Author Topic: Target 2023 TVC Boba Fett Repaints - Kenner, Marvel, Dark Horse  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Target 2023 TVC Boba Fett Repaints - Kenner, Marvel, Dark Horse
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2022, 05:25 PM »
I've got a theory about the insane pricing on these alternate deco Boba Fett's.  Could this be Target attempting to recoup the cost of the absolutely DISMAL sales performance of the Black Series Carbonized figures they got?  It wasn't uncommon to see pictures on social media of entire endcaps of those Carbonized Shoretroopers just sitting there.  Target must have taken a beating on those!  So are they turning it around on TVC collectors now?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 4, 2023, 02:48 PM »

I collect loose so picking them up is cheaper in that regard, and honestly there are only about 10-20 figures left on my want list that would bring me to plunk down any serious cash for them. One is that Dagobah Landing Luke...I know I will probably have to really invest the cash into that one someday, but now I can justify it in my head because the Weequay, Wooof, and Nikto came back cheaper.

Circling back to my Dagobah Landing Luke woes, he has shown up in Tunghori's inventory now at a regular ish price so I have one on the way. As always I had to make it worth the shipping by building up a worthwhile order, but there was enough there (including Wooof now too) so it was easy enough.

One more down thanks to playing the long game.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 4, 2023, 04:14 PM »
Huh... I just went to see what Luke you were talking about and I never thought of that as being a Dagobah Luke.  Mine has been with the Snowspeeder pilots all this time.  Going to move him now.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #63 on: February 5, 2023, 04:47 PM »
Huh... I just went to see what Luke you were talking about and I never thought of that as being a Dagobah Luke.  Mine has been with the Snowspeeder pilots all this time.  Going to move him now.

Not trying to pick up a second?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2023, 11:58 AM »
Kenner Fetts have arrived... en masse (in the Denver area). I originally skipped the preorder on this and was planning on just skipping him altogether. The Fett tax was high for a gimmicky repaint. But then I saw him in person last week and the paint apps looked nice and he looked really good carded. I caved and bought two.

At first last week, one Target near me only had a few that had just come out of the case. But within the last week and a half all the Targets near me are drowning in 6-10 Fetts each. It feels like there may be some clearances in this guy's future... Which would be alright. I feel like he makes a good generic Children of the Watch stand-in and would maybe pick up a few if the price dropped enough (below $10).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 05:15 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2023, 12:59 PM »
I'm still waiting for my preorder!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2023, 05:13 PM »
Same.  Also, no sign of him in the couple of Targets I occasionally stop in at.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 1, 2023, 01:35 PM »
I actually found the Vintage Comic Art one at Target today.  The regular Comic Art one they shipped me.

Just need Kenner Deco now to have these taken care of, no word on when they’ll fill preorders. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 2, 2023, 05:21 PM »
I just saw a fresh case of this guy at Target too, the comic one.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2023, 07:17 AM »
Looks like Target is finally fulfilling pre-orders for the Kenner Deco Fett.  I should get mine around August 23rd.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2023, 12:12 PM »
If anyone wants to use this to get a $7 refund on their Kenner Fett order... it just worked for me:

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2023, 06:07 PM »
Finally got this thing today.  Can't wait for them to announce Holiday Special and Animated Series versions for $28 each.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2023, 06:01 PM »
Target needs to get their **** together. I mised out on the preorders.

- bitch #1 -- their roll out was off. Wrong time, etc.
- bitch #2 -- over the next few months i managed to find it available on Target.com and get it in my virtual cart twice. Both times it was sold out before I could pay for it. No ******* grace period. Poof. Anyone could grab it from your "cart" at anytime.

I found  it on eBay today from a guy whom I bought from before. It looks like he buys decent quantities of clearanced merchandise from companies/distributors and resells them for much less than retail. At one time he had 47 or 48 of Kenner Colors Fett. I bought his last one... for less than Target's sale price!

- bitch  #3 -- WTF? Assuming he got these stateside, how did he have them and for less than Target and Target is still shipping out?

I totally get Star Wars toys make only a small portion of Target's gross sales. But TVC is only an ounce of what I buy at Target. Groceries, socks, cleaning supplies, toys for kids, books, stationaries, home wares, kitchen supplies. Target is very convenient and I'm not threatening boycott. When purchasing products becomes unreliable, the store gets a reputation and people will look elsewhere.

<end rant>

« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 06:06 PM by Jedi Idej »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2023, 02:55 PM »
Just found the most recent two of these marked down to $12.49 and $17.49.  I’ll be returning these on my old receipts and won’t be feeling bad about it one bit.