Author Topic: 2023 HasLab - TVC The Ghost  (Read 7098 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2024 HasLab - TVC The Ghost
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2023, 06:24 PM »
Jayson was doing a push on Yakface to tell people that were on the fence to go ahead and back it, and if they change their mind to cancel it later.  The momentum will start building more that way.

Jayson is basically reiterating what was on Bantha Skull.  Great points made by both.  If you going to back the Ghost, go ahead and pledge now.  That way Hasbro has an accurate accounting of the popularity of this project and if all the goals are hit early enough, it gives them a chance to add more.

I think Hasbro put out some updated images of The Ghost's deco on Instagram yesterday, too. Bossk's Bounty had a nice video showing them off.
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2023, 10:11 PM »
Maybe I’ll just order like 2,000 of them then cancel them later to get things greased.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2023, 11:34 AM »
10,563 right now.  Tier 1 and Ezra still seem within reach, but at this pace the campaign is gaining just over 50 backers per day. 

Evidently the AHSOKA series is now going to drop on Tuesday nights at 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT. Once that happens I think we’re going to see a surge in the number of people backing the Ghost.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 11:35 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2023, 10:04 AM »
10,667.  The pace is picking up!  Could it be from the increase in promotional video for AHSOKA?  Or because we’re finally getting closer to the Tier 1 goal?

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2023, 12:16 PM »
Got side-tracked at work last Friday and forgot my weekly update so doing it today instead...

9158 as of this morning.  Things have slowed, but still growing...

9478 after two weeks... still moving in the right direction.  806+ hours left.

10079 after three weeks.  635+ hours left.

10792 after four+ weeks.  ~396 hours left.

Tier needs:
208 to unlock Ezra - 0.53 backer/hr needed (12.6/day)
3208 to unlock Kanan - 8.10 backer/hr needed (194.4/day)
6208 to unlock Zeb - 15.68 backer/hr needed (376.2/day)

We are definitely in the mid-cycle lull on this thing.  Let's do some comparisons, shall we?

Sail Barge:
~2 weeks to go: 2828
Final = 8825
(Granted this was the first one so maybe the comparison isn't fair)

Razor Crest:
~2 weeks to go: 12339
Final = 28111

Dragonfly:
~2 weeks to go: ~14000
Final = 24764

I guess what I'm trying to show is that historically a ****-ton of backers show up in the last two weeks....  of course, those other recent projects were cheaper than $500.  I still think 17k is totally do-able though.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 12:18 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2023, 02:20 PM »
There's some additional information about the foreign markets to process.

-Hasbro Pulse Asian backers (HK, Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia) - the numbers for these sites lag behind those of the Hasbro Pulse US/UK/EU sites.  The total global Hasbro Pulse backer numbers are reflected on the US version of the site.  I know some had been hopeful that those Asian numbers stood on their own, and that there might have already been over 20,000 backers globally and Hasbro was keeping that to themselves, but that isn't the case.  The totals on the Asian Pulse sites just are not synced up with the others.

-The numbers for Australia and New Zealand will get processed towards the end of the campaign.  EB Games is taking orders for that region and will be submitting those as the campaign wraps up.  That's going to lead to a bump in the totals.

We're now at 10,797 - 203 to go for Ezra! 

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2023, 12:25 PM »
TIER 1 UNLOCKED!  The campaign hit 11,000 backers just a few minutes ago, so Ezra Bridger is coming home with the Ghost!

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2023, 01:46 PM »
TIER 1 UNLOCKED!  The campaign hit 11,000 backers just a few minutes ago, so Ezra Bridger is coming home with the Ghost!

Let the snowballing begin!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2023, 04:59 PM »
Glad we are getting Ezra, even if it doesn’t look anything like him lol. (Ezra literally never parted his hair on that show even one time)

Still wish they had just set the tiers at 10, 12, and 14. Then they could have added additional ones for Chopper and Sabine if it started surging.

If it shows up on the show tonight, I’m expecting at least a little bump from that.  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2023, 06:22 PM »
Glad we are getting Ezra, even if it doesn’t look anything like him lol. (Ezra literally never parted his hair on that show even one time)

The Hera and Ezra head sculpts are based on the live-action actors' heads, not the cartoon (even though the figures are supposed to be wearing Rebels Season 3/4 outfits).

I get what they are doing, but that means the Ezra head is like 10 years older than what he should have been on that particular body.  I wish they would have just gone the extra mile and given us a live-action head and a Rebels Season 3/4 hairstyle head.

The way they like to double-dip and re-use things maybe we'll get that eventually anyway.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2023, 01:22 AM »
Yikes… not much ammunition to support a quick spike for this campaign in the two episodes that aired tonight. I hope that ship shows up in a meaningful way next week or that Ahsoka bump is going to be a dud.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2023, 10:14 AM »
Yikes… not much ammunition to support a quick spike for this campaign in the two episodes that aired tonight. I hope that ship shows up in a meaningful way next week or that Ahsoka bump is going to be a dud.

I too was surprised we didn't even catch a glimpse of The Ghost in the first two episodes.  At least we got some good Phantom II action.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2023, 09:44 AM »
There is a blink and you'll miss it shot of the Ghost in the hangar of Home One.  I'm guessing we'll see her next week.

Looks like the numbers for the Ghost are still rising.  I'm confident Zeb will be unlocked, but that will be the final tier.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2023, 10:41 AM »
There is a blink and you'll miss it shot of the Ghost in the hangar of Home One.  I'm guessing we'll see her next week.

Looks like the numbers for the Ghost are still rising.  I'm confident Zeb will be unlocked, but that will be the final tier.

To be honest, I'm really just happy with the Ghost and Hera. Don't get me wrong, I want them all, but this is one of those situations where I'm really excited about the actual base offering.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2023, 11:36 AM »
Let me try to get the sourcing right here:

According to Jayson (via Yakface Twitter), Hasbro confirmed to Bossk's Bounty during a QNA (somewhere, not sure where it was posted) that if the Ghost campaign unlocks Kanan and Zeb, Hasbro will definitely release Chopper and Sabine on Rebels Mural card backs outside of the HasLab campaign.

I feel like that was something we all figured they were planning anyway, but it is nice to get it confirmed to get some FOMO going heading into the last few weeks of the campaign.