Author Topic: UGP - a Star Wars WORLD! - news thread  (Read 44218 times)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Group Project - a Star Wars WORLD!
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2006, 06:18 PM »
if a planet is to much then mabey we could do a space station like the one in lance's interactive photonovel! just a thought.....

=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2006, 07:23 PM »
Ive seen a lot of the younger guys basicly saying something to the effect of" My parents wont let me send figures". Coming from a family like that myself I can understtand. So your parents wont let you send out YOUR figs.

Heres an idea, maybe some of us could donate parts and what not have you guys custom ise them in the way that you wish and then you send us "OUR" fugures back? It sounds a little far fetched sure, but it could work.

BTW have you even asked your parents about this? Let them read this entire thread to see what it is we are trying to do, aand they may not have a problem with it.

Try it It may work.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2006, 07:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure I can. My mom is pretty supportive and it's only a custom. In fact, probably the customs I do will just be donations. I'll ask her tomorrow and get back to everyone on the subject. This is a really great idea and I'd love to be part of it.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2006, 12:49 AM »
Hell, I have a ton of fodder I could donate to this... and I mean a lot. 

I spoke with Owen about it, and he went ahead and drew a pic that he thought up.  It's just a rough sketch but pretty fun.  When I get a chance I'll make one too.

:)

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2006, 01:08 AM »
I was pictureing like a town surrounded by a huge wall. and have an imp. base tower over the city. I wish that i could pm you my background story but i didn't save a copy. its a nice sketch, but there needs to bee more city. my mom and dad r soooo irritating when it comes to customizing. they think i could donate some customs, ill just need them back.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 01:11 AM by Dark_Phoenix »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2006, 03:52 AM »
Ok, I stayed up way too late tonight working on this, and need a break from it... but here's what I came up with.

Hope you guys like the idea - it has the following -

- Imperial base
- town (where lots of custom citizens would be added)
- small Rebel hideout
- bit of wilderness
- Mountain backdrop

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2006, 06:57 AM »
That's awesome Chewie. I like the lawout of the first one, with maybe awall on the lft side of the town, I think it'd give us a good "border on the one side of the Dio, and the mountian thingie with the base on the other will give us another good border.. maybe if the river ran down adn then cut to the left for another border, then we could use mountain ridges on the top that slowley ran towards the city wall to make the final border. That way we just dont have it end...
My only problem is.. well, building such huge terrains like mountains and such, will that be possible.. and um, portable?

I have some vehicle fodder I could donate, they're GI Joe vehicles, but I'm sure they cn still work.
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2006, 09:38 AM »
THat is a great sketch own did. Exactly what i was talking about.
We need more ideas like that, so we can pick and chose the best
features.
Notice its a simple sketch, so dont let " i cant draw"  keep you from
submitting something.

I really like the ideas owens included.  I think there should be some sort of barrier
between the Jungle and the space port/town.  I would flip the jungle and imperial tower
to oposite sides of the river.
If the imps need to enforce something, they gotta travel far through treachurous lands to do it.

Running with that.. Here is a built on version.

THe concept is that, there is a space port bringing people to the city, on the outside of that is the town with the
imperial command center at its center.  Then a barrier from the "uncivilized" areas.
Jungle, a few settlements and natural features ( river mountains)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 10:18 AM by Glassman6 »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2006, 11:10 AM »
In regards to the mountains and such, they are quite simple to make, and easy as all get out to transport. If push came to shove, when I go to C4, I could build some on site for the project, if we get a booth, and what not. They take a short time to make.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2006, 11:45 AM »
If we make the town a bit larger, We could make paved like streets like on Naboo, or is this an out skirts town?
There was jungle just outside of the capital on Naboo, So I don't see why we couldn't do that. Ohhh and for beasts of the jungle, check your local target for the Dino warrior things. I got like 3 sets for 17 bucks last night. (@ the greeley for you colorado guys.)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2006, 11:47 AM »
Well I guess nobody liked my depiction!   ;D

I'll try to come up with another one in the next week, maybe fleshing out Owen and Glassman's drawings.  I like the digital ones, just because it's easier for me to visualize that way.  I'm kind of against a river though, I don't see that as being very feasible.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 11:48 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2006, 12:46 PM »
Chewie and Glassman,

GREAT job, guys.  I find it interesting how similar both your concepts are.  I think most of us are really on the same
page about this now.  Excellent ideas and great conceptualizing.  It's really starting to take form in my
own mind thanks to these.

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2006, 12:51 PM »
I like 'em both too.  Right now, glassman's seems most feasible to me.  I think I'll make one today with some new ideas thrown in.  I still like the idea of a Jabba the Hutt-type crime lord palace.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2006, 12:57 PM »
The river could be dried elmers glue with blue dye.
I used to see it done on models. It doenst have to be real water.

I like your 3d image, chiew, i may do mine as a 3d image too to help
those who cant read plan and section clearly.

I do it for work all the time....

Remeber these are just concepts. Nothing is decided, the more there are, the more good ideas there will be to chose from.

Offline Joerhyno

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2006, 01:01 PM »
Hey guys, I just wanted to throw this out there, this guy's closing his shop up:
http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com/miva/merchant.mvc
It's in Canada, so all prices are in Canadian dollars(so keep that in mind if it seems a bit high), he takes paypal, and id you USE THE PROMO CODE 'MIKE' YOU GET 35% OFF!!!

Thre's not much left, but I thought some people could get some stuff for fodder, I know there's a Ozzel, Cpt. Antillies, and 4 Dutches still there, I had them in my cart, but it was getting pricey, lol...

He also has GI Joes that could be used for fodder..
Just wanted to throw this out there, hope it's not against any rules or anything, if so, I'll remove it :)

The river could be dried elmers glue with blue dye.
I used to see it done on models. It doenst have to be real water.
They make some stuff they sell in the model train area where you melt and it's like liquid plastic.. I have a bag somewhere, lol.. I'll have to dig it out... I think it'd look better than glue ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 01:03 PM by Joerhyno »
Make sure you visit, Good to go Customs.
Your one stop shop for 1:18th custom needs!