Author Topic: Future HasLab Ideas  (Read 4058 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Future HasLab Ideas
« on: November 19, 2021, 05:12 PM »
Dear Hasbro,

Long time, no chat.  It's me, your old pal Jeff here.

Let's talk about your Black Series 6" Rancor project.  Actually, let's not.  Instead I'm just going to offer up some great ideas for your HasLab parking lot.  When I'm done, go ahead and look over the list and see if you can figure out what I'm telling you without telling you. ;)

Jeff's HasLab Parking Lot:

TVC 3.75" GR-75 Rebel Transport in TVC ESB box
* You know the TVC crazies want everything Kenner remade and you know you can't put this on the shelf at Target.  But 3.75" TVC "finish the Kenner Stuff" guys will back this. 100% lock.

TVC 3.75" Death Star playset in TVC ANH box
* Let the Kenner micro-series Death Star World playset be your guide for inspiration.   3.75" TVC guys will back this. 100% lock.

TVC 3.75" Ghost in TVC Rebels box
* Maybe a bit of a harder sell since it's not OT, but you know people want it. Tie it into the new Ahsoka TV show maybe.

TVC 3.75" Tantive IV in TVC ANH box
* Ok, look the hallway playset was fun and all... but what about something Sail Barge sized that opens up?  You can use it for ROTS, RO, or ANH.  People will buy it...I think.  You can make it work.  Probably.

TVC 3.75" Hoth Ion Cannon in TVC ESB box
* Not everything has to be a vehicle.  Yeah, we're dipping into the Kenner micro-world for inspiration here too.  Crank up something like that Kenner Micro-series Ion Cannon set for 3.75" figures and it'll look great in our Hoth Dioramas next to all our Turrets you've already done.

TVC 3.75" Endor/Ewok Village playset in TVC ROTJ box
* Start with the Kenner playset and let your design guys go from there.  A new hut for 3PO to tell stories in.  A bridge for Han and Leia to talk.  A way to display Ghost Jedi.  Bonus points if you finally give us that Funeral Pyre Vader set as an unlock.

TVC 3.75" AT-Hauler in TVC Solo Box
* As a shameless Han Solo fanboy, I'd be remiss if I didn't include something Han-centric.  GREAT opportunity to put it out there for Solo's 5th Anniversary in 2023!  Plus it increase my odds of getting TVC Beckett, Rio, Val, or even TVC Vandor Han Solo.  AND, if you focus on new Solo stuff in 2023 for the Solo 5th Anniversary, maybe we can finally get a ******* 3.75" Dryden Vos figure.  Thanks!

TVC 3.75" Imperial Transport aka "Stormtrooper Drop-Ship" in TVC The Mandalorian box
* Inspired by Season 2 of The Mandalorian.  Dropping Stormtroopers to help steal a baby - ah, what won't the empire do?  So many unlock pack-in choices - Grogu on a magic Jedi rock Jedi Meditation Stone, Stormtrooper with Fett-smashed armor damage, Artillery Stormtrooper, etc.

TVC 3.75" First Order Troop Transport in TVC TFA box
* Look at me, throwing the ST people a bone.  Now we can cart all of our First Order Stormtroopers to Jakku to kill Max Von Sydow Lor San Tekka.  Um...I mean, it's Stormtroopers so I guess it would be OK.  Actually, no - forget I said this and go back to the last one with The Mandalorian Stormtrooper drop-ship.

TVC 3.75" Krayt Dragon in TVC The Mandalorian box
* Inspired by Season 2 of The Mandalorian.  This guy is never, ever ever getting to store shelves but he can still make it to our collections.  Give him one of those Tusken mega-crossbow thingies as a pack-in.  And TVC Cobb Vanth too while you're at it maybe?

So, there you go.  Ten great starter projects across a range of dollar amounts for your next Star Wars HasLab project.  I'll let you go ahead and fill in the unlocks and the details and whatnot.  Anyway, thanks for reading! 

Your Pal,
Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Future HasLab Ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 05:35 PM »
These are pretty good choices.  I'll add a 2 more:

TVC 3.75" Chalmun's Cantina in Star Wars box

A bone for Jayson:
TVC 3.75" Yoda's Hut in The Empire Strikes Back box.  Just remodel the vintage version and make it bigger and add the cave.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 05:41 PM »
Great ideas.

