Author Topic: 3rd Party Kenner Retro-Style Toys  (Read 8836 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Party Kenner Retro-Style Toys
« Reply #210 on: May 27, 2023, 09:51 AM »
I’ve always just sold on eBay.  The fees suck, but the buyers are there… that’s kind of what you pay the fees for. 

I also like the ease of getting shipping labels and getting paid.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 7, 2023, 06:27 AM »
RFT is shipping from SS and is available in the US shops.  Mine should be arriving on Thursday.  That is my last preorder besides the second batch of Banthas.  I'm waiting to see if I can just order Degobah Luke, Vader, and Greedo when they are in stock in the US instead of paying for UK postage.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 7, 2023, 09:31 AM »
Awesome.  Just ordered a RFT.  Waiting for them to get to the US is what I’ve been doing.  Each time that I’ve ordered from the UK site and paid for international shipping, it’s shipped from inside the US anyway.  I’ve seen that dismissed as helping cover the cost of getting the larger batch to the US… but I’m not really looking to subsidize the bulk shipping unless I have to.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 8, 2023, 06:39 AM »
I noticed that the last time with the Holiday Fett preorder which is the same time I preordered RFT, hence why I'm waiting for the new ones to show up in the US shop first.  Unless something sells out before hitting the US, I will stick with that method from now on.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2023, 11:37 PM »
So here is a development...

The Fans Strike Back website now shows "sold out" on every product. His most recent communications shunted blame for the unfulfilled Bantha orders to his subcontracted "factory" and claimed the factory had all the money.

He also recently sent out the Stormtrooper Han figure that was a part of the infamous 13...and while I didn't participate in that, I did see that when he invoiced that one figure he did so with language indicating 13 figures. Maybe this was a way to cover his ass as best he could legally if he doesn't get any more figures out there?

Because signs are pointing to his business being finished.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2023, 11:44 PM »
Nothing would surprise me at this point.  That ******* owes me $208 or a Bantha though.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2023, 06:45 AM »
I stumbled upon a facebook page about his business practices.  Apparently he has been sued around seven times in the past several years and lost six of the cases to the tune of around $30K total.  The thoughts are that Thrawn was something that was in production before he even announced the wave of 13 and that the ST Han is essentially left over product from when SS was running the company.  It seems that if you email customer service, that is when you actually receive something.  I did that around six months ago, and I got my loose Thrawn and ST Han at the same time.  It seems odd I got both at once while others were only getting Thrawn and then Han months later.  Supposedly, RFT and Sandtrooper are "in storage" in China.  Thoughts about these are they are leftovers from the multipacks he sold of these figures.  He claimed issues with Wedge and Biggs.  There are pictures of the prototype of those two.  Someone found an auction for a Beru and Owen that are thought to do be from the wave of 13.  They don't look all that hot.

I'm not surprised his site is showing out of stock.  Supposedly his etsy store is now closed as well.  I emailed customer service again last night to ask where my stuff is.  He also has done the third part of his update.  He had stated the updates were in three parts:  first was wave of 13 (no progress really), part two was Bantha (you guys need to contact the factory for me), and third was supposed to be "everything else" which I have no clue what that could be. 

I sent him a FB message about a year or so ago, and he claims they already had an ESB and ROTJ wave planned out.  If he isn't just a straight up thief, he is incompetent at business.  If SS can bang these things out, then TFSB should have had a lot more stuff completed by this time.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2023, 06:42 AM »
I am attempting to get my money back, but I'm sure it isn't going to go well.  I started with a paypal dispute.  They immediately closed the cases because it has been past 180 days.  I then called my credit card company that I used through paypal.  They said there should be a resolution within 60 days.  Hopefully I get lucky.  I know it seems like a silly idea, but I wonder if some sort of class action lawsuit would be possible.  I think all the money would go towards paying the lawyer since they are quite expensive these days.  Not really worth their time most likely.  Even if 1,000 people ordered both the Bantha and wave of 13, that is around $500K in stolen funds.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2023, 04:33 PM »
Go to the RPF and look for their Anovos thread.  There were lawsuits filed against them to varying degrees of success.  It might be an option, but I think your Credit Card company is your best bet to get your money back.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2023, 04:36 PM »
What's RPF?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2023, 07:38 PM »
Just got these guys in the mail. :)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2023, 06:54 AM »
Just received my SS Bantha.  Very solid and the box art is amazing.  Preordered on 2/15 and in my hands four months later.  That is how you run a business.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2023, 08:14 PM »
I ordered a second one when they went back up for preorder and got it yesterday as well.. I love the thing. 

I'm not sure if I'm going to open it or chuck it into the closet and forget about it for a few years... but I wanted another one.  Maybe because I'm never getting my SLC version. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 08:14 PM by Rob »

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2023, 06:31 AM »
We are never getting the SLC version if any of what I have been reading the past few days is true.  I never thought buying custom made figures would lead to this kind of insanity.  Just got a letter from my CC company requesting more info on my claim.  Just basic stuff like a detailed summary about what happened and any receipts from SLC.  The only difficult thing is that you have to send it via fax or regular mail, no ability to just upload everything.