maybe Jeff can split all the complaining I was doing in the Biker Scout thread into this one.   ;D

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2022, 02:09 PM »
[Arnold Horshack voice] Oh! Oh! Me! Me! [/Arnold Horshack voice]

Walmart cancelled my 2 Ahsoka/Grogu sets (I ordered one on the first date and another a few weeks ago when it went back up).  So, even my insurance policy didn't make it.  I have no hope of the Stormtrooper or the Incinerator/Grogu sets arriving.  Hasbro needs to revoke Walmart's exclusive card (not going to happen, I know).  My stores never get the exclusives so I'm out of luck.  I guess the positive is that I've already got some kind of iteration of these figures (minus the "world-building" aspects).

This is probably the wrong thread for this, too, since it might belong in the "I Hate Wal*Mart" thread.  Also, I miss Mikey.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2022, 02:14 PM »
My Stormtrooper/E web has been delayed forever now. I hope to pick one up on ebay for close to cost. Then see if WM lets me cancel or not.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2022, 09:32 AM »
This would be a good place to re-complain about my Walmart order too.  I only ordered one ANH Stormtrooper because I had just bought like six of the 4-packs and didn’t really appreciate the differences. 

Walmart sent my one stormtrooper and there was another imperial gunner in the box instead.  Naturally Walmart is all sold out and couldn’t fix the order.  I’ve been constantly checking the Walmart site for like two weeks because they also don’t have the ‘notify me when back in stock’ option and it’s a total waste of time and effort.  Meanwhile, they’re about $50 each on eBay and I have no idea if they’re coming back in stock eventually or not.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2022, 11:23 AM »
Those stormtroopers really need to be the next troop builder set.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2022, 11:54 AM »
Those stormtroopers really need to be the next troop builder set.

I have no doubt that it will be at some point.  I think the bigger issue is that Walmart continues to get these exclusive figure waves and ***** things up royally almost every time.  Half of my Stormtrooper orders got canceled, and it's incredibly annoying.  There also doesn't seem to be any sign of this wave coming back into stock online, and I can't recall seeing any store finds reported for any figures in this wave.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2022, 01:44 PM »
Half of my Stormtrooper orders got canceled, and it's incredibly annoying.  There also doesn't seem to be any sign of this wave coming back into stock online, and I can't recall seeing any store finds reported for any figures in this wave.

I have been keeping my ear to the ground on if/when these latest exclusive figures show up in store, and there has been nothing so far. I refuse to preorder from Walmart anymore, but I would like a couple of these figures if they appear. You would figure with all the cancellations they have to be have some locked away in a warehouse earmarked for stores, right? Either in the shippers or the PDQs would be ideal. If they are just in normal cases they may never see the light of day until they are passed on to discount chains.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2022, 03:19 PM »
Agreed that Hasbro is definitely going to be making more of these.  It’s one of the rare times I’m going to just wait it out. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2022, 09:40 AM »
Agreed that Hasbro is definitely going to be making more of these.  It’s one of the rare times I’m going to just wait it out.

Did I slip into an alternate universe on my drive to Florida over the weekend?   ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2022, 01:17 PM »
Did I slip into an alternate universe on my drive to Florida over the weekend?   ;D

Definitely, but that's because of Florida and has nothing to do with me. :)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2022, 11:34 AM »
Its Festivus, and time for the airing of grievances.

Where to start?  Prices?  Repacks/kitbashes/repaints?  Boba Fett?

I for one would like to see the Star Wars line at Hasbro become someone's passion.  Not a passion for creating an ATM machine out of the line, but having some fanboy and childlike vision for creating something fun and inspiring.  Even their non-3.75" HasLab attempts have lacked "fun".  HasLab should be a slam dunk of fun. 

Even when they tried something new they screwed it up.  What the hell were they thinking with creating an all new, but similar to what we already have Endor bunker?  The bunker really wasn't all that fun 15 years ago and they wasted design resources that could have been used to create something all new and fun.

Somebody needs to get in there an mix it up.  Ease off on the repaints and kitbashes, and crank up the fun-o-meter.  Toys should be fun and they've lost their way.

Streaming this year brought us a kick ass Andor series that should be a gold mine of fun new stuff.  Hasbro - get your ass in gear for 2023 and do something cool, a bunch of somethings cool with the assets in this show.  Don't just kitbash your way to so-so figures.  Bring out the big guns of creativity and give me a few small vehicles and a bunch of new cool figures.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2022, 02:45 PM »
Agreed completely.  It's one thing for prices to go up, it's another entirely for prices to go up while simultaneously dumbing down the product line to almost exclusively incorporate things they can sell us 2 or 3 or more times.  We used to get new waves of interesting characters every 6 weeks or so, now we get new characters sprinkled in with troops, clones, and Mandolorians. 

For the first time since 1977, they've made the hobby boring and frustrating instead of fun.