Author Topic: Recents Finds and/or Purchases  (Read 130313 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« Reply #180 on: February 13, 2021, 10:34 PM »
Was shocked today to see a few of the old Rebels 2-packs on the pegs at 5 Below today! I picked up the Cadet Ezra/Kanan set along with the TIE Pilot/Stormtrooper set. The packaging is 100% legit but the figures themselves look almost like cheap knockoffs. Same basic sculpt but with cheap, super sloppy paint apps. Would love to hear the story behind these...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Recents Finds and/or Purchases
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2021, 05:09 PM »
Was shocked today to see a few of the old Rebels 2-packs on the pegs at 5 Below today! I picked up the Cadet Ezra/Kanan set along with the TIE Pilot/Stormtrooper set. The packaging is 100% legit but the figures themselves look almost like cheap knockoffs. Same basic sculpt but with cheap, super sloppy paint apps. Would love to hear the story behind these...

The story as I have heard it and it may have been told in part here on JD is that these are old stock that sat at the Oakland port when they had a strike back in 2015. The stock sat in a shipping container in the heat for a good chunk of that summer which leads to the poor look of them as the plastic and paint have been affected. Since these are basically damaged good Hasbro couldn’t send them onto whomever they belonged to and sat on them until Five Below bought the stock in late 2019 (around the time I found them).
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot