Author Topic: 2023 TVC Wave 5 (New TVC Wave 31)  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
2023 TVC Wave 5 (New TVC Wave 31)
« on: March 22, 2023, 04:07 AM »
I wasn't initially entirely sold on Cad Bane's live-action appearance... but it has definitely grown on me. The figure though, wow. I really think this one looks fantastic. I really think they nailed him and appreciate the slightly bluer skin tone. My only real gripe (and it's fairly minor) is that the hat looks slightly wonky, and not as straight as the film version. I assume it may be a limitation of the materials in 3.75" scale since it is removable. I am increasingly more and more in favor of alternate heads rather than removable helmets for TVC. Hats though are a bit different since it's nice to be able to pose the figures holding their hats. The cloak looks really good and plastic feels like the right choice sculpt-wise but it will be interesting to see how it affects the pose-ability of the figure. Overall though. I'm very happy with the images for Bane. It's nice to get all-new things. (Perfect choice for a cardback image, too.)

(I totally forgot which wave Cad Bane & the Tusken Warrior are supposed to be in. If it is not this one Jeff feel free to move these posts.)
« Last Edit: April 8, 2023, 01:11 PM by Jeff »
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2023 TVC Wave 4 (New TVC Wave 30)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 01:13 PM »
This Cad Bane looks pretty awesome!  And I think the details are key.  This doesn't look like a repurposed version of Cad Bane from Clone Wars.  I just preordered him on Amazon.  But I get the sense based on the case listing on EE that Bane is in the wave after the one that includes the Tusken Warrior.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2023 TVC Wave 5? (New TVC Wave 31)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 01:27 PM »
(I totally forgot which wave Cad Bane & the Tusken Warrior are supposed to be in. If it is not this one Jeff feel free to move these posts.)

I get the sense based on the case listing on EE that Bane is in the wave after the one that includes the Tusken Warrior.

I agree with Nick - I think Cad is a new wave. We'll spin him off on his own here and add in others as they are revealed (like the new TVC Jerjerrod is likely in this wave I think).

Here is the JD Sponsored Amazon linky for Cad Bane - https://amzn.to/3FKE5HI
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 01:32 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 01:39 PM »
Thanks Jeff.  I just pre-ordered two.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2023, 06:32 PM »
That Cad Bane really looks great. Already preordered, and looking forward to it, but man those prices keep creeping. I know it has been talked to death but it really is getting to a point of how much is too much. It seems like there have been a number of discussions on here over the years where we would say “if it hits this price, I’m out” but we just kind of keep re-adjusting. I know I have become much, much more selective…and army building is kind of going away. Especially at $17 individual figures. Starting to wonder how much more of that the TVC line can take.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2023, 06:42 PM »
I just hope it levels out and stays put for awhile.  I've definitely adjusted my troop building.  It needs to show up in a 4 pack or on sale for me to be buying multiples at $19 shipped.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2023, 02:42 PM »
That Cad Bane really looks great. Already preordered, and looking forward to it, but man those prices keep creeping. I know it has been talked to death but it really is getting to a point of how much is too much. It seems like there have been a number of discussions on here over the years where we would say “if it hits this price, I’m out” but we just kind of keep re-adjusting. I know I have become much, much more selective…and army building is kind of going away. Especially at $17 individual figures. Starting to wonder how much more of that the TVC line can take.

I've moved from Army building to squad building.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 07:11 AM »
Squad building is a far more reasonable approach these days.  When I was looking through some boxes of figures from the 2006 Saga Collection I saw those price tags - $6.99 each.  It made getting 20 of those 212th Clone Troopers a lot more feasible than now.  When TVC launched in 2010 around $10.99 per figure you felt a bit more of a pinch, but it was still feasible.  But now, spending $14.99 or $16.99 per figure?  It's getting crazy.  And I think things are hitting a breaking point.

Case in point - the VC231 Stormtrooper.  That figure should have sold SO MANY units.  But I think that Hasbro might have felt more comfortable with it as a Walmart exclusive on account of the price hikes.  People bought the VC140 Stormtrooper by the case for some time.  But I think we're seeing those kinds of purchases tailing off because it's simply too expensive for collectors to keep doing that.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 09:27 AM »
Squad building is a far more reasonable approach these days.  When I was looking through some boxes of figures from the 2006 Saga Collection I saw those price tags - $6.99 each.  It made getting 20 of those 212th Clone Troopers a lot more feasible than now.  When TVC launched in 2010 around $10.99 per figure you felt a bit more of a pinch, but it was still feasible.  But now, spending $14.99 or $16.99 per figure?  It's getting crazy.  And I think things are hitting a breaking point.

Case in point - the VC231 Stormtrooper.  That figure should have sold SO MANY units.  But I think that Hasbro might have felt more comfortable with it as a Walmart exclusive on account of the price hikes.  People bought the VC140 Stormtrooper by the case for some time.  But I think we're seeing those kinds of purchases tailing off because it's simply too expensive for collectors to keep doing that.

I agree. I have to agree though, I do get tempted to get one more case of stormies whenever I'm feeling flush with cash.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2023, 04:35 PM »
I think Cad is a new wave. We'll spin him off on his own here and add in others as they are revealed (like the new TVC Jerjerrod is likely in this wave I think).

Here is the JD Sponsored Amazon linky for Cad Bane - https://amzn.to/3FKE5HI

Jayson has done some sleuthing and it sounds like this wave will be:

Cad Bane (TBOBF) {new}
Moff Jerjerrod (ROTJ) {new}
Nien Nunb (ROTJ) {repack}
Boba Fett (Dune Sea)  {repack from the latest Slave I Boba Fett's Starship repaint}

Here is the JD Referral linky for the EE full case pre-order if you don't want to wait on individual pre-orders -> https://ee.toys/EARS7G

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2023, 02:26 PM »

I agree. I have to agree though, I do get tempted to get one more case of stormies whenever I'm feeling flush with cash.

That’s why the Stormtrooper army builder set at $40 was a great option. At $10 a figure it was easy to buy 8 of those. Now that these types of sets are $60 a pop, it’s hard to justify.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: April 8, 2023, 01:11 PM »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 TVC Wave 5 (New TVC Wave 31)
« Reply #12 on: April 8, 2023, 10:31 PM »
The only figure in this wave I'm probably not getting is Nien Nunb, and that's only because I already have him.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2023, 12:53 AM »
I’m actually glad Nien Numb is back, I had missed that Wave back in 2012 and never ended up picking him back up. I’m happily down for two each from this wave.
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2023, 01:13 PM »
Nien Numb -
JD Amazon Link -> https://amzn.to/3Ktudnl
JD EE Link -> https://ee.toys/UO0Y5B