Add TVC U-Wing to the list.

I'd love to see a combo Hoth Rebel Transport, Ion Cannon (with interchangeable barrels for realistic display and one with a firing Nerf dart), and defensive cannon combo for the low HasLab price of $275.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 05:46 PM »
Great ideas.

Add TVC U-Wing to the list.

I'd love to see a combo Hoth Rebel Transport, Ion Cannon (with interchangeable barrels for realistic display and one with a firing Nerf dart), and defensive cannon combo for the low HasLab price of $275.

The U-Wing can come with a female pilot and Bistan... thought I'm not attuned to detail like some to know if there is any difference between Cassian's and the one Bistan's on.

But very good choices here, Dave.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 05:49 PM »
Also, here are the results for a Yakface Top Ten TVC Playsets

01. Death Star (Detention Block, Trash Compactor, Hallways, Tractor beam, Bridge, Conference Room, Elevator, Cannon Tower, Garbage Chute, TIE Hanger, Hallways, Hangar Control Room, Weapon Observation Room, Chasm)
02. Chalmun's Cantina (Bar, alcove, bandstand)
03. Cloud City (Carbon Freeze Chamber, Gantry, Hallways, Dining Hall, Control Chamber, Torture Chamber, Junk Room with Incinerator, Apartment, Room where Threepio gets Shot)
03. Echo Base (Hangar, Trench, Shield Generator, Ion Cannon, Wampa Cave, Med Center, Command Center)
03. Jabba's Palace (Gate, Dungeon, Droid Torture Chamber, Dais, Audience Chamber, Rancor Pit and Chute, BBQ Pit)
06. Emperor's Throne Room
07. Coruscant (Jedi Council Chamber, Chancellor's Office, Outlander Club, Dex's Diner)
08. Star Destroyer Bridge and Pit Deck
09. Ewok Village
10. Dagobah (Yoda's Hut, Dark Side Cave, Swamp, Training Area)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 05:51 PM »
And Vehicles:

01. UT-60D U-wing starfighter/support craft
02. Modified VCX-100 light freighter "The Ghost"
03. BTL Y-wing starfighter
04.* Imperial Lambda-class T-4a shuttle
05. T-65B X-wing starfighter (General Antoc Merrick, Blue Leader)
06. AAL-1971/9.1 Troop Transport (First Order)
06. Aratec C-PH Patrol Speeder (Imperial Patrol Speeder)
06. TIE Advanced x1
06. Rebel CR90 corvette "Tantive IV"
10. GR-75 Medium Transport

A lot of these Jeff has already listed, but there are some that could use updating.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 08:10 PM »
I’ll never stop fighting for The Twilight… :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2021, 10:33 AM »
Here are my own Haslab playset ideas.  For now it's completely OT focused:

THE VINTAGE COLLECTION

DEATH STAR - I'm thinking something that might be a cross between the Kenner Death Star playset, the Palitoy Death Star playset, and the Micro-Series Death Star.  It should touch on these key settings:
-Hangar bay
-Overbridge
-Detention block
-Tractor beam control station
-Trash compactor with dianoga
-Lightbridge swing
-Computer alcove
-Corridor with blast doors
-Turbo laser turret
-Mega laser station / shaft
POSSIBLE SWEETENERS:
-Death Star Gunner on POTF card
-Overbridge control station with Death Squad Commander (Derek Torrent)
-Imperial officers with dialogue - all of the no name officers from the Death Star with dialogue - Khurgee, Childsen, Treidum
-Imperial officers from the briefing room - Tarkin, Yularen, Tagge, Motti, Chief Bast, Officer Cass, General Romodi, Trech Molok

MOS EISLEY CANTINA - I picture this as a fold out playset centered on the full bar with distillery.  The fold out wings would have three of the alcove booths along with seating.
FEATURES:
-Droid scanner (electronic)
-LED lighting
-Booth furniture - tables, benches
-Standalone tables and stools
-Cantina music sound chip
-Wuher pack-in figure
STRETCH GOALS:
-ALIEN 4-PACK w/ Banniss Keeg, Arleil Schous, Takeel & Danz Borin
-Chalmun - the Cantina needs its owner, right?
-Cantina band members - all of them
-Tonnika Sisters

