Author Topic: 2023 SDCC TVC Krrsantan with bonus accessories  (Read 670 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2023 SDCC TVC Krrsantan with bonus accessories
« on: July 12, 2023, 01:55 PM »
https://collider.com/star-wars-book-of-boba-fett-black-krrsantan-hasbro-vintage-collection-images/

$40.  Yep, $40.   ::)

For the extra $12 (compared to the $28 mainline dlx version) you get two knives, two guns, an electricity effect (5 new accessories total).  Also looks like the SDCC version has a different, more angry headsculpt compared to the mainline version.

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION KRRSANTAN
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $39.99 / Available: Summer 2023)

A former gladiator turned deadly bounty hunter, Krrsantan is a towering black-furred Wookiee who made a name for himself in the criminal underworld with his intimidating presence and raw strength.  Fans can celebrate the legacy of STAR WARS, the action-and-adventure-packed space saga from a galaxy far, far away, with this premium 3.75-inch scale STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION KRRSANTAN figure inspired by STAR WARS: THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT live-action series. This figure features premium detail and design across product and packaging inspired by the original Kenner line, as well as the entertainment-inspired collector grade deco. Includes figure and 14 entertainment-inspired accessories including two additional sets of hands.
Available exclusively at San Diego Comic-Con. Attendees can visit the Hasbro Pulse Desk at Hasbro’s Booth #3213 to receive a one-time use code, which can then be scanned and preordered. One code per customer. Limited quantities will be available to pre-order on HasbroPulse.com after the convention. While supplies last.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 01:59 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 SDCC TVC Krrsantan with bonus accessories
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 02:27 PM »
Death, taxes, and Hasbro doing something lazy, unwanted, and charging collectors a lot for it.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 02:39 PM »
He’s not even black on the box photo… looks like this will inevitably become a new Wookie warrior too.

For $40 you’d think they could at least use the right image.
"This is the way."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2023, 02:43 PM »
I personally always look forward to the next Con so we can bitch about everything they announce. OK back under my rock.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2023, 02:49 PM »
I personally always look forward to the next Con so we can bitch about everything they announce. OK back under my rock.

I do feel like they kind of deserve it lately.  Their entire business model has shifted to double and triple dipping at extremely high prices.  Feels like they’re testing the limits of what people will buy and aren’t finding them. 

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2023, 02:50 PM »

Ha!

Seriously though, when is the last time they did something really cool for 3.75" figures for SDCC?  They've had a few 6" sets that were pretty sweet (Thrawn, Jabba, etc.), but 3.75" hasn't had much love.

Maybe my notes aren't great, but the only two 3.75" things I've picked up for TVC are the Dr. Aphra 3-pack and the Luke Skywalker Jedi Destiny set.  For comparison these were $50 and you got three figures.  Now we've got one figure with a bunch of accessories for $40.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2023, 02:54 PM »
I prefer this. Easy pass since all I'm missing out on are accessories I'll honestly not use.
I hate the figure that only is available via the over priced con set.
I agree with Rob. I just can't get bent out of shape.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 02:54 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2023, 03:05 PM »
I agree with Rob. I just can't get bent out of shape.

Same. The double/triple dipping is getting out of hand, but I usually just roll my eyes and move on.  It's just part of their default cost/business model with new sculpts these days. 

That is the one nice thing about all the advance pre-orders though I guess.  When they announce a better double-dip version (like Ahsoka with grogu/owl or Tusken Warrior with massif), you usually have time to cancel the pre-order for the lesser version.

I think I am going to cancel my $28 version Krrsantan pre-order and try to get this one instead.  If I fail to secure one from Hasbro Pulse, then I'll just go back to the $28 version.  These deluxe figures haven't seemed to be too hard to get with most heading to sale/discount (at least for TBOBF Fett and Darktrooper)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2023, 10:50 AM »
Are we certain this isn't a Black Series figure and they just messed up the branding in the corner?  This is even packaged like a BS figure.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2023, 01:33 PM »
Do we have any idea when the extras of this are going up for sale?

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2023, 10:50 AM »
For anyone else who cares, Jayson’s saying it’ll be Friday at noon eastern.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2023, 12:33 PM »
Glad I was able to snag one of these... not so glad it's $40.  ::)

Now I'm off to Amazon to cancel my pre-order for the regular version.  Back in a cheaper figure era, I'd have bought both versions without batting an eye.  But $68 plus tax for two versions of this guy?  I think I'll pass on that and wait for clearance on the standard version.

As long as I'm here, Jayson posted a nice size comparison pic - shorter than Chewie, but taller than Boba Fett:

« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 12:35 PM by Jeff »

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2023, 12:39 PM »
WHAT THE HELL.

I just looked, Krrsantan is supposed to be half a foot taller than Chewbacca.

At that price, with that double dip, the idea that he's not huge is extremely lame.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2023, 02:22 PM »
The Krrsantan actor, Carey Jones is either 6’7” or 6’8”.  Joonas Suotamo is 6’11” and Peter Mayhew was 7’3”.  I think the figures are probably supposed to be proportional to the respective actors.  But it does look like a pretty striking difference.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback