Author Topic: Solo 3.75" Kessel Run Millennium Falcon  (Read 16543 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Solo 3.75" Kessel Run Millennium Falcon
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2018, 08:49 PM »
I paid$150 for my BMF and have no regrets.  Wish I had picked up an AT-TE though....regret never getting one.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2018, 12:27 PM »
I paid$150 for my BMF and have no regrets. 

Me neither. Hands down my favorite toy ever since the original I got in 1979. I will have this on display until the day I die.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2018, 06:18 PM »
Jedi Insider has a look at some of the Kessel Run Falcon's features.  Possible spoiler warnings apply.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2018, 05:50 AM »
Perhaps a retooled Falcon will be a Haslab item down the line. Multiple dishes, etc. 

That $500 numbers seems a little high now seeing how much barge that gets you...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2018, 10:35 AM »
Perhaps a retooled Falcon will be a Haslab item down the line. Multiple dishes, etc. 

That $500 numbers seems a little high now seeing how much barge that gets you...

Agreed, but only because the Falcon is largely already made and is far more iconic. 

That said, Hasbro will know that if this one sells in decent quantities for $500, they can get at least that for the Falcon.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2018, 04:29 PM »
I've been seeing a lot of comments bagging on this new Falcon lately, usually stemming from the barge conversation and how awful Hasbro's latest offerings are. Personally, it seems ok to me. Honestly, what bugs me the most is that they don't just have an open back for multiple figures instead of the little sleeping compartment thing. We all know they aren't putting out the BMF for the kid's line, and at least they are trying something new. I guess to me, we already got the perfect, end-all be all version of that ship, so I'm ok with them doing versions like this that are (hopefully) fun for kids. It does seem to be priced a little too high for what it is, but that just seems how things are anymore.

I was listening to some podcasts where they were talking about how Kenner got it right with vehicles, and Hasbro can't. Specifically citing the scale and play value of Hasbro's mainline offerings. Granted, I'll always go for the vintage ships as well, but I think nostalgia is coloring that a bit. Those were mostly all undersized as well. But still great, don't get me wrong. Just seeing a lot of complaining and anger in the collecting world lately.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2018, 04:45 PM »
This one to me is weaker than it should be. Like you said, there's a lot of missing play area that seems odd. I'm ok with it, won't buy it since I have the BMF. I might be interested in a Haslab Solo version of the BMF (cough, cough) down the line.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2018, 09:40 AM »
Agreed at a future Haslab Falcon 😉

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2018, 11:43 AM »
I would be surprised if a Falcon isn't already on the Haslab board.

I think the disconnect is that Hasbro (and other toy makers) want features to call out on the packaging and "Crew Can Sit!" is not as exciting as "Panels Pop Off!" or "Lights and Sounds!"

To collectors (really, displayers) authenticity is more important.  To the everyday buyer, the more exciting sounding stuff may make a huge price tag easier to swallow.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 1, 2018, 02:41 PM »
I would be surprised if a Falcon isn't already on the Haslab board.

The following comment is, of course, contingent on the Solo movie however, I can't see a Haslab version of this Falcon being a priority yet. It hasn't established itself as being worthy of a classic yet, IMHO.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 1, 2018, 07:24 PM »
Depending on how it shakes out, maybe on big money package to satisfy it all?  If the Solo Falcon toy is any kind of indicator, maybe we’ll be seeing it lose plating to become more like the ship all us geezers worship.

Maybe they’ll have the base unit be a retool of the BMF, and include panels to make it look the the Solo erosion, as well as an alternate deflector dish as seen in The Force Awakens.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 8, 2018, 04:22 PM »
Is this the Han from the Falcon vehicle set?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-story-HAN-SOLO-Kessel-Run-3-75-force-link-2-0/392058862553?hash=item5b48877bd9:g:p7oAAOSwhIZbDaP0

It looks right to me, but I'd love to have someone else weigh in to make sure I'm not missing something.

$15 seems like a steal to me to not have to think about buying that vehicle.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2018, 04:22 PM by Rob »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #42 on: June 8, 2018, 04:46 PM »
Yep
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 8, 2018, 06:28 PM »
I got one...

It's kinda funny because I just got a package from him today, and still had stuff in my eBay cart from my last browse. Han put me over the edge to completing another order. Between this 5POA one (and the Vintage version when it shows up) I should finally have that "Solo" Solo itch scratched.

Thanks for pointing it out, Rob!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 8, 2018, 08:35 PM »
Well I tried to buy one and got an error message at checkout:

Unfortunately, we can't process your payment. Here are your options:

Check out with another PayPal method, like the one we're showing now.
    Select a different payment option.

I was using the same checking-account linked Paypal account I've been using for almost 20 years.  I tried the back up (valid) credit card and nothing.

I read transferring cash to the account might solve it, so I sent $15 over but it'll take a few days to clear.

Have any of you run into this problem?