ECHO BASE PLAYSET Something like the micro-series playset, featuring:
-Ion Cannon
-Shield generator
-Trenches & turrets
-Command center
-Medical bay
-Hangar
STRETCH GOALS
-Rebel technician with modern vehicle maintenance energizer
-Rogue Squadron pilots - Snowspeeder pilot 4-pack with Derek "Hobbie" Klivian & gunner TBD, Zev Senesca & gunner Kit Valent
-Command unit - General Rieekan, Toryn Farr, Romas Navander & K-3PO
-Luke Skywalker with laser cannon - Wampa attack cut scene

STAR DESTROYER BRIDGE  Featuring the windows, walkways & control pit
-Two levels - upper level by windows and alcoves
-Lower pit with 3 - 4 control consoles per pit
-passage way between pits and out of them (this always bothered me that you couldn't see how the hell these guys got down there)
-Stairs to upper level
-Communications suite with holoprojector
STRETCH GOALS
-Commanders - Admiral Ozzel & Admiral Piett
-Technicians - 6 x Imperial technicians in grey jumpsuits
-Holograms - Imperial officer holograms including the Asteroid victim
-Add on doors to Vader's quarters & meditation chamber
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2021, 06:30 AM »
These are my vehicle ideas for future Haslab campaigns.  I want a lot of the vehicles that were mentioned above, but I'm hopeful that some of them might be available as mass retail releases - case in point - the U-Wing!  I think it's going to turn up in the ANDOR series, and that makes me hopeful it could be a wide release, hopefully on par with the way the larger Slave I was produced.

But on to the Haslab vehicle ideas:

THE TWILIGHT
This Clone Wars vehicle seems like one of those wishlist items designed for a Haslab campaign.  It debuted in the Clone Wars movie and wound up being featured for several seasons before it was eventually destroyed.
FEATURES:
-Cockpit
-Functional outrigger
-Spinning cannons
-Opening cargo bay
-Tow cable
-landing gear
STRETCH GOALS:
TIER 1 - Republic escape pod with Clone Commander Wolffe (dress uniform)
TIER 2 - Clear stand so that it can be displayed with the outrigger down (kind of like the Razor Crest stand stretch goal)
TIER 3 - Anakin Skywalker (Clone Wars movie - realistic) with Rotta the Hutt backpack & young padawan Ahsoka Tano
TIER 4 - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Mauldalorian disguise)

IMPERIAL LAMDA CLASS SHUTTLE
The Kenner mold of the Imperial Shuttle has been reissued twice in the modern era, and it's really in need of a proper update since it has played into entertainment like ROTJ, REBELS and THE MANDALORIAN in significant ways.
FEATURES
-Improved mechanics for the variable geometry wings
-Larger cockpit with more seating (at least 4 seats) and modern levels of detail and deco
-Upgraded boarding ramp
-Detailed interior passenger hold with blue lighting
-Thruster lighting
-Functional landing gear
STRETCH GOALS
TIER 1 - ST-321 crew - Captain Yorr & Colonel Jendon
TIER 2 - Display stand for flight display
TIER 3 - Imperial Shuttle Crew seen in Chapter 16 of The Mandalorian - "The Rescue"
TIER 4 - 4-pack of Rebel Commandos from ROTJ

THE GHOST - VCX-100
This one could be the biggest reach of all as Haslab wishlist items go.  But the REBELS series has become pretty beloved, and the Ghost has turned up in ROGUE ONE and either it or another VCX-100 was in THE RISE OF SKYWALKER. 
FEATURES:
-Captain Hera Syndulla figure
-Cockpit that seats 4
-Chin turret
-Cargo bay and ramp
-Crew quarters
-Dorsal turret
-Detailed Phantom shuttle (more appropriately sized) with exterior droid socket
STRETCH GOALS:
TIER 1 - Ventral cargo pod with cargo crates inside
TIER 2 - Flight display stand
TIER 3 - Jacen Syndulla figure
TIER 4 - Phantom II (Sheathipede class shuttle)

GR-75 REBEL TRANSPORT
I'll echo Jeff's sentiments about covering Kenner ground with the Rebel Transport.  The big question for me?  How would Hasbro make the ship somewhat accurate to the transport in "The Empire Strikes Back" with a cockpit pod towards the aft end of the ship.  The interior of the cockpit was only ever shown on screen in an episode of "Rebels".  That's the key feature that I would want to see with a Rebel Transport
FEATURES:
-Cockpit pod
-Pilot figure
-Interior cargo bay
-Exterior cargo pods - detachable
-Boarding ramp
-Engine lights
-Gun batteries (like the vintage one, but positioned differently)
STRETCH GOALS:
TIER 1 - TESB style accessory pack (The Action Figure Survival kit) - Rebel backpacks, gas masks, grappling hook, assorted blaster pistols & rifles
TIER 2 - Rebel Ground crew troop builder 4-pack
TIER 3 - Cargo pods with Rebel equipment tbd (Fits in cargo bay)
TIER 4 - Modern mini-rig like Vehicle Maintenance Energizer (Fits in cargo bay)
TIER 5 - Modern mini-rig like MLC-3 (Fits in cargo bay)

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 09:40 AM »
GR-75 REBEL TRANSPORT
I'll echo Jeff's sentiments about covering Kenner ground with the Rebel Transport.  The big question for me?  How would Hasbro make the ship somewhat accurate to the transport in "The Empire Strikes Back" with a cockpit pod towards the aft end of the ship.  The interior of the cockpit was only ever shown on screen in an episode of "Rebels".  That's the key feature that I would want to see with a Rebel Transport
FEATURES:
-Cockpit pod
-Pilot figure
-Interior cargo bay
-Exterior cargo pods - detachable
-Boarding ramp
-Engine lights
-Gun batteries (like the vintage one, but positioned differently)
STRETCH GOALS:
TIER 1 - TESB style accessory pack (The Action Figure Survival kit) - Rebel backpacks, gas masks, grappling hook, assorted blaster pistols & rifles
TIER 2 - Rebel Ground crew troop builder 4-pack
TIER 3 - Cargo pods with Rebel equipment tbd (Fits in cargo bay)
TIER 4 - Modern mini-rig like Vehicle Maintenance Energizer (Fits in cargo bay)
TIER 5 - Modern mini-rig like MLC-3 (Fits in cargo bay)

This would be awesome.  Man, Hasbro really should just hire the loyal folks of JediDefender as consultants.  We get this **** right.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2021, 10:18 AM »
LOL!  Thanks, Jeff.  I don't know if that's even possible or just a dream idea.  But it would be nice to get a ship that could be all of those things.

I also think I figured out a way to make the cockpit pod work without it looking completely out of proportion.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2023, 08:58 AM »
Jeff's HasLab Parking Lot:

TVC 3.75" Ghost in TVC Rebels box
* Maybe a bit of a harder sell since it's not OT, but you know people want it. Tie it into the new Ahsoka TV show maybe.

Dear Hasbro,

Thanks for listening!

Your Pal,
Jeff

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2023, 11:42 AM »
These are my vehicle ideas for future Haslab campaigns.  I want a lot of the vehicles that were mentioned above, but I'm hopeful that some of them might be available as mass retail releases - case in point - the U-Wing!  I think it's going to turn up in the ANDOR series, and that makes me hopeful it could be a wide release, hopefully on par with the way the larger Slave I was produced.

But on to the Haslab vehicle ideas....

THE GHOST - VCX-100
This one could be the biggest reach of all as Haslab wishlist items go.  But the REBELS series has become pretty beloved, and the Ghost has turned up in ROGUE ONE and either it or another VCX-100 was in THE RISE OF SKYWALKER. 
FEATURES:
-Captain Hera Syndulla figure
-Cockpit that seats 4
-Chin turret
-Cargo bay and ramp
-Crew quarters
-Dorsal turret
-Detailed Phantom shuttle (more appropriately sized) with exterior droid socket
STRETCH GOALS:
TIER 1 - Ventral cargo pod with cargo crates inside
TIER 2 - Flight display stand
TIER 3 - Jacen Syndulla figure
TIER 4 - Phantom II (Sheathipede class shuttle)

I guess it pays to dream!!!!  Thanks for bumping this up, Jeff!  And thank you to Lucasfilm and Hasbro for delivering for a lot of REBELS fans who have kept the faith for a long time.

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 2, 2023, 07:55 PM »
Nice work, guys. I still haven’t given up hope on The Twilight!  :